Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me puke Boardsies!

• 10-03-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

People of Boards! Anyone have any half-pleasant half-decent suggestions to induce puking?!? Am so so SO sick right now, I'm lying here with 1 hand over my mouth doing my damnedest not to puke, interchanging with holding a tissue up to my mouth with the other hand, hyperventilating having panic attacks taking deep breaths into said tissue 'cos I'm so scared to vomit!!

The act of vomiting and retching/gagging / trying to vomit really really upsets me to the extreme extent of making me cry! I need to puke now and it might help me but I'm so very scared to! My back and sides are starting to hurt now, adding to cramps already there, probably from just being generally wracked with pain and also trying not to heave! What a sorry mess! Hating God right now! What did I ever do on him that was so wrong! :/ BLEURGGHHH. Feel so bleurghy. Have no Bucket or Basin here either. Gahhhhh. Need a Sick-bag. Waste-Paper-Basket may suffice. Will have to check what material it is made of!

I feel like I'm losing my mind! Screw you God! :/ I haven't done anything to deserve this! :( ;( Now my Gland and backs of Shoulders are starting to get sore too. I just got a horrendous sharp shooting stabbing pinch in the back of my right Shoulder there. And I'm starting to get Headachey and woozy and tired now too. Trying hard not to yawn in case it activates puking mode. :/

Oooohhh it's gonna be a long-ass helluva day! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Go for a jog.

Bonus: you won't have to clean it up and people will think you're scum, so will not want to deal with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How the hell did you type that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Fingers down the throat. Works every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Get someone to punch you in the duodenum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thanks op not only do you want to puke I just did reading your whole life story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Liamario wrote: »
    Fingers down the throat. Works every time.

Toothbrush oddly enough is way better than fingers. #notbulimic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If you could smell the turd I just plopped, you'd have no problem puking…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Ask the chemist for an anti-emetic. Don't force yourself to get sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you're that sick what are you doing spending ages at a keyboard

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 deeosull

Get pregnant, all day everyday puking. Miserable existence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I needed to puke last night. Was on my hands and knees for ages, nothing. As soon as I stood up, bam puke everywhere. On myself, on the wall, on the floor.
    In conclusion: stand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you have a swivel chair handy, sit on and keep spinning as fast as you can until you puke everywhere.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Read "The Tale of Scrotey McBoogerballs" and the follow up novel "The Poop That Took A Pee"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Get a job as a garda and arrest someone who enjoys eating their own faeces.

You'll also get €35k richer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Threesome with you, Michael Healy-Rae and Danny Healy-Rae. Picture that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Ask the chemist for an anti-emetic. Don't force yourself to get sick.

If she wants to get stuff out, she'd need an emetic, not an anti-emetic.
    I needed to puke last night. Was on my hands and knees for ages, nothing. As soon as I stood up, bam puke everywhere. On myself, on the wall, on the floor.
    In conclusion: stand up.

Or do a few sit-ups before standing up. Get stuff moving in the stomach...

If she wants to get stuff out, she'd need an emetic, not an anti-emetic.

Insightful.

The point is there are meds that can help you not need/want to get sick. No need to force it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Thread title needs a comma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Insightful.

The point is there are meds that can help you not need/want to get sick. No need to force it.

Isn't it better to get it out of your system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I really think you should seek proper medical advice from a GP or a pharmacist (good proper one not one of the chain gang)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Here OP, watch this video. If this doesn't work you have no hope.

Isn't it better to get it out of your system?

With erm..diarrhea yes. Vomiting it's not a necessity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Tequila cures all ;)

If I remember rightly, Tug from Home and Away once downed a load of salt water that caused him to puke and got him out of an exam in school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Toothbrush on the back of your tongue. You'll be throwing up like a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Have you tried looking in the mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The addition of a simple comma would make the thread title a whole lot less weird....

Or...

Exactly how many Boardsies have you eaten, OP?!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

A glass of Dunnes Stores Vegetable Oil should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Put them up on your shoulder and pat their back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Thread title needs a comma.

Ah now, "Help me, puke Boardsies" is just insulting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Eat something disgusting. Raw eggs, rotten meat, ****e, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Toothbrush oddly enough is way better than fingers. #notbulimic

Bullimia makes me sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I used to think of eating a mars bar and all that goo would send me retching.

Before I was ever pregnant vomiting was a big fear , but after 4 pregnancies, and the joys of daily morning sickness or vomiting. I have developed the reflex that allows me to vomit very easy. Three little retches and out it comes.

I hope by now you are feeling a little better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Looked at this for a second

Thought it said

Help me nuke boardsies

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Warm water with as much salt as will dissolve in it. Had to do that about 10y ago, worked better than anyone's finger.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If I remember rightly, Tug from Home and Away once downed a load of salt water that caused him to puke and got him out of an exam in school.
    bnt wrote: »
    Warm water with as much salt as will dissolve in it. Had to do that about 10y ago, worked better than anyone's finger.

This, used to use it to get out of school every now and again, until i was caught one morning when the ma woke up earlier than me...

Advertisement