Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC behaviour during power cut

Options
  • 08-06-2021 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I wanted to check how my Siemens SPC should be behaving during a power cut.
    It seems to run fine on it's own battery after the power goes, able to unset the alarm and no sirens or anything going off.
    Then after around an hour, the siren starts going off. At this point the panels are dead, so I'm guessing the battery has died.
    But even unplugging the main battery on the central panel, the siren is still going off.

I have an expander with another siren on an outside garage, and this siren seemed to go off independently.

So how do I reset the system in this case to stop the siren going off?
    Panels are dead, battery is disconnected.

Annoying enough to have the power out for a few hours without a siren completely doing my head in!!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

thos wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I wanted to check how my Siemens SPC should be behaving during a power cut.
    It seems to run fine on it's own battery after the power goes, able to unset the alarm and no sirens or anything going off.
    Then after around an hour, the siren starts going off. At this point the panels are dead, so I'm guessing the battery has died.
    But even unplugging the main battery on the central panel, the siren is still going off.

I have an expander with another siren on an outside garage, and this siren seemed to go off independently.

So how do I reset the system in this case to stop the siren going off?
    Panels are dead, battery is disconnected.

Annoying enough to have the power out for a few hours without a siren completely doing my head in!!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

The back up battery is meant to kick in to keep the system going which is correct.
    If your back up battery goes dead then the external bell will activate as it thinks its been compromised.

The battery should be keeping the system going for at lease 12 hrs so replacing the battery should sort the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Ok, battery only seemed to last 2-3hrs. Battery last replaced in 2018, after original install in 2015. So 3yrs to a battery, that sound right?

Is there anything I can do to shut down the alarm fully in this situation in future. Ie; power goes, and while running on battery dis-arm the thing to prevent the bell activating?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The bell outside has its own battery and little circuit ( so it will still sound ifsomeone cuts the wiring to it )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ok, battery only seemed to last 2-3hrs. Battery last replaced in 2018, after original install in 2015. So 3yrs to a battery, that sound right?

Is there anything I can do to shut down the alarm fully in this situation in future. Ie; power goes, and while running on battery dis-arm the thing to prevent the bell activating?

12V 7 amp usually last 5/7 years.
    If installed in a hot press then this can be reduced due to heat in the press.

Not really other than getting up at bell and disconnecting it as backup battery in bell is what is powering it.
    Newer bells have a 15 minute cut out time so if you updated the bell it would only ring for the 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Do you have any idea of how many powered devices you have connected to your panel ?

I mean devices like Beams, Keypads, Expanders, Powered Inertia Shock Sensors etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement