Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work crush and Christmas party.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Noveight wrote: »
    I truly hope you're being sarcastic.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Start a punch up , she'll definitely be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

We have our Christmas party tomorrow evening and am wondering should I try and turn things a little flirtier than things have been or make any moves?

I'll be back on Saturday morning at 7am for an update btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ask her to shift your ugly friend.
    When she hopefully says no ask will she shift you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ara, it's the Christmas season. Plenty of people are just looking to head out and have a heap of pints, before hooking up with someone for a good ride. No need to be overthinking these sort of situations. I know you don't drink, but that doesn't mean you can't get into the randy Christmas spirit. Make sure you give the old twig and berries a bit of a trim before you head out just in case you do get lucky.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Dammo

You’re 24 and talking about your “crush”?

Have a pint and chat to the other lads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Seriously?
    Why do these threads always come up, more so in PI.
    Get on with it.
    Your gone soon, ask her, what have you got to loose, it will probably bug you for months after.

Then when you’re stalking her Facebook in a few years time and you see she is married with kids it will only get worse and you will be thinking if only.....
    As her, you will either get a yes or a no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I didn't mean that i was looking for anything too forward tomorrow evening.
    ATM we're just chatting and having a laugh but can't say anything has been overly flirty.

This will be the first social situation that we are out together. Do I try and act a little more flirty etc or ask her to dance etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I didn't mean that i was looking for anything too forward tomorrow evening.
    ATM we're just chatting and having a laugh but can't say anything has been overly flirty.

This will be the first social situation that we are out together. Do I try and act a little more flirty etc or ask her to dance etc etc.
    OP a work night out is not a normal social situation, in my experience they are mostly awkward affairs. Bide ur time, I certainly wouldn't make any moves, ur nervous as it, relax & enjoy ur evening. Friend her on FB & go from there, when u are in a different school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Sure ask her out for a dance and once she sees your moves you'll be in like Flynn then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wait until Don't Stop Believin' by Journey comes on. It's a real dance floor filler. Then break out your best moves and shuffle over towards her during the guitar solo part.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Drop both hands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ara, it's the Christmas season. Plenty of people are just looking to head out and have a heap of pints, before hooking up with someone for a good ride. No need to be overthinking these sort of situations. I know you don't drink, but that doesn't mean you can't get into the randy Christmas spirit. Make sure you give the old twig and berries a bit of a trim before you head out just in case you do get lucky.

Best of luck.

Johnnys got you covered 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I say go for it.

OP, I will apologise in advance if I've gotten this completely wrong, but have you created many threads in PI and other places related to meeting women?

If so then you need to take a step back from the preoccupation you have. You are young with all of life and its experiences ahead of you. Constantly searching for "what to do" on an internet forum really isn't healthy. Learn to trust your own intuition and decisions.

If you like the girl then ask her out. It really is as simple as that. If she declines then you move on knowing that you tried. Don't internalise her response as a reflection on you. We can't win them all :)

Chat them all up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

OP, in this sociopolitical climate you may want to bring a solicitor along with you and have some sort of a consent form ready to be consigned and witnessed by aforementioned solicitor.

Glazers Out!

Just bring papers declare your intentions and get her to sign....

Win win....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Don’t go to the party with a loaded gun.
    https://youtu.be/9p3j294sqM8‬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Somebody once made a blunt and insightful statement to me, I’m paraphrasing a little: “what is asking out? Either you shift her or you don’t. If your not at a level where she would shift you, what would you be doing asking her on a date?” I think in an Irish context that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Ask for a w*nk in the disabled toilets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

OP, I will apologise in advance if I've gotten this completely wrong, but have you created many threads in PI and other places related to meeting women?

If so then you need to take a step back from the preoccupation you have. You are young with all of life and its experiences ahead of you. Constantly searching for "what to do" on an internet forum really isn't healthy. Learn to trust your own intuition and decisions.

If you like the girl then ask her out. It really is as simple as that. If she declines then you move on knowing that you tried. Don't internalise her response as a reflection on you. We can't win them all :)

As Persepoly said.

On the other, if you genuinely want a relationship with her-just be more flirty. Be the 'make plans' kinda guy-even if it's 'I won't know anyone at the new job-you wanna meet up for drinks or a meal while I pick your brain for advice'.

Build a relationship over time, don't just treat her like something throwaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One cannot trust a sober person

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lob the gob off her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Tell her.
    you need some help with your Tuiseal Ginedach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Fancying a work colleague? You are contributing to rape culture. For shame.

Just to clarify my post, I'm not implying the OP is only interested in chasing a bunch of different women. I do believe he is looking for love. My point is that he may be consumed by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

professore wrote: »
    Fancying a work colleague? You are contributing to rape culture. For shame.
    The way it's going it's hardly worth the effort anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Make sure you get consent!

Advertisement