Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll Call

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Qadri, I've just read back over today's posts and you have your work cut out for you, that's for sure :eek: . I have to say fair play to you though, you argue your position well and from a position of knowledge.

For what it's worth(coming from a heathen devils advocate like me:) ) welcome to this forum and I look forward to your posts on Islam.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I hold a Master degree in Islamic Studies and a Master degree in Arabics from Minhaj-ul-Quran International University in Lahore.

Fair play bro, mash allah, do you know any minister by the name of Haider? Syed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Qadri

Wa alaikum as salaam,

I do not know any minister by the name Haider or Shah.
    I know of the religious minister of Punjab Sayyed Saeed-ul-Hassan Shah.
    I am personally a student of Shaykh-ul-Islam Prof. Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri, the ambassador of Peace and great scholar of our time ( http://founder.minhaj.org/ ).

Wibbs, Thank you for your comments. Islam is a religion which urges its followers to investigate and argue in order to find out truth.

Sayyed Saeed-ul-Hassan Shah.

Thats him.
    His Nephew, attends school with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Qadri

His Nephew, attends school with me.

Yes you mean Sayyed Jawwad ? He is sitting next to me at the moment :)
    He leads the Taraweeh prayer here in Clonee ( North Dublin Islamic Centre: www.minhajireland.org )

• Advertisement

What a coincidence :p
    Salaams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MsMolko

Vicki, English and extremely interested in religion, (especially Islam). I am very interested in Islamic cultures and daily lives so...here I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Hello. I am 31, Catholic, and very interested in Islamic culture, and the voice of the moderate Muslim which is often drowned out in todays turbulent times. I travelled extensively in Morocco a few years back, and the experience was a wonderful one. The call to prayer always stirred something in me, particularly being awoken at dawn by such a spiritual sound, and knowing that so many people were engaging in prayer at the same moment.

It is not so long ago that the Irish as a nation suffered discrimination because of the actions of radical groups in our society, and it is with this in mind that I refer to the telling absence of front page headlines on the Egyptian ferry disaster in the Irish and UK press this weekend. While the debate rages on about the Danish cartoons, and the extreme reactionaries get all the press attention, where is the compassion for the 1,000 or so lives lost, and their grieving familes?

Not a very upbeat hello, but a hello none the less. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Salaam aleikum,

Eoin is my name, 34 years old, I have lived in Saudi Arabia in the early 80's for 3 years and although I was young I found it a fascinating if not at times intimidating experience.
    I think the time there opened my eyes to Islam and gives me a greater understanding than most westerners as to what is going on there and what Islam and the teachings of Mohammed are about.
    It was strange to live under Sharia but as an 11 year old there wasn't much I could do to contravene it in normal life.
    I am an atheist tending towards paganism, but am generally tolerant of religions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fitzblado

Hi All,bring on the discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Hi all!! :)

I'm the_new_mr and am looking forward to having the odd discussion here and there. I believe that I'm a practicing Muslim (try to pray all five prayers on time, don't drink etc). I hope God sees that the same way. May God forgive me for my shortcomings.

I've lived both in Africa and Europe including Ireland and hope that my time in both regions has given me a good understanding of both cultures and the mentality.

I feel that forums/message boards are not the best place in the world for serious discussion as things can be too easily mis-interpreted and can often get out of hand.

Still, I shall try to be involved here as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Hey all, im Irish im Catholic.

Ive recently heard about Islam and i think it may be the religion for me. I have a few Muslim friends from Pakistan and they are telling me all about it.

Im going to read the Quran I find it really interesting. anyway wish me luck because it is a long book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Squaddy wrote:
    Hey all, im Irish im Catholic.

Ive recently heard about Islam and i think it may be the religion for me. I have a few Muslim friends from Pakistan and they are telling me all about it.

Im going to read the Quran I find it really interesting. anyway wish me luck because it is a long book!
    good luck in reading the quran, once you start it,it wont take long.

Welcome Squaddy!

Glad to hear it! May God guide you to the correct path!

Also, be sure to check out the "Links and Resources" thread which has a lot of sites on Islam helping to explain a few things which mightn't be too clear. The Quran may be relatively short but it can be very complicated and difficult to understand even for native Arabic speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Twigy

Hi everyone, I have just joined boards. I am a musilm,although i do not practice it as often as i would like. I have lived most of my life in africa and ireland so I am not in contact with a lot of other muslims. This seemed like a good place to get to know some. I think i just want something to connect me to other people on a less superfecial level and make me feel like a part of a group. You dont really fit in anywhere when you move around so much,and religion seems to be the only place i can belong and fit in.

Hi Twigy!

Glad you decided to drop by. I can relate to a lot of what you say as I've moved around a lot myself (also between Africa and Ireland). The feeling of belonging to a group is I guess an important one to feel comfortable in life. Religion is more than that which I'm sure you agree with.

Hope to see you around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Can i just say the new mr you are the friendliest guy i know on boards!! Fair play to ya!

Thanks Squaddy! I try my best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Assalamu alaikum! Welcome to Twigy, hello to Suff, Qadri and all other Muslims. My grandparents were from Kashmir and although I am Spiritual, no religion, I honour your religion and support your people. I visit the restaurant and shop at the Clonskeagh Mosque. May you all find the peace, honour and respect you deserve, wherever you are from. Blessings.
    Salaamz

Salam Mysteria!

Thanks for your kind words! This is exactly the kind of good people relations that everyone should be a part of :) You're very welcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kemaleddins

Hi to everyone,
    i was jus reading forum, and thought maybe to a talk with my brothers about Islam. So what is at last, What is Islam?
    For ex when i entered to this article, I have seen that the beging starts with lazy things, is that suits to Islam.
    in my opinion who says that he is a muslim should be a good representer of Islam, or he shouldn't say anything about Islam even he is muslim.
    Am i right or not? No don't understand me incorrect, like all muslims are brothers as a muslim also wanted just to share opinion, how do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Hi everyone,

Ive been on boards a while, should maybe have introduced myself before now!

My name is Ujay, (though I am called Ajay) and my background is Pakistani, though Ive mostly lived in London, and came to Ireland with my parents when I was eight. Im Irish now, but I might be going to back to Pakistan, or somewhere in the Middle East soon, to teach English!

I am a medical student, and a Muslim. I love Islam, but have diverse opinions, but I try to always keep these in line with what I believe to be the lessons of Allah and keep him in my plans and thoughts.:)

Ajay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Hi all.
    The names Peter and have been browsing this forum for a while, but not posted. I am a Buddhist, live in Tokyo, and have a deep interest in all religions and a desire to better understand Islam. As a Buddhist I respect all religions and beliefs, other than those of fundamentalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

20 irish live in dublin. probably the best at being a muslim.

i'm my on going mission to track down iranians. so far caught one. must learn farsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

اسلام عليکم

i m Wasim, and i m from Pakistan city Kamoke you might know it from its rice. live in dublin came in Ireland in 2003.

Wa Alaykom Al Salam wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatu

Welcome to Asiaprod (already a regular poster here), Dontico and wasim21k. And of course we all know InFront :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Just wanted to say hi as I've been posting a few times on this forum recently.

I'm Patrick, born in Belfast though I've spent a lot of time living in England over the years. I sometimes do night work for a security firm (usually wearing a high visibility jacket or waistcoat!) and this gives a lot of time for reading and looking at the internet.

In the last few years, I've worked with some Muslims and I've been interested in how different they are from the stereotypes we see on TV. I don't like feeling ignorant about things so I've been doing some reading on Islam and would like to know more.

You're very welcome here hivizman! Wish there were more people like you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Hi Everyone, Salam Alaikum

I am an Irish guy in his late 20's from Dublin who has embraced Islam. I have yet to take my Shahada (formally convert) though as I have a few issues I need to address (alcohol related!)

C

• Advertisement

Wa Alaykom Al Salam!

Welcome to the Islam forum!!

Advertisement