Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-12-2018, 11:04   #16
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
I've an enormous head.

My primary winter helmet is a Giro air attack. Extremely comfortable. Bounced it off a road last week, with the head inside, no visible damage.

My summer helmet is a Cratoni Terron. Extremely comfortable as well. Never been bounced off the road.

Sportpursuit is good. I've bought loads of stuff from them, but you could be waiting weeks for delivery. It will give you an estimated order date when you order and this is fairly accurate in my experience.
Advertisement
07-12-2018, 11:12   #17
Macy0161

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydel View Post
It saved your life, you ungrateful git!
Only a light scrape on the helmet, but I used the whole "always replace after a crash" bs as my excuse!
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2018, 12:04   #18
Cee-Jay-Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahat View Post
Man, just googled these and fell in love!!!! The bright yellow /fluro one especially.
I bought mine directly from Briko in Italy, two days DHL delivery. Subscribe to their newsletter and get a 10% discount I think. Shipping is also free.

https://www.briko.com/en/gender/M/ca...0170?color=904
07-12-2018, 12:16   #19
dahat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
I bought mine directly from Briko in Italy, two days DHL delivery. Subscribe to their newsletter and get a 10% discount I think. Shipping is also free.

https://www.briko.com/en/gender/M/ca...0170?color=904
Are they a bulky fit? How have you found the aero shell on warm days?
07-12-2018, 14:12   #20
ckeego

I have a Z1 and it is very light and comfortable with a very handy adjustment dial on the top of the lid... PBK has them at a big discount over the Summer.

I have a second helmet-POC Octal which again is very comfortable but is quite a big helmet in size... Again, recently Harry’s Bikes has them on sale but not sure Harry’s are still in business unfortunately
Advertisement
09-12-2018, 13:06   #21
pprendeville

Went with an Ekoi Corsa Light. Tried on a Catlike Mixino yesterday and loved it but out of my price league. Hopefully this one is comfy.
09-12-2018, 13:11   #22
Trekker09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratracer View Post
Ive a Carnac that I bought from Planet X, it was cheap enough to buy, but is way more comfortable that any of the Giro or Met helmets I’ve had previous to it.
Same here. I only bought one as my Blue Giro didn't match my n+1, and PlanetX had a massive sale on Carnac, so ended up getting one. By far the most comfortable helmet I've had, and stylish too.
09-12-2018, 13:23   #23
Mehaffey1

I had a Catlike Whisper for a year and sold it when I went overseas. Came back home and back on the bike four years later and bought another straight away no shopping around or comparisons.

Very comfy, very light, super well ventilated, really does feel like you are not wearing a helmet which is brilliant when you add in the fact I think they look fantastic. Seen a 2017 model online there for £60 GBP so that's exceptional value in my opinion.

Have had cheaper Bell and Giro helmets over the years, didn't rate them much, heavier and not so comfortable, as said by other posters that can be down to personal preference.

Also, had a Specialized S Works Helmet, haven't seen them around much these days but it did an awesome job of crumpling into crap when a dog ran out in front of me at 60kmh saving me from what likely could have been a very serious injury so they rate highly in my book.
09-12-2018, 23:14   #24
Cee-Jay-Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahat View Post
Are they a bulky fit? How have you found the aero shell on warm days?
I wouldn’t call it bulky and at 270g it’s not exactly heavy. It’s a really nice fit IMO. I haven’t used it on very warm days so can’t comment on how it would be but I used it several times during the summer and didn’t overheat but I could imagine it being a bit too warm on sunny hot days especially as mine is all black.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion