Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will this PC nonsense end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Esel wrote: »
    Did you just say chest?

And An!
    Jaysus Joe I'm offended

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Magnatu wrote: »
    Fairy cakes were renamed as the americanised cup cakes because they were felt to be offensive.

This is of course a lie which maybe meant as a joke but the problem is some people will actually believe it. Like some people still believe the EU banned bent bananas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

never!
    #pcmasterrace

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

bluewolf wrote: »
    never!
    #pcmasterrace

b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    This is of course a lie which maybe meant as a joke but the problem is some people will actually believe it. Like some people still believe the EU banned bent bananas.

Yes you're right it's a lie. Fairy cakes are the smaller buns with the top cut off and then cut in two with each piece being laid on top of the original bun to look like fairy wings.Cups are just bigger buns like the size of a cup. I fell for that one last night till I checked up on it.But it is hard to know what to believe in light of the fact that we know have womxn bull and ginger bread persons so it seems that anything is literally possible.Jazz hands is another one instead of clapping.Have these people nothing better to do with their time.Lah lah world alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It will end, when all the un-PC discrimination, prejudice, and offence are no more.
    The he/she Santa debate this year is very hot, but it is the first time it has reach widespread discussion, with many parents unsure how to gender-describe Santa to their children. The role of Mrs.Santa become very difficult indeed, with many schools not mentioning her at all for fear of going against the wishes of the parent of one of the children.

The BBC exploring the topic here, but even among children as young as 5, the topic is no longer one of little doubts or whisper of Santa not existing, but by how many gender-identity letters should they refer to the red-suited-one, without offending class mates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/2654ab3e-0699-48bd-994e-f5ffbb9b6ad3

Its just another small step, but one in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Why doesn't the baker attach gingerbread penises to the gingerbread men? Wouldn't that settle the case?

Paying for something in my local supermarket this evening and guess what there was the gingerbread man for sale on the counter couldn't help laughing.Double checked the name on the box and yes he is still the gingerbread man, safe for now:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Blaizes wrote: »
    Paying for something in my local supermarket this evening and guess what there was the gingerbread man for sale on the counter couldn't help laughing.Double checked the name on the box and yes he is still the gingerbread man, safe for now:D

Well at least he's safe and sound, I'm worried about Jack and the beanstalk, The seven dwarfs and I hear Big ears from Noddy could be next for the axe, and this time the Queen of hearts is going to lop off their head's.

She's a femminist, ironically she's all heart.

Mean while billy goats gruff is safe enough, although the Troll always reminded me of the local cow, or bulldyke...

feargale wrote: »
    Why doesn't the baker attach gingerbread penises to the gingerbread men? Wouldn't that settle the case?

Then they'ed have a serious case on their hand's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Context is everything & the PC bragade don't get it at all. I wouldn't dream of calling someone a ******. I wouldn't even think it inside my head. But the word fits perfectly & belongs in Fairytale of new York. I think Shane McGowan explains it very well. Baby it's cold outside is the same. People want to hear a date rape song but it was written by a chap as a party piece for him and his wife. A routine they did at parties back in the day when we provided our own entertainment. Putting it in context it's actually quite an innocent song.

I'm not sure where to start with the poor old gingerbread man. Who is it actually offending? Gingerbread man isn't real so we're not hurting his feelings. Having a gingerbread man doesn't degrade women or men. Women are no worse off with or without a gingerbread man. It doesn't teach children that men are better or worse than women. I'm actually all for a little political correctness. I like people to be polite and have manners but I would hold my tongue till we had genuine issue to complain about.

I think they should release an album with all of politically incorrect songs and give free gingerbread men with the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Are they going to have to change the classic story book now too?

"Run run as fast as you can! You can't catch me I'm the - gender neutral ginger flavoured biscuity type thing!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

One business has decided to do it and of course a tabloid rag print it to rile people up. People have **** all to get worked up over.

nthclare wrote: »
    Then they'ed have a serious case on their hand's....

It could be a case of mistake identity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Surely the whole concept of body appropriation for confectionary products is just promoting symbolic cannibalism! Fecking disgusting imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭jaykay74

People get riled up over anything these days :D I suppose the mail get a few clicks so they're happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

gozunda wrote:
    Surely the whole concept of body appropriation for confectionary products is just promoting symbolic cannibalism! Fecking disgusting imo...

Ah stop! They'll ban jelly babies next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

One business has decided to do it and of course a tabloid rag print it to rile people up. People have **** all to get worked up over.

? This story is about the Scottish Parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Ah stop! They'll ban jelly babies next

Bloody right. Sweets promoting violence against babies! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The Daily Mail picks the tune and then watches the monkeys dance.

• Advertisement

Blaizes wrote: »
    It could be a case of mistake identity :D

I identify with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The Daily Mail picks the tune and then watches the monkeys dance.

Literally this actually happened in the actual Scottish Parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is it postman or post people these days?

nthclare wrote: »
    Well at least he's safe and sound, I'm worried about Jack and the beanstalk, The seven dwarfs and I hear Big ears from Noddy could be next for the axe, and this time the Queen of hearts is going to lop off their head's.

She's a femminist, ironically she's all heart.

Mean while billy goats gruff is safe enough, although the Troll always reminded me of the local cow, or bulldyke...

Well when I worked in England the kids asked me why they couldn't sing baa baa black sheep anymore as it was offensive to use the word black. I was really shocked as had never heard this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is it postman or post people these days?

Post people. Postman (dare I say the word) is so incorrect and highly offensiverolleyes.png

Was mentioning something here on boards a few years back about my mother being wheelchair dependant - was told by another poster in no uncertain terms that to say wheelchair dependant was incorrect and offensive and I should say wheelchair user. The only reason I did use wheelchair dependant is because that's what my mother herself says. It was around then I lost hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Literally this actually happened in the actual Scottish Parliament.

A coffee shop within it. Did every party in the Parliament get together to pass a motion on this? Make it national policy? Is every shop in Scotland now forced to change the name of this gingery man? (For what it is worth I think the whole thing is a load of nonsense but nothing to get upset over)

A coffee shop within it. Did every party in the Parliament get together to pass a motion on this? Make it national policy?

The Gingerbread Persons Act :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

dense wrote: »
    Fishermen will be the next word causing hurt.

'Fisherpersons Friend'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The poor old Daily Mail really has been struggling to fill the utterly stupid outrage meter, post Brexit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

What about the Ginger nuts

Advertisement