Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One4all

• 09-01-2021 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to use these vouchers on a website like Nike.com? Is there any way to maybe buy a single use credit card that I could then top up further?
    The one4all can be used on the likes of Elverys and Lifestyle but limited to €50 per transaction so pretty useless for anything costing more than that.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can you not use it in store at Tesco and pay over the €50 with a debit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lightscribe

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to use it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I want to use it online.

You can't unless it's a chip and pin gold card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lightscribe

You can't unless it's a chip and pin gold card.

There are certain outlets that take it online but to a maximum of €50 per transaction.

Can the one I have be changed to a chip and pin?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭SourSessions

There are certain outlets that take it online but to a maximum of €50 per transaction.

Can the one I have be changed to a chip and pin?

Thanks

Sorry, that's what I meant: You can't use it above €50.

Chip and pin cards have a minimin load of €150 and require ID verification.

You can't change your current card to a different one without buying a new one (and I'm not sure you can buy an o4a with another o4a)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

Sorry, that's what I meant: You can't use it above €50.

Chip and pin cards have a minimin load of €150 and require ID verification.

You can't change your current card to a different one without buying a new one (and I'm not sure you can buy an o4a with another o4a)

You can, I recently bought a chip-and-pin version with a non chip-and-pin one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭feelings

@grimman - how/where can you buy a chip and pin version with a non chip one?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

https://www.one4allrewards.ie/chip-pin-card-1.html

You can just purchase the chip and pin version with your existing One4All Card, I exchanged a €500 non-chip version for a €500 chip version -- use the promo code: HAPPYTOHELP to get free shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I tried mine a while ago in Tesco, no dice. Didn't work at all. The guy on the tills said they very rarely actually work.

They are, basically, absolutely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

The hassle of these cards are just one step up from Ryanair vouchers.

While a person giving you the hassle of a 0ne4all card is probably doing it out of love.
    People who give you Ryanair vouchers probably hate you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

JimmyVik wrote: »
    The hassle of these cards are just one step up from Ryanair vouchers.

While a person giving you the hassle of a 0ne4all card is probably doing it out of love.
    People who give you Ryanair vouchers probably hate you :)

whats wrong with Ryanair voucher? I have one and plan to use after being jabbed. Anything I need to know

skinny90 wrote: »
    whats wrong with Ryanair voucher? I have one and plan to use after being jabbed. Anything I need to know

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

skinny90 wrote: »

Is its expiry date summer 2022? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Only decent online retailer I found that accepted it was boots. So my Christmas present from my boss ended up being three months supply of formula, nappies and wipes :D It's money I would have spent anyway so happy enough though I aged five years trying to actually get it registered and kyc checks done etc.

I'd say a One 4 All is possibly the only gift worse than a donation in the recipients name to the Moscow State Ballet or sending a goat to be butchered in some developing country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I tried mine a while ago in Tesco, no dice. Didn't work at all. The guy on the tills said they very rarely actually work.

They are, basically, absolutely useless.

I have a chip-and-pin voucher that I've tried to use online (have activated it etc) a few times since Christmas. Always fails on the secure validation step.

Just wondering - when it "very rarely actually works", is it that it won't work sometimes but might work the next, or that it won't work at all in some shops?

i.e., should I keep trying, or try somewhere else?

I called support about this but after 45 minutes waiting on the phone, the guy knew nothing. Said it would need to be escalated and, predictably, I've heard nothing since. Another guy in work had the very same experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

My One4all tip is that if a retailer sells vouchers, then use your one4all to buy multiple vouchers for €50 and then you can purchase something fo a bigger value on the site. I did this with mcguirks and bought a new club.

The issue i currently have with one4all is that i have about 3 cards all with less than €10 on them and dont know how to use them up

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

JP85 wrote: »
    The issue i currently have with one4all is that i have about 3 cards all with less than €10 on them and dont know how to use them up

What I have done in this situation in the past is to find the exact amount on each, and them use them in one transaction, in a bricks and mortar store, such as Woodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I’ve used one for all vouchers for years and only once had an issue . Restaurants, hotels , sports shops , clothes shop and grocery shops have all accepted them with no issues, even using multiple cards for bigger purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭normanbond

I have a One4all with €500 value.
    Made a purchase for €500 recently and had to endure the big wait at the till as the cashier had to input 10 multiples of the €50 max transaction limit permitted with these cards. Loads of frustrated shoppers waiting in line behind me at the till point!!
    Grrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

normanbond wrote: »
    Made a purchase for €500 recently and had to endure the big wait at the till as the cashier had to input 10 multiples of the €50 max transaction limit permitted with these cards. Loads of frustrated shoppers waiting in line behind me at the till point!!
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Got a load of them from an employer a few years back. Small amount for little daily competitions in the office. Bought a Smart TV with them in DID or PowerCity much to the chagrin of the queue behind me. In fairness they opened another till.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    Only decent online retailer I found that accepted it was boots. So my Christmas present from my boss ended up being three months supply of formula, nappies and wipes :D It's money I would have spent anyway so happy enough though I aged five years trying to actually get it registered and kyc checks done etc.

I'd say a One 4 All is possibly the only gift worse than a donation in the recipients name to the Moscow State Ballet or sending a goat to be butchered in some developing country.

I heard you only buy them for people you hate.
    They are only one tiny step above a ryanair voucher :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭tobdom

You can cash them in for a fee..... https://www.one4all.com/terms-conditions

2.6 You may request repayment of any credit balance outstanding on the Card by calling GVS on 0870 085 4141. A Redemption Fee will be applied in accordance with Clauses 6 and 10.

It's a bit of hassle, but worth it if there's enough on it and you can't find a good way to use it as a voucher. They're ridiculously restricted in usage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

tobdom wrote: »
    You can cash them in for a fee..... https://www.one4all.com/terms-conditions

2.6 You may request repayment of any credit balance outstanding on the Card by calling GVS on 0870 085 4141. A Redemption Fee will be applied in accordance with Clauses 6 and 10.

It's a bit of hassle, but worth it if there's enough on it and you can't find a good way to use it as a voucher. They're ridiculously restricted in usage

You can't do that if gifted from an employer due to BIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

normanbond wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrrr

The staff member must not have realised that there's a difference between instore and online.

The €50 limit is for online transactions only if its not a chip and pin card

Instore/Inperson transactions can be up to the value to the card

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

The €50 online limit is going to cause a huge drop in their sales. I know the company can't do anything about this but their usage has decreased do much.

I have 2 since Christmas and finding them hard to spend.

The €50 online limit is going to cause a huge drop in their sales. I know the company can't do anything about this but their usage has decreased do much.

I have 2 since Christmas and finding them hard to spend.

I believe their sales have increased.

Online limits don't apply if you have their chip and PIN card and completed registration for identification.

Most corporate bonus cards are chip and pin and this is where they do the vast majority of sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Antares35 wrote: »

Bigtime - never understood the Irish obsession with them. I guess at one point in the 90s or some sh!t they were good as you probably had a book token style paper voucher that could be used in a few places.

But now its just expensive way to give anything to anyone.

km991148 wrote: »
    Bigtime - never understood the Irish obsession with them. I guess at one point in the 90s or some sh!t they were good as you probably had a book token style paper voucher that could be used in a few places.

But now its just expensive way to give anything to anyone.

You're not taking account of the fact that their big sales are with corporate clients. They are very tax efficient for gifting to employees.

Personally I get maybe three of them a year and have no difficulty using them,

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're not taking account of the fact that their big sales are with corporate clients. They are very tax efficient for gifting to employees.

Personally I get maybe three of them a year and have no difficulty using them,

oh I am - they are still a complete pain in the hole (for me and it seems for others too).

Last one I got, went to use it.. didn't work - called them - had to be "activated" - fine done over the phone.. but of course not really as they had to wait until the ticker tape got read out by an operator and the reel to reel backups were synchronised.. 36 hours later my card worked..

That was only 3 years ago or something.. I dont even bother with them anymore tax break aside

• Advertisement

but yeah - very old school company - they dont really care about the user experience of them.. money for old rope selling to corporates. If the small gift allowance was removed or a better competitor came along the business would disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

My employer has taken to giving virtual One4All awards for either €25 or €50. I had tended to use the physical ones for grocery shopping in the past but the virtual ones prove to be an absolute nightmare. You have to set it up as your primary contactless on your phone and it doesn't seem to work on self service registers. I tried to ask one cashier about it in Tesco and I was brushed off. I got a second one to agree to try take my €25 as part of a larger transaction but whatever way they messed up the calculation I am stuck with €0.59 on the virtual card! Is there any retailer online who accepts multiple card payments where I could use up the €0.59?

My employer has taken to giving virtual One4All awards for either €25 or €50. I had tended to use the physical ones for grocery shopping in the past but the virtual ones prove to be an absolute nightmare. You have to set it up as your primary contactless on your phone and it doesn't seem to work on self service registers. I tried to ask one cashier about it in Tesco and I was brushed off. I got a second one to agree to try take my €25 as part of a larger transaction but whatever way they messed up the calculation I am stuck with €0.59 on the virtual card! Is there any retailer online who accepts multiple card payments where I could use up the €0.59?

Quick answer is no as in almost all online transactions just one payment type can be processed.

Anyway, it's 59c - hardly worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

I used to hate getting one4all cards until I learned they can be used for Just Eat. The last couple of takeaways have been care of my voucher. Otherwise I use them in Penneys. Cash is king, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

aoife1991 wrote: »
    I used to hate getting one4all cards until I learned they can be used for Just Eat. The last couple of takeaways have been care of my voucher. Otherwise I use them in Penneys. Cash is king, imo.

How do you use the odd amount change left over as you get towards the end of the voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

How do you use the odd amount change left over as you get towards the end of the voucher?
    Penneys or TK Maxx. I used one in TK Maxx recently for €3.61. I was a bit embarrassed but the fella on the till said people do it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭grimeire

does anyone know if you can still transfer digital cards to physical cards.

I got a few digital ones from work and it appears on the site that you can only use those digital cards with phone apps. I dont have NFC on my phone so can use them. I was able to transfer the digital to physical cards last year.

As usual the One4all support dont respond or are unreachable

The other half got one today for a present.

Decided to spend it in Woodies and the said there was nothing on it. So she checked the balance on the app and it said zero.

Her friend said there should be €50 on it.

No answer from one4all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What this about activating cards? I've never done it. Is it only for online or chip and pin or something?

Doesnt say anything on the card or cover at all about activating it. Its not a chip and pin one either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

no activation needed on cards with a value of €150 or less.

I'm surprised that one4all don't copy the Irish owned me2you cards by getting the ID from the company purchasing the cards and once of the directors. This satisfies the aml requirement and would be a lot less stressful

I got a €50 non chip and pin last week that required activation. This is the norn when I get these cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Supervalu take these OP, gets some sweets to make up the value :)

Use the app, works on the self service tills no bother. my work social club gives us a €10 one4all virtual card instead of a bottle of wine or a box of chocs last two years and I wanted to get every last cent if possible out of them.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,625 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Love to know this aswell. Finding the digital one impossible to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

She wasnt going to call the friend and tell them but I told her that her friend would like to know if she is paying for gifts with no money on them and sure enough she did. So her friend got through to someone and we just checked the balance there and its on the card.

I wonder is that another underhanded way they make money. Most people wouldnt tell the person who gifted them that there was nothing on it out of embarrassment. One4all then get to keep that money.

Add that to getting to the commission on buying the vouchers.

Keeping the odd few euros that are always left on them.

People losing the cards.

Its all a nice little earner for one4all.

I wish id thought of that business model.

And I get non chip and pin from a survey company every few months and they must be activated. The letter with the card says so and the balance is zero until I activate it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

There is a better card out there for employers. My employer uses Perx. No hassle using it in big stores and can be used on line I believe. We moved to this a few yrs ago cos of staff complaints on One4all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A whole business model has been built on getting people to pay a commission to give what is the equivalent of a cash gift. And then depending on the receiver not spending all the gift in good time. The same way as a whole business has developed getting people to change their service provider for electricity etc. If people are sensible, they will not be the ones being stung, but that is ignoring human nature. Even if people get cash as a gift, it could easily finish up lodged into an account which is abandoned to become dormant. Vast sums are left like that. The current Lottery operator has "earned" €100 million extra profit from people who never bothered to cash in winning tickets.

I get a €50 one4all card every Christmas. I ensure it is spent quickly and there is never any remaining balance. Probably a big majority of people do the same, and in the end if people allow them to go unused for over a year it is their own fault. The first result on Google for "Gift voucher business model" is this American one, and there are lots more for anyone interested.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-gift-card-business-model-Who-owns-it-who-prints-it-how-do-they-make-money-since-the-cards-are-sold-at-the-face-value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Our employers gave us perx a couple of years ago. No problem using it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement