Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Furniture damaged on Delivery

• 23-06-2021 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi

i ordered a new sofa and single recliner chair from a well know furniture/bedding stores.

It was delivered last Saturday, the sofa was packaged when brought into the house but the chair was brought in by the delivery men unpackaged. As they had just left I noticed a couple of tears on the chair, nothing big but its a brand new chair and shouldn't have any damage.

I phoned the Store where i bought it straight away who advised I had to email customer services. They have come back to me advising that I have to contact a UK based company who will arrange for someone to come around and repair the chair.

I advised that I would want a replacement instead of a repair as it was brand new and was damaged on delivery. They have now come back saying they would offer a 150 euro store credit and I could keep the chair as is, no mention of a repair as well.

Do I have any further options here or do I just have to accept the voucher or the repair

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm not an upholsterer but I really can't see how a repair would be to the same standard as a new chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I wonder who they are.

Let me guess - their name has 3 letters and they are known for appalling customer service and scam pretend discounts, fooling people with discount off some made up "after event price"

And it is not for you to contact some third party service in the UK. The shop you bought it from is 100% responsible for safe delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,547 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've had stuff delivered damaged from another well known store with rather more letters in their name, and from one with four letters that isn't the one you're thinking of; its a common enough problem and nearly always badly handled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Contact the shop and say very clearly that you want a refund or a replacement and failing that you will take a case to the Small Claims Court.

Follow up in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Darc19 wrote: »
    I wonder who they are.

Let me guess - their name has 3 letters and they are known for appalling customer service and scam pretend discounts, fooling people with discount off some made up "after event price"

And it is not for you to contact some third party service in the UK. The shop you bought it from is 100% responsible for safe delivery.

Not DFS if that is who you are thinking of. It's EZ living and still going back and forth with customer services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'd be getting a lend of a van and bringing it down to their main shop in Sandyford and not leaving until I had my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thats a shame, I always had greats products and service from them. IMHO they're entitled to offer a repair but it needs to be of the same standard as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Highlander wrote: »
    Not DFS if that is who you are thinking of. It's EZ living and still going back and forth with customer services

EZ Living Interiors https://www.ezliving-interiors.ie/stores
    or
    EZ Living Furniture https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/storelocator

Two different companies. Interiors has a great name for service, not sure about the other

Advertisement