Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Not going to lie, this is one BR game i would play. Couldnt care less about the rest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Looks like a lot of fun as long as it also has couch teaming up/private games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

At the very least,its a creative take on the genre.

Trailer does make it look like fun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

beta tomorrow

• Advertisement

Game due out 4th of August.

Beta plagued by connection issues but when it works its brilliant.

This is out today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Played a game there. Got to the final but lost as it was the one where whoever has the tail at the end wins, good fun though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Coming to PS Plus which will hopefully give it a push in popularity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Not a great start, servers are all down. I managed to get a few games in earlier on, around 10am - definitely fun but it'll get frustrating, can see that already. Just about to perform the perfect jump to glide across a deadly gap and into first? well, opponents have something to say on that with their little cheeky grabs :D suddenly, last and shortly thereafter eliminated :/

I managed to get through the first couple rounds in a few games but was eliminated very quickly in others - mostly due to grabby McGrabbersons! :mad:

Went to have another try just now and nope: streamers are all out on twitch too so it's universal, they really should have been prepared - during their Beta trials they had over 100K people, surely they were expecting more for full release? This morning there over 200K playing, it was top of the heap on twitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So much fun! I'd been on the beta tests for this and enjoying it so much! Had my first win this evening though!
    Eel4VcJWoAcsWaj?format=png&name=small

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair, games from substantially bigger studios and major franchises often have server woes on day one - for a small game like this it’s a complex beast especially when demand is far higher than expected (and even the indications this would be a big viral hit only emerged recently). Always have a lot of sympathy for studios in the situations: they’ll likely need a little bit of time to stabilise things. That it’s back up and running if anything is pretty impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man that's a lot of fun. The mechanics of grabbing a tail can be a bit iffy, but overall it's just a great laugh. Have gotten particular enjoyment out of finishing a race very early, spectating someone who reaches the finish line with say 7/42 who decides to hang around emoting at people start running towards the finish line with a few places left to fill and the unseen timer ends the race just before he gets there even without all 42 places being filled. That's happened at least three times.

Have made it to the final round a few times. Just missed the crown on a falling hexagon round, was definitely 2nd but walked myself into a dead end.

Haven't had any real server issues bar the rewards screen freezing and kicking me out a few times, but rewards still added to profile so no loss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I played through one full episode (after one miserable immediate failure) and the tail grabbing was the only thing that seemed a bit funky. Other than that lots of fun, although definitely have to embrace that bumbling failure and mishaps are part of the mix.

I had another frustrating session this evening, got DC'd a bunch, also the game hung a few other times after I'd been eliminated when I tried to exit and start a new, had to force close the program. Hopefully they sort all of this over the coming days. I want it to be good/fun, wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

In total though [just over 2hs actual game play] I managed a bunch of rounds, I can see it's got potential. Though they would want to change up the levels every now and then or it will get stale fast. Almost every new game I played began with the fake door race and then into either the spinning platform race or the see-saws. Bit more variety would be nice.

I Really dislike the team games [usually third trial] they are pure pot luck, if you're unlucky you get landed on the poorest side and just get overwhelmed and there's nothing you can do [the egg basket game in particular] - this can really kill your momentum when you're on a little roll. Would be great if there was enough different trials that you were given the option to ban some each new game. Like banning maps in world of tanks for a loose example

Fix the server issues, promise new fresh challenges over time, and it could be a win.

I seem to do best at the race type levels.

Though they would want to change up the levels every now and then or it will get stale fast.

Fix the server issues, promise new fresh challenges over time, and it could be a win.

There's currently 25 levels, though a couple of them are variations (tail tag/team tail tag/royal fumble, jump club/jump showdown), and they're bringing in new levels in the different 'Battle pass' seasons.

According to their Twitter, they had 1.5 million people trying to play yesterday, which overwhelmed them a touch!

Managed to get a second crown yesterday, with my first "Hex-a-gone" win, on the PS4

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's currently 25 levels, though a couple of them are variations (tail tag/team tail tag/royal fumble, jump club/jump showdown), and they're bringing in new levels in the different 'Battle pass' seasons.

According to their Twitter, they had 1.5 million people trying to play yesterday, which overwhelmed them a touch!

Managed to get a second crown yesterday, with my first "Hex-a-gone" win, on the PS4

Hex-a-gone is always the one I come closest to winning. I'm starting to think the best strategy might be drop down a few levels quickly on purpose and create holes for others to fall in, because the three times I've played I've managed to keep fairly high and then when I've nowhere left to go, fall about 4-5 levels.

Egg Scramble is very chaotic. First time I played I presumed it ended when the last egg went into a goal, then realised the real battle was stealing eggs from the goals of other teams until the timer runs down. It's probably the best of the "grab"-type games. Still not fond of the tails ones.

Penn wrote: »
    Egg Scramble is very chaotic. First time I played I presumed it ended when the last egg went into a goal, then realised the real battle was stealing eggs from the goals of other teams until the timer runs down. It's probably the best of the "grab"-type games. Still not fond of the tails ones.

That, or guarding the eggs that your team has, as grabbing people makes them drop the eggs! And of course the gold eggs are worth 5...

Team tail tag is good, but the Royal Fumble one is nuts when it's just who has the tail at the end that counts! I was on one yesterday where I definitely had the tail for the majority of the time (after perching somewhere and waiting for opportunity to jump in and grab it!) but then got ambushed near the end and lost it! Still fun, if a little frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Played a bit yesterday, it can be frustrating but great craic at the same time. I got one win, which I think I have the dodgy servers to thank for, as it was the tail chase game where you have to have the tail at the end - half the finalists weren't moving, which definitely helped! I'll take it though. Another final with the same game I was fairly close on, didn't have the tail once til the last 30 seconds then grabbed it, only to have it stolen with about 3 seconds left. Been on the hexagon one once, think that's a valid point about falling a bit to begin with. I was doing really well on it, and was the highest still remaining, but then I fell about 4 levels in one go because of the gaps below.

Not sure what levels others dislike the most, but that see saw one is rage inducing for me. If you don't get out in front early, you could be a while waiting to get on one with everyone pushing on the one side.

The problem is though, the season is 2 months! a little long winded I feel as I think people will get very bored of the same levels each game. I played a bunch of rounds last night and I think all but one started with the see-saw, and I really hate that one :/

The team games can be fun, or complete thrash, if you land on a team of dim wits there's nothing you can do [heading the ball into their own goal more than once!] Or just plain luck of the draw will see you out, The egg basket is the perfect example, if the other 2 teams decide to pick on yours - you're out, simple as that. Red seems to be the targeted team most times for whatever reason

Funniest round I had so far was the roll the ball down hill one. I was on blue, yellow stormed ahead and the whole red team decided they would jump into our lane and play reverse tug=o=war to try stop us [think they left one guy behind on their ball] - we rolled them over pretty fast and they were left looking a little silly :D moments like that can make the difference - or when someone decides to try 'grief' you, by pulling at you as you're about to cross the line, they fall on their face, you go thrugh and they get eliminated

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Not sure what levels others dislike the most, but that see saw one is rage inducing for me.
    I played a bunch of rounds last night and I think all but one started with the see-saw, and I really hate that one :/

Top tip for see saw: Dive before you land on a sloped see saw. Unless it's nearly vertical, you'll be able to land and regain your feet, whereas just straight up jumping will often result in a stagger/fall!
    I've managed to end in the first 10 (and sometimes 1st!) despite not getting on the see saw at the very start! And a little patience with almost vertical ones, where people have just piled on can get you going well!
    or when someone decides to try 'grief' you, by pulling at you as you're about to cross the line, they fall on their face, you go thrugh and they get eliminated

One of my favourite moments so far, was spectating after crossing the finish line in See Saw actually! There was a guy waiting on the platform at the end, trying to push people off. I had gotten past him, but he was making others fall off... till near the end someone was pushed off by him, but grabbed him and pulled him down too, they managed to get back on the platform, but he fell off between the gaps, and was eliminated before he could get back!

Top tip for see saw: Dive before you land on a sloped see saw. Unless it's nearly vertical, you'll be able to land and regain your feet, whereas just straight up jumping will often result in a stagger/fall!
    I've managed to end in the first 10 (and sometimes 1st!) despite not getting on the see saw at the very start! And a little patience with almost vertical ones, where people have just piled on can get you going well!

One of my favourite moments so far, was spectating after crossing the finish line in See Saw actually! There was a guy waiting on the platform at the end, trying to push people off. I had gotten past him, but he was making others fall off... till near the end someone was pushed off by him, but grabbed him and pulled him down too, they managed to get back on the platform, but he fell off between the gaps, and was eliminated before he could get back!

Cheers, seems so obvious but I haven't been doing that, will try it next time - I've either been eliminated from falling off when jumping across and sliding off too often, or ... getting stuck on one with a bunch of dims who don't realise you need to work together to counter balance them [it's tipping the wrong way and they're hanging in bunches in the middle] - I do try to get a bit of a lead to prevent this but get grabbed back a lot

Seen a few chances get owned when vieweing after qualify, can be very funny/satisfying

Seen a few chances get owned when vieweing after qualify, can be very funny/satisfying

I really hope they never add a timer or anything. Seeing them realise there's only a few spots left, turn around to head to the finish line as timer counts them out... Glorious...

Won my first crown, close game of hexagone. Very nearly had second in Royal Fumble. Had the tail for at least 90% of the match, including getting it back with only 20 seconds left. Ran into a mallet to knock me as far away from others as possible till one f*cker came from round a corner and pinched it with 1 second left. Sickened...

I really hope they never add a timer or anything. Seeing them realise there's only a few spots left, turn around to head to the finish line as timer counts them out... Glorious...

Won my first crown, close game of hexagone. Very nearly had second in Royal Fumble. Had the tail for at least 90% of the match, including getting it back with only 20 seconds left. Ran into a mallet to knock me as far away from others as possible till one f*cker came from round a corner and pinched it with 1 second left. Sickened...

Seern pretty much same happen to a few streamers - that game can be cruel. The first time I played it I thought the tails were just part of the costumes lol, that didn't go so well, had no idea what I was supposed to do. But you learn after every fail - I do like that aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Playing now. Great little game for a laugh. The team sports ones should have to have even teams. I really hate the tail chasing one. Such a great idea for a game, one of them things where I think, how the hell didn't I think of that

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Amazing how long it takes to complete a round of the see-saw one.

Not sure how this doesn't exist already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Managed to get one game in, got through a few rounds then got an error about retrieving rewards or something. Now I’m just stuck on looking for players. Cba waiting so will come back in a few days and see if things have improved.

Glad it was free on PS Plus. :D

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Managed to get one game in, got through a few rounds then got an error about retrieving rewards or something. Now I’m just stuck on looking for players. Cba waiting so will come back in a few days and see if things have improved.

Glad it was free on PS Plus. :D

Not really free though is it? , as you're paying a sub already. Like Game Pass for PC, I'm playing a bunch of games 'free' on there so paying €20 for the very odd title is no' too shabby - is it worth €20 for PC players is another question. I think most gamers will have a bit of craic with it, but many will drop off after a week or 2 I reckon. There's a bit of patience and stamina involved that not all will enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭quokula

It’s something I’d come back to regularly if it was split screen, it could make a great party game.

But as it is, I played it for an evening and I think I’m done. There’s some fun to be had but it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

Something clicked with this, as I got through it without one fall 3 times tonight :) Also just getting the hang of the angles, when not to jump etc

Now ... that %^$ing egg basket game ... grrr :D

quokula wrote: »
    It’s something I’d come back to regularly if it was split screen, it could make a great party game.

But as it is, I played it for an evening and I think I’m done. There’s some fun to be had but it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

Split screen would be cool, but then your mates drop out first/second round and have to wait until you finish. If they added some team specific modes maybe

Split screen would be cool, but then your mates drop out first/second round and have to wait until you finish. If they added some team specific modes maybe

Would love them to do some form of local offline multiplayer, even just splitscreen races or the tag ones.

Basically anything that would stop my nephews playing that f*cking Gangbeasts game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Got my second win last night, the first without the help of the dodgy servers! It was on the race final where you have to grab the crown at the top. I'd lost on that a few times before, but this time there were only 7 in the final which made it alot more manageable. There were 3 of us at the top lined up to grab it, but the other 2 completely misjudged their jumps.

Got my second win last night, the first without the help of the dodgy servers! It was on the race final where you have to grab the crown at the top. I'd lost on that a few times before, but this time there were only 7 in the final which made it alot more manageable. There were 3 of us at the top lined up to grab it, but the other 2 completely misjudged their jumps.

Seen a lot of people mis time that one or forget/not know to grab it

I would be up for offline, my daughter is a bit of a mini gamer and plays the likes of Roblox a lot - which has mini games very similar to FG. She plays online with her friends, but now and then she'll play some offline games with her oul' fella :D mostly it's been fighting games like Tekken or Soul Calibur, or we'll take turns on levels of a platformer. Something like this might even get my non gaming other daughter involved if it was done right.

The football one might work, and if they could add more like it, maybe some kind of pong/tennis? More up/downhill obstacle course races or ... add cars!!! I don't mind if they completely go ahead and rip off Mario Kart and add in some courses like that :D

My first time reaching the crown on that one, I knew you had to press R2 to grab it.

Didn't know it mattered that it was physically too high to reach, thought it was just stayed stationary and you just pressed R2 to "grab" it. Only realised it moves up and down after I'd fallen.

The hardest game imo is the fruit fall one. If you get hit you can often barely get a chance to get up before being hit again, and the travellator doesn't help matters much either.

Jumped in for a quick round while I was waiting on some work stuff to complete, and managed to snag victory on Fall Mountain, despite being pummelled and knocked over a few times! Just got lucky that the others that got up before me mistimed their jumps!!!

Door Dash is ****ing chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unlike a few on here, I really hope they keep the single side of it just as important as the team games. I'm not a fan of the team based ones, I hate being brought down by useless team mates! :P But variation is key here, they need to keep the levels fresh, or more dynamic. Rejigging some of them would be good.

But where I think this game will really take off are collaberations with other companies. Like the above CDPR one, you can see Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat character designs, Marvel/DC, films, tv, music. The possibilities are endless in that regard, but it will still come down to variety at the end of the day. I would be 100% behind a Total Wipeout version, one player against the clock, leaderboards, etc. Lots and lots of potential here, I just hope they can keep up with the very limited attention spans of a lot of gamers.

Also need more prizes for second/third/top 10, etc. Missing out by milliseconds on the win is extra frustrating to know you don't get much else compared to the rest. Like the fox tail game for example, the person who had the tail for the longest should get a bonus, more than 1 should be able to grab the crown for placements, etc. Maybe get people who were eliminated spectating, having water cannons or something like that to mess with the remaining contestants, like the lads shooting canon balls at you in the bridge game in Takeshis Castle! There's more colabs, Takeshis Castle, Ninja Warrior, Total Wipeout... Endless possibilities! And from what I've read, Devolver Digital are a pretty sound bunch who are good at what they do, so here's hoping!

Final Thought - Far Cry: Blood Dragon themed levels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally tried this last night, just one game before bed and it was brilliant. Finished 7th which I was quite happy with seeing as I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Can you jump in to the same game with a party of players?

...more than 1 should be able to grab the crown...

Looks like that happened yesterday!
    https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1291439278636052481

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can you jump in to the same game with a party of players?

You can form a team of you and up to three mates from the main screen. But of course only one of you can win, so there'll have to be betrayal at some stage! ;)

Saw a clip somewhere of a guy who jumped for the crown when it was too low, ended up being able to climb on top of it but didn't register it as a win. Someone else grabbed the crown while he was standing on top of it.

Think the devs are aware of it and preparing a fix. That'd be a sickener.

Won another few last night. Usually Hex-a-gone. The tail tag one as final round is just pointless if you've fewer than five in the final round. Played one last night were there was only three of us in final round and there was just no hope of catching him. It only works when the person with the tail is somewhat cornered or you flank them. With only two or three chasing him, there are too many escape routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Played a few games yest and really enjoyed it. Think this will be my game of choice for the foreseeable. Just jump in and play so enjoy that. Off today from work but servers down all morning doh.

Unlike a few on here, I really hope they keep the single side of it just as important as the team games. I'm not a fan of the team based ones, I hate being brought down by useless team mates! :P But variation is key here, they need to keep the levels fresh, or more dynamic. Rejigging some of them would be good.

But where I think this game will really take off are collaberations with other companies. Like the above CDPR one, you can see Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat character designs, Marvel/DC, films, tv, music. The possibilities are endless in that regard, but it will still come down to variety at the end of the day. I would be 100% behind a Total Wipeout version, one player against the clock, leaderboards, etc. Lots and lots of potential here, I just hope they can keep up with the very limited attention spans of a lot of gamers.

Also need more prizes for second/third/top 10, etc. Missing out by milliseconds on the win is extra frustrating to know you don't get much else compared to the rest. Like the fox tail game for example, the person who had the tail for the longest should get a bonus, more than 1 should be able to grab the crown for placements, etc. Maybe get people who were eliminated spectating, having water cannons or something like that to mess with the remaining contestants, like the lads shooting canon balls at you in the bridge game in Takeshis Castle! There's more colabs, Takeshis Castle, Ninja Warrior, Total Wipeout... Endless possibilities! And from what I've read, Devolver Digital are a pretty sound bunch who are good at what they do, so here's hoping!

Final Thought - Far Cry: Blood Dragon themed levels!

I don't think many are fans of the team based games, watch any stream and they always moan when egg basket or tail grab or jinx pops up.

I hate them. There's zero communication, the really are just pot luck as to who you land with. The only one that's fun is the football one, actually both football ones are fine [the push ball downhill one too] The jump through hoops one is ok too, no way for any team to be targetted. I've been eliminated too many times now because of clueless teams - the egg basket one in particular really drives me nuts - half your team fighting over a golden egg while the other 2 teams are raiding your basket and you're the only one trying to defend .... Argh!!! I honestly feel like just quiting when that one pops up.

Not got one win yet, but been in the final round many times. I would be all for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes too, [maybe 3/2/1 crowns] because I feel the longer players go without getting crowns the more chance they will lose interest

Won another few last night. Usually Hex-a-gone. The tail tag one as final round is just pointless if you've fewer than five in the final round. Played one last night were there was only three of us in final round and there was just no hope of catching him. It only works when the person with the tail is somewhat cornered or you flank them. With only two or three chasing him, there are too many escape routes.

Just happened again. 2nd round was slime climb which I guess a lot of people just left because 40 of us started and only 3 made it through. Final round was tail tag and because there were only two of us chasing him, not a hope of catching.

I guess a lot of people have trouble with slime climb because last time I played it there were 30 qualifying spots at the start and only 8 by the end. Never found it too bad myself bar the bit where you've to go across the beams.

I think the later rounds (3/4), if they're not team based, have a hidden timer, so if people are taking too long to get to the end, they will be eliminated anyway. If there's a timer, it should be displayed. And even those who don't qualify should still be able to pass the line and then see if they got through only to be belted off the grid at the end. Would add a bit more excitement to it imo.

I think the later rounds (3/4), if they're not team based, have a hidden timer, so if people are taking too long to get to the end, they will be eliminated anyway. If there's a timer, it should be displayed. And even those who don't qualify should still be able to pass the line and then see if they got through only to be belted off the grid at the end. Would add a bit more excitement to it imo.

Actually, I just remembered that slime climb has rising slime which auto-eliminates you. Only saw it once (and managed to avoid) but have gotten through quick enough that I haven't seen it again.

Actually, I just remembered that slime climb has rising slime which auto-eliminates you. Only saw it once (and managed to avoid) but have gotten through quick enough that I haven't seen it again.

I think there's 2 slime climb ones, one has the last part where there is a wide area with the bouncy things moving left and right while the slime comes down, staying far left/right allows you to avoid them, so that'll probably be patched, but I don't believe that level has rising slime.

It's the other one that starts with a straight and then into a zig zag kinda level, with moving platforms to push you back down. That has the rising slime, and is bastard hard in the middle of a crowd. Only finished it once, and I actually turned around near the end to wave at anyone else coming, and the second I passed the line the level ended so I think everyone else had died!

• Advertisement
Advertisement