Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

Hopefully Bolger keeps all those dark forces at bay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Wembley's very big at 33/1, could easily run into 2nd or 3rd place if he's straight today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Arthurian Fable might be worth a punt on the 6.10. Connections around Naas are quite confident. Everything is in its favour.

That was mighty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Serious horse to put up a performance like that after being out 4 times already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Panrich wrote: »
    Hopefully Bolger keeps all those dark forces at bay again.

I believe Ger Lyons had the balls to ask Jim whether he had crossed to the dark side and whether he had discovered the magic dust!

There ya go. Poetic Flare repeats the feat of his aul lad 8 years ago.

Of course I backed the second who is now off to stud

Serious horse to put up a performance like that after being out 4 times already

After winning and running so well on Soft Ground that Good to Firm win showed that he's a true champ that can handle anything that's thrown at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Too late to be putting it up but Jeez the 28/1 5 places on Wembly seems like a great bet. He's not here to make up the numbers . Obv i'm also with Ontario (god loves a trier)

:(:eek:

Got absolutely mullered twice in the straight first my his own pacemaker. Never winning but :o. Anyway hopefully nobody noticed, and he be a lump job next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

tryfix wrote: »
    After winning and running so well on Soft Ground that Good to Firm win showed that he's a true champ that can handle anything that's thrown at him.

He's obviously got a great constitution to go with a great motor. He'll be in demand at stud.

Surely it was Denise that told you to enjoy yourself Jamie and not Gordon! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

only Ryan Moore can get that beat the useless prick

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laguacamaya

Pretty sure Aidan tipped that @80/1...Nice wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I've backed the Stout horse - Solid Stone here in the 5.35. At around 9/2 looks a cracking E.W bet. I've backed it to win and also E.W.
    Patrick Sarsfield and Solid Stone look outstanding in this race and wouldn't be surprised if Patrick Sarsfield is placed, but for me Solid Stone with Moore aboard will hopefully do the job.

5.45 Brighton, Big Time Maybe @ around 9/4 is a lay bet, can't see it winning.

If they find a button to switch off Patrick Sarsfield he'll win plenty of big races. Just saw the stat on that Stakes race, 4 out of the last 7 winners have been drawn 5.

Don't know why Global Storm is so short in the last at Ascot. Brilliant Light is a much better horse than him and is 3 times his price at 12/1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

STB. wrote: »
    I believe Ger Lyons had the balls to ask Jim whether he had crossed to the dark side and whether he had discovered the magic dust!

Ger said it tongue in cheek jokingly. He was on off the ball today with Joe Molloy and mentioned. It certainly wasn’t an accusing way

The Mig wrote: »
    Ger said it tongue in cheek jokingly. He was on off the ball today with Joe Molloy and mentioned. It certainly wasn’t an accusing way

I never said it was any other way. You'd have to be a lunatic to say it any other way to Jim. He'd tear strips off ya.

The full context of it is following Jim's article with Kimmage in last Sunday's Independent about tackling doping, something that Jim's been looking for, for some time. Ger Lyons backs him up.

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Lyons-unaware-of-doping-but-backs-Bolger&prid=218942

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some big prices today !

STB. wrote: »

It's a fascinating situation. It would be ridiculous to imagine that plenty of trainers wouldn't be using nearly every advantage possible to win races.

The question is at what levels is it taking place. Assuming that Jim himself is absolutely clean then how can he win pattern races against these cheating trainer?

His Poetic Flare gave that St James Palace field an 8-10+ lb beating today. What use are the illegal drugs if they can't produce significant improvement in a runner ( lengths ?)

It's all quite puzzling. I would assume that the allegations are true but where are the unbelievable performances in Irish Flat racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

Looking at 2 at big prices in the Hunt Cup tomorrow.

Cliffs of Capri is hugely consistent at Ascot. Has run there seven times and only once outside the first 4. Should love the ground and looks big at 40/1 7 places with PP or 50/1 5 places with Bet 365. Doesn’t win that often but almost always runs his race and has won off 93 at Ascot and is only 4 lbs higher today.

Also gonna chance a few quid on Revich. Has run well is some big handicaps finishing on the premises. Likes being held up and coming late so Hayley Turner will suit him and first time blinkers might help him travel better early. 50/1 PP 7 places or 66/1 with Bet 365 5 places.

Only one bet tomorrow and that's Wordsworth. Looks a cut above this lot.

• Advertisement

Two more punts for today:

Small win only on My Oberon in the Prince of Wales. Has it to do on the figures but we at least know he's in form having finished a very close third in a Group 1 in France last time and he won't mind the ground. Obviously has it all to do with the likes of Love and Lord North but Love is having her seasonal debut over a trip possibly short of her best and Lord North bled last time albeit winning well. No juice in the 2 places ew so a small win only at 20/1.

Dalanijujo could get involved in the last. Won last time out beating a horse who was in very good form having won the twice previously. The drop to 8 furlongs seemed to help there so I'll take her to improve again. 18/1 Bet 365 5 places.

deeks wrote: »
    Two more punts for today:

Small win only on My Oberon in the Prince of Wales. Has it to do on the figures but we at least know he's in form having finished a very close third in a Group 1 in France last time and he won't mind the ground. Obviously has it all to do with the likes of Love and Lord North but Love is having her seasonal debut over a trip possibly short of her best and Lord North bled last time albeit winning well. No juice in the 2 places ew so a small win only at 20/1.

Dalanijujo could get involved in the last. Won last time out beating a horse who was in very good form having won the twice previously. The drop to 8 furlongs seemed to help there so I'll take her to improve again. 18/1 Bet 365 5 places.

Just noticed that Lord North is a non runner which makes the 20/1 ew 2 places a slightly more attractive option with My Oberon so thats the way I'll play it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Like Illustrating in the first; beat a nice type at Catterick on debut, should be better suited to this track and Karl Burke seems to rate her highly. Slightly worried 9 isn't the place to be but who knows! She looks Group class to me.

Onassis in the Duke Of Cambridge is likely to have been trained to the minute for this (Fellowes got her to score first time out in the Sandringham last year and nearly won the 1m 6f handicap yesterday with a fresh one!). Needs a career best obviously and I'm semi-worried about a lack of pace for her to sit off, but happy to gamble at the price - backed her at 12's and she's 18/1 now!

Astro King in the Hunt Cup is my main fancy of the day. Looks tailormade for this, circumstance bet him at Thirsk and a cavalry charge over the straight mile will be perfect. Should have an optimal draw and hopefully Moore can get him travelling behind horses early. If he does I think they'll fly home. Value in the price is gone but hopefully he'll go close.

Apricot Moon a big priced flyer in the last! Trained by a man who looks like he could go to the top and mentioned this as her target for the season in March. Only had one run but the race didn't pan out and I'm not sure she's a 10f horse anyway (plus it was a Listed contest). Fast ground no issue, been dropped 3lbs to 90 (looked good on her Irish Guineas run) and first time tongue-tie could help as she has had wind problems. 40/1 best price - that's too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Had a nibble on REVICH in the Hunt Cup. 50/1 7 places. You can also get 25/1 10 places with b365.
    2 runs over a mile this season have resulted in a 6th in the Lincoln at 100/1 and 4th of 16 at Newbury. Was 1 1/4L behind Matthew Flinders that day and has a 3lb pull today.
    Odds seem big based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭Xander10

stradivarius, can he be beaten tomorrow?

Xander10 wrote: »
    stradivarius, can he be beaten tomorrow?

I've tried to get him beaten a few times and failed so my play will be to look for something to be placed at a big price. I'm looking at 2 at the moment - Twilight Payment and Rip Van Lips. Twilight Payment will be far better suited by this trip and ground rather than what he has faced earlier in the season albeit he hasn't been running badly. 33/1 3 Places with Bet 365 and 25/1 4 places with PP both look tempting. Rip Van Lips is a bit of a shot in the dark but he has good form in Germany and Andreas Suborics is not sending him over here for a holiday so I'll have a small few quid ew at 80/1 4 places with PP.

In the Britannia I'm chancing Gioia Cieca with the extra places 45/1 5 places with Bet 365. Runs off 96. Was only 1.5 lengths off Megallan and El Drama the last day who are now rated 110 and 109 respectively.

In the King George V I think Too Friendly might have a small squeak at a big price. Beat Dhushan in a maiden the time before last who's go on to win 2 since and is now rated 92. That would suggest that on that form Be Friendly is a 95 horse at least and is in here off 88. His pedigree doesn't necessarily suggest the extra distance will help but PP are 40/1 5 places so I'll have a little bit of that in hope more than expectation.

Finally PP are 6 places in the Buckingham Palace so I've come down on Dubai Mirage in the hope that he'll bounce back after two bad experiences on dirt. On his earlier form the 50/1 on offer looks big.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Would love to see princess Zoe win

• Mohaafeth/Stradivarius double @5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Would love to see princess Zoe win

Needs rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Nayef Road last 2 runs have been terrible. But if he recaptured last years for he has a great chance of placing. 80/1 (3 places) looks very fair to take that risk.

Advertisement