Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Neills of carlow/Fenagh/garryhill

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Prompted by the pet names post, I have a "Ness" for Esther O'Neill, née Ashmore, b 1735 married to John, b1729-1803, my fourth greatgranparents, sons; Morgan went to Australia,and Hugh to America, mine, Luke (who's son James , buried Quaker, Ballitore.) James, Catherin, John, George and William; unknown. Anyone any connection to this family and or comments on migration, my G grandfather was from wexford.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

For colonial immigration to the US (generally considered anything before the 1819 Immigration Act) there was no legal requirement to have a ship manifest/passenger list.

The best source to check is the mammoth Passenger and Immigrant List Index. Contains info on abt 5 million people from 17thC onwards.

Advertisement