Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards in 1945

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭badabing106

The biggest crime against humanity happened this year. THe U.S.A dropped two highly destructive Atomic bombs, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people in seconds.This Nation will never be forgiven for this abomination

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have no doubt that there would be a significant debate on the merits of the firebombing of cities and dropping of the A-bombs, combined with conspiracy theories as to how the German treatment of Jews and other conquered peoples was a frame-up, and how we have no -real- proof that the Japanese massacred Chinese or Korean citizens.

There might also be some discussion on how Ireland can get in on this free money thing that that American bloke, Marshall, is talking about giving to Europeans, and is Ireland missing out because it didn’t ally with them?

Also, does Ireland really need to keep the six PT boats and half-dozen fighters now that the war is over, and neutrality worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

The biggest crime against humanity happened this year. THe U.S.A dropped two highly destructive Atomic bombs, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people in seconds.This Nation will never be forgiven for this abomination
    The war was the crime. It pulls apart the strands of civilised behaviour, and can have a momentum of it's own. Wars usually increase in ruthlessness over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hitler is alright, he’s the fella who killed Hitler.

He isn't dead. I hear that he moved to a place in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

That's the last time I'm going to Nagasaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭wassie

Europe facing a housing crisis due to record shortage of supply coupled with a lack of construction.

wassie wrote: »
    Europe facing a housing crisis due to record shortage of supply coupled with a lack of construction.

Plenty of jobs for us lads! Hitler, a great man for the Irish navvy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This internet thing might take off, Ireland should invest in one of these computation engines.

kowloon wrote: »
    This internet thing might take off, Ireland should invest in one of these computation engines.

Fishing will do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think that next year will see an interesting development in swimwear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,665 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Hello, yes, yes, und welcome to meine fellow patiotic island monkeys. Meine name is Columcille Swift Murphy unt I am eine real Irish man zat is returning from ze America, unt I am looking for a woom to went in ze wemote rural area IMMEDIATELY. Vill take unseen. Vill pay 10 year on ze advance for ze rent. Up ze Republic!

would like to help but I have a couple of priests coming from the vatican, they are of to to setup a mission in Brazil

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I think something major might happen in Japan soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,665 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

branie2 wrote: »

They dont know the meaning of the word surrender, its not like they can be nuked

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Has anyone else heard the talk of England rejoining FIFA next year? I can't see the point of it from their point of view - that World Cup thing in the 30s was slightly entertaining but will never catch on (and let's face it, it may never be held again). Plus England are too good -- they'd embarass any team they play against.

*eagerly awaits the 'Boards 1949' and 'Boards 1950' football threads* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

branie2 wrote: »
    I think it already has - post no. 52.

• Advertisement

Well, the Japanese did start it, when they bombed Pearl Harbour in 41

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

The Nuremberg Trials Thread *Mod warning in OP*

Advertisement