Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Saver Account Bonus

Options
  • 15-10-2018 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

My partner has a mortgage saver account with BOI and meets all the criteria for the bonus. We have recently opened a joint account with BOI and intend to make the repayments from this account unless the repayments have to be made from the saver account to get the bonus?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks BubbaM for getting in touch with your query.

Yes, the payments can be taken by direct debit from the joint account to fund the Mortgage Saver Account.

Just to mention, payments can only be taken from one account at anytime.

Hope the information helps, 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Thanks BubbaM for getting in touch with your query.

Yes, the payments can be taken by direct debit from the joint account to fund the Mortgage Saver Account.

Just to mention, payments can only be taken from one account at anytime.

Hope the information helps, 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Thanks for the reply, Alison.

I don't think I worded that well. What I mean is that we will be drawing down the mortgage in the next two weeks and intend to pay it from our joint account. I presume you don't have to make mortgage repayments from the mortgage saver account where the bonus was earned to actually receive the bonus?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks for coming back to us BubbaM.

The mortgage repayments will taken separately from a current account and not a Mortgage Saver account.

Hope I'm understanding your question, if you need to check further please feel free to get back to us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement