Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Range - South America

Options
  • 08-09-2011 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hey guys!

ill be travelling South America this coming Sept - December

what sort of weather can i expect, expecially in Cusco in November and Bolivia, Paraguay and North Argentina in December

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bolivia in November onwards is very warm, with temperatures normally in the low to mid 30's, however it can get very wet with frequent thunderstorms and prolonged rain at time to time.

RE: Argentina + Paraguay: All of those areas are very warm/hot in December. December temps can hit the mid 40's (especially in recent summers). Prolonged rain isn't so much an issue here but again thunderstorms can crop up (not as often as the Bolivian region).

South America is beautiful in Summertime by the way, hope you enjoy yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

thanks alot cherry ghost!

im a bit worried about the rainy season in bolivia

apparently the moutainous areas dont summer as bad as the lowlands, so i may have to stick to the higher ground

thanks again!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

WilcoOut wrote: »
    thanks alot cherry ghost!

im a bit worried about the rainy season in bolivia

apparently the moutainous areas dont summer as bad as the lowlands, so i may have to stick to the higher ground

thanks again!

Aye its more arid and cooler. North Argentina is lovely. Lovely red soiled mountains and Iguazu falls is amazing. It's extremely humid around there though!

Advertisement