Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Buriels 1800's

Options
  • 28-04-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have 2 children of a Dublin family whose buriels I would like to locate. They both died in the late 1800's. All of the rest of the family were buried in Glasnevin. Any pointers where I could look?. They lived in the Dublin 7 area.

Did St Michens have a grave yard?. All baptisms were at St Pauls, Arran Quay.

Have searched newspapers for obits, to no avail.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

from the mid 1800s onward very few burials took place in the city, most were in the outlying areas - e.g. Deans Grange, Glasnevin/Prospect, Mount Jerome etc..

For details of the city and county cemeteries see : http://dublinheritage.ie/graveyards/index.php

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gosling10

Thanks for that Shane. Have already searched Glasnevin Records. Will keep looking.

Advertisement