Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday 17th

• 17-01-2021 11:15am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Envoi’s biggest test so far over fences. What we thinking?

Who wins? 14 votes

Envoi Allen
    35% 5 votes
    Asterion Forlonge
    50% 7 votes
    The field
    14% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

The Mig wrote:
    Envoi’s biggest test so far over fences. What we thinking?

He wins, he's a machine, hurdles fences, hopefully he puts on a show today!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Agree Fama. My oul lad has always said to me “Good horses can give weight away”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I think hell win because he is top drawer but I don't think hell get it too easy. AF only beaten late on I'd say. Sempo finishes 3rd before reverting back to hurdles and going for a pertemps qualifier. Come back next season Novice chasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Jumping is the name of the game, much rather be on the aeroplane that jumps rather than 'potential' of Asterion Forlonge(this coming from someone who fancied Asterion heavily in the supreme).
    Not been impressed whatsoever with Asterion over the larger obstacles, good engine thats about it for me....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I reckon about 3 fences in AF takes a hold and does one of his trademarks violent swings to the right before taking the 4th fence and crashes both him and Envoi Allen out of the race.

Sempo picks up the pieces and cruises home at 66/1.

Just saying.

EDIT

If that doesn't happen Envoi wins handy as he will take 3 lengths off AF at each fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I reckon about 3 fences in AF takes a hold and does one of his trademarks violent swings to the right before taking the 4th fence and crashes both him and Envoi Allen out of the race.

Sempo picks up the pieces and cruises home at 66/1.

Just saying.

EDIT

If that doesn't happen Envoi wins handy as he will take 3 lengths off AF at each fence.

looking at it kind of interested in sempo w/o airplane at 22/1 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Can't wait for this. Hope Envoi wins doing handstands. We need a wonder horse in our lives, especially right now.

aidankkk wrote: »
    looking at it kind of interested in sempo w/o airplane at 22/1 .

I fancy Sempo for the Irish National or some stayers handicap down the line. But he could well pick up the pieces here if he was hanging around the back faffing around looking for a decent handicap mark.

Very cynical I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I fancy Sempo for the Irish National or some stayers handicap down the line. But he could well pick up the pieces here if he was hanging around the back faffing around looking for a decent handicap mark.

Very cynical I know.

Sempo is a terrible jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This could be a stronger race than the Marsh.

• Advertisement

Kauto wrote: »
    Sempo is a terrible jumper

Ah give him a chance ffs, it is only his 3rd start over fences.

Some real experts around here.

According to Betfair there is nearly half a million matched on the race so far?

That is a lot of tenners.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/horse-racing/market/1.177999560

Over a million on now.

100,000 tenners.

1.2 million at the off

what a chunt of a thing

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Holey jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

That wasn't impressive tbh

Some machine.

They should run in the gold cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Look at that as a schooling session for EA. Don't over-analysis the race or you'll end up second guessing this superstar.

Real pity. Envoi still such a joy to watch.

• Advertisement

Loved the way he put it to bed after the last

I rang Willie there, he seemed disappointed.

He reckons the Queens Vase or maybe the Irish Ledger.

Some machine.

They should run in the gold cup.

Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

So disappointed in that, not EA performance just tought it would be a cracker of a race but falling that early disaster

Clown.

It's your fault for putting the mockers on Sempo.

He would have won handy otherwise.

Did not see that coming haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Was going to say Dreal deal was a non jigger about 1 minute and 20 seconds ago 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Was going to say Dreal deal was a non jigger about 1 minute and 20 seconds ago ��

Starting to look like it had a pound or two in hand when the first gamble was landed?
    :rolleyes:

Or maybe it was a stone or four!

Was going to say Dreal deal was a non jigger about 1 minute and 20 seconds ago 😂

I did ask myself if O'Regan really wanted to win that!

• Advertisement

I did ask myself if O'Regan really wanted to win that!

He was out for a spin and picked up the pieces. Wasnt wanted at all.

Say he wasn't 75% fit. Been in a field for most of the last few months.

He was out for a spin and picked up the pieces. Wasnt wanted at all.

Say he wasn't 75% fit. Been in a field for most of the last few months.

Yeah, proper horse so.
    I reckon he'll be a seriously good chaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Shades Are Trumps will land a big gamble this year.

Watch the ride on it in the last today. F*ckin rancid sick of the cheating that goes on

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Shades Are Trumps will land a big gamble this year.

Watch the ride on it in the last today. F*ckin rancid sick of the cheating that goes on

I just don't have a bet in handicaps anymore. There is no point unless you know what is trying. It is the silly season in full swing now, lots of bolloxing going on, you are far better not having a bet until it gets properly competitive again. Otherwise you end up wasting your stash on stupid bets that haven't a hope.

When a jockey is told not to place it becomes glaring - especially with a few fallers suddenly putting them in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I just don't have a bet in handicaps anymore. There is no point unless you know what is trying. It is the silly season in full swing now, lots of bolloxing going on, you are far better not having a bet until it gets properly competitive again. Otherwise you end up wasting your stash on stupid bets that haven't a hope.

When a jockey is told not to place it becomes glaring - especially with a few fallers suddenly putting them in contention.

Yeah that's for sure the last few months the constant cheating and non trying is ridiculous. I've stayed away from the handidaps as well

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Yeah that's for sure the last few months the constant cheating and non trying is ridiculous. I've stayed away from the handidaps as well

Don't be afraid of getting on a big handicap - with proper prizemoney - you will find that there is a few triers there.

And whatever you do steer well clear of Dundalk, biggest unholy racket I have seen for years. Ugly stuff week in week out. Far worse than those 6 furlong boat races they have on the Curragh, Naas and up in Navan all summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Don't be afraid of getting on a big handicap - with proper prizemoney - you will find that there is a few triers there.

And whatever you do steer well clear of Dundalk, biggest unholy racket I have seen for years. Ugly stuff week in week out. Far worse than those 6 furlong boat races they have on the Curragh, Naas and up in Navan all summer.

Trainer I know used to run quite a few horses up in Dundalk, he drank in my local you'd be guaranteed every two weeks he'd give a horse for the Friday night would win at 20/40-1 range and be never heard of again.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Trainer I know used to run quite a few horses up in Dundalk, he drank in my local you'd be guaranteed every two weeks he'd give a horse for the Friday night would win at 20/40-1 range and be never heard of again.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not in to horse racing, just the comment reminded me of it, take it what way you want got quite a few nights drinking from it nothing else after that couldn't really care what you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

wah wah wah cant back a winner the game is rigged haha

I've been waiting on The Great White to go back up in trip and today is the day. I'm certain this fella has a decent prize in him, and while today may not be the day, I'm happy to take the 8s in an open race .

• Advertisement

Today was not the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Today was not the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Backed it myself last few times. Stable out of form and he is a soft yoke to go with it.

Advertisement