Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solicitors Fee's Buying & Selling

Options
  • 07-02-2019 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I am sorry if this is already covered, I did a search and nothing came up.

Myself & my husband and currently selling our own home and purchasing a new one.
    We are browsing around solicitors at the moment to review costings and would like some advise on what is a good deal.

Our home is being sold for 365K, and we hope to purchase for 450K.
    We are mortgage approved for the bumper and everything is fine that side of things.

What sort of ball park should we be looking at?
    I have been quoted the below from 1 person

Fee for sale and purchase
    1500 set for sale and 1500 for purchase
    Vat at 23% on top of the 3000
    Outlay on the sale - depends on what he needs to get roughly €100

Registration fee of €175 to register the mortgage
    €800 to register the transfer - payable to 3rd party - no matter what solicitor you go to
    Searches are about €100
    Commisioner fees €20

Purchase outlay of stamp duty - which we know is for all solicitors and separate.

Is this a good deal?
    Just wondering if it is cheap or mad money, so we know what to be looking for. I have asked a few places for their price breakdown.

Any advise greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The professional fee is the only negotiable part - 1500 is normal enough these days although you could probably find cheaper - by maybe 1-200.

Advertisement