Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in Westendorf

Options
  • 27-05-2021 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Have just booked accommodation for Westendorf for January 15th for one week. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the most economical way to get from Salzburg airport to Westendorf. Any advice welcomed.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

hi Martina
    cheapest way to get there is by train. https://www.oebb.at/en/
    there's a train station on the outskirts of Westendorf, but if you're carrying a big bag you should organize a taxi to get from the station to the accommodation as its a bit of a haul up the hill with luggage, so another few euros, would only be two mins taxi trip.
    depending on where you're staying the hotel might be able to help out.

if there's a gang of ye, a private shuttle bus, similar to madness post, is probably the easiest option.

disclaimer : i've never got the train, always a shuttle or tour operator bus, but friends that have and its easy enough seemingly
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

It's two to three hours from Munich airport by train, and the flights to Munich are significantly cheaper than Salzburg. Bahn.de or Bahn.com will show you the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've gotten the train from Munich.
    It's quite walkable from the station to the village depending on your luggage. I had one wheelie bag.
    It's an easy journey - I think I had one change.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 diabhail

I used Stefans Taxis in 2020 - just google "Stefans Taxis Westendorf"

Was waiting at arrivals at Salzbug airport, straight minibus from arivals (5 mins) -> then to door of apartment (a little over an hour) and then back to airport again. There were 4 of us - it was about €360.

Super fast and efficient - we had an early flight - and even allowing for picking up ski gear, we got a few hours skiing in the day of arrival. 

I have also used trains - which is way more cost effective. But for sheer convenience at an acceptable price I found this service to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I got the train to worgl and got a taxi from there there is a local bus that runs so you could look at trying that

Advertisement