Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First ivf cycle - no blastocysts for transfer

Options
  • 17-11-2020 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

We have just completed our first ivf cycle.
    We have been trying to conceive for 3 years with 3 cycles of clomid only and 3 cycles of Ovulation Induction (TSI) over the last 2 years.
    I am 37, OH is 38. I have pcos but normal weight and both of us are generally very healthy with no medical issues.
    I have had three early miscarriages (all ended around 5 weeks) in the last 1.5 years - unexplained.
    Anyway, did short protocol ivf and was told at final scan that I was at risk of ohss so it would be a freeze all cycle and had to trigger early with buserelin.
    Ec went well and 29 eggs retrieved with 24 mature. We were delighted.
    Day 1- 15 fertilised
    Day 2- 14 embryos (some were a little ahead of expectations)
    Day 3- 11 (all 11 were on track)
    Day 5- 7 still going but none at blastocyst stage yet
    Day 6 - only 2 made it to blastocyst and were of poor quality so couldn't be frozen.

Embryologist said they were shocked as all looked so promising and they couldnt understand why this happened. They said egg quality looked good and no issues with sperm that they could see. To go from 24 mature eggs to nothing just feels devastating and I'm really worried about going again.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Everything i read shows people having at least 1 for transfer, especially with such a high initial number.

We are committed to doing another cycle but i just can't understand that zero. Anyone have any advice or words of wisdom on this or seen this before? Thanks x

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Hi Flowergal19,

I've moved this to the Trying to Conceive forum, where you might get some better responses.

Kurt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭fits

That sounds like terrible luck. I don’t know much about something like this but just wanted to acknowledge.

Advertisement