Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epsom Oaks/Derby Meeting

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

As you say, nothing wrong with the winning performance going by the time and the way it finished. What surprised me was how well it stayed though. Pedigree screamed one miler, yet it was the one that stayed strongest in the finish. I think it was a bit of a freak result and it wouldn't surprise me if this goes the way of a Masar and never wins again.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Most of us looked at Adayar and saw a Frankel colt who was thereabouts at 10f in group 3 company and given the lilly-livered nature of your average Frankel colt we thought no more about him.

He's by a miler out of a mare whose sire was a miler, but he has a dosage index of 0.58 which indicates that he should get the Ascot Gold Cup trip.

Frankel DI 1.00 was brilliant at a mile but he was bred to be a Derby horse and he has sired a large amount of stayers already. On Adayar's dam side every one of them has a very low dosage index number, his 3rd dam Anna Of Saxony won the 16 1/2f Park Hill Stakes at Doncaster which is no surprise given that she was an Ela Mana Mou mare and nothing screams stamina more than Ela Man Mou in a pedigree. The 3rd placed Frankel colt Hurricane Lane also has stayers pedigree with a 0.52 dosage index and a dam who won over 2 miles. The second placed Mojo Star is a freak who's defying his pedigree.

I doubt if either Adayar or Hurricane Lane will be suited by a return to 10f. They should be opposable if they go for the likes of the Eclipse or Juddmonte.

Advertisement