Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pup question

Options
  • 21-06-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi
    My friend is getting PUP since one year, her workplace is still closed. She got a job, worked 3 days as probation and paid for it. But they did say she is not flexible enough to work with them. She needs to close pup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

elizunia87 wrote: »
    Hi
    My friend is getting PUP since one year, her workplace is still closed. She got a job, worked 3 days as probation and paid for it. But they did say she is not flexible enough to work with them. She needs to close pup?

Unfortunately, whilst your friend has obviously done the right thing in exploring a job opportunity but technically any paid employment could affect her PUP payment no matter how little they were paid. One major draw back is PUP is very inflexible, it's all or nothing as such, the rules for self employed understandably different and they are permitted to earn a certain amount whilst still on PUP.

Can you PM me, for further advice.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement