Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When/How Did You Discover Forum Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Explains why I've never heard of it, the only cooking ingredient I use is Meat...

giphy.gif

Its amazing for making toffee / caramel. If you have a sweet tooth you will have eaten it at one stage or another, in one form or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

On the topic of milk, when preparing a cappucino, do you add coffee or milk first?
    My coffee machine adds the milk first but if I was making it I would add the coffee first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Necro wrote: »
    So in the Walrus sign up threads the host will have different categories such as:

Songs to wake up to
    Songs to eat breakfast to
    Etc.

You make your selection for the categories (normally a single song in each) and PM them to the game host who proceeds to listen to them and ranks them in order of their preference.

Ah grand. I was overthinking it then. Didnt think it could be that simple lol. I do enjoy the music ones so may jump into the next one

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

bubblypop wrote: »
    they make coffee with it in Vietnam........ served cold usually with ice, but you can get it hot also.....
    fecking gorg :D

I had a Vietnamese coffee stout last week, and I was surprised that it was so sweet until my wife told me that Vietnamese coffee was a thing. I had just assumed it was where the coffee beans for the stout had come from. I don't drink coffee, but it was really nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Baggly wrote: »
    Its amazing for making toffee / caramel. If you have a sweet tooth you will have eaten it at one stage or another, in one form or another.

Ah yeah, I'm sure I've had it on many occasion in something, I just don't get enjoyment out of cooking or baking, so I wouldn't go out of my way to make anything, so I would never have paid much attention to the baking ingredients aisle in the supermarket...

When it comes to cooking, if I can't just simply add heat to something, I'm usually just not bothered....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Kolido wrote: »
    On the topic of milk, when preparing a cappucino, do you add coffee or milk first?
    My coffee machine adds the milk first but if I was making it I would add the coffee first

Coffee first always.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

When it comes to cooking, if I can't just simply add heat to something, I'm usually just not bothered....
    ...if you put the tin, unopened, in boiling water it turns into caramel
    One of the easiest things in the world, and awesome spread on toast :)

Just looked it up, takes 3hrs apparently :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

if you put the tin, unopened, in boiling water it turns into caramel. Might have to look for a tin next time I go shopping!

That scares the life out of me, boiling an unopened tin of anything for hours.

No stunts pulled here, I just buy the already made caramel!

The only thing I can ever be arsed to bake/make is banoffee :p

But not too often because I'll be eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

And thats 100. Stickied.

And thats 100. Stickied.
    Sticky like caramel. Mmmmm.....

• Advertisement

One of the easiest things in the world, and awesome spread on toast :)

Just looked it up, takes 3hrs apparently :eek:

Controversial opinion, but Toast is over-rated.

Ham and Cheese Toastie on occasion is superb (especially if you're in a pub with a few pints down you), but outside of that I don't really get the appeal...

We should have some sort of Controversial Opinions type game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

We should have some sort of Controversial Opinions type game...

Now if only there were a food quiz! It seems to be the only thing in life that I can confidently say I know what I'm taking about :o:D

Wtf LeVar?? First it was dogs. Now it's toast?!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Next it will be beans

Wtf LeVar?? First it was dogs. Now it's toast?!

tenor.gif

Well for what its worth I would rather eat a slice of Toast than spend time around a Dog... ;)

So to re-cap

Cat > Dog

Toast > Dog

Dog loses both battles, so the big questions is what wins in Toast vs Cat...

Never thought it would be something I'd have to compare, but these are the sort of things that happen in this great corner of the world that is Forum Games...

Still allergic to them, but...

Gotta go with Cat

Cat > Toast > Dog

Toast and cat is a paradox...

Cat_toast_swirl.gif

Dog > Cat > Toast > LeVar

How ya like them apples!?!

Oh let me guess, you don't like apples!

Dog > Cat > Toast > LeVar

How ya like them apples!?!

Oh let me guess, you don't like apples!

I like Apples just fine. Especially in a pie or a crumble.

Oh no, you put me last, my non-existent feelings aren't hurt... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Milk is great and all, but I prefer the forum games approach of beer, followed by another beer.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dogs or Beer is the one true question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Dog > toast > le var > lobotomy > cats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

sullivlo wrote: »
    Actually scratch that. If we get confirmation that Stu is coming to the next beers I will go buy 3 massive S T and U balloons and make him mind them for the night.

I might even stretch to an actual tin of condensed milk.

I remember searching the pub for a table with a ton of condensed milk on it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yeah, I could see you looking but I didn’t want to shout kitten across the pub.

I'm here since the beginning. Jayop started a thread in after hours about a strange game. It caught my interest so I thought I'd give it a go. I dip in and out of here now. Love the music russes and laws :) I miss the beers a lot. They were really great and I met some nice people.

kitten_k wrote: »

That definitely wasn't "girl in the red coat" night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I came to forum because I love Omackeral's flag tournaments. I remember being annoyed at his tournament being moved to "some obscure forum". :)
    Next was the Die Hard werewolf at Christmas. I've been entering a few games since and find myself watching out for them now.

I'm buying condensed milk later.

And it isn't at all cliquey which is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I was a big time lurker of Boards and always saw Werewolf mid game on the recent threads page but finally got to follow a full one in Mario Vs Sonic and I was sold!

Failed miserably at running my own PEEHS, still working on Walrus only on account of not wanting to let Necro and the forum down, I’m just terribly unorganised :o Got to mod my most favourite ever werewolf though so not all failures and I’m very happy to read people stayed despite my past transgressions :P

Met some really wonderful people who I care deeply about and would consider my friends and met my boyfriend through it too so even though I’m not as involved as I’d like to be anymore I’ll always have a very special place in my heart for this forum and the people in it :D

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886vl2j7uzj2s6h4y0v44ygl81xhe0h5npa6i7gqlr1&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886n383y14f331bdb1d9dc90pw5jg8d2hs2astmr8fm&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Any chance that a Sticky could be placed on this thread, as there is a constantly evolving membership in Forum Games, and this could act like a record of who has come and gone and of newer members over time? Just a thought! :)
    If we get to 100 posts, no probs :D

It's gone over 100 posts - just saying! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

It's gone over 100 posts - just saying! :D

It has already been stickied... :confused::o

Advertisement