Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Oh would you just walk your f*cking legs please'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Recently a woman in Spain who was on her phone literally walked off the side of the platform and narrowly escaped being killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Graces7 wrote: »
    Recently a woman in Spain who was on her phone literally walked off the side of the platform and narrowly escaped being killed.

I pushed her for walking too slowly. Glad to hear she's alright but let this be a lesson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Ye i also notice that a lot of foreigners pay no creed to the fact that generally a car has right of way on a road, not the fcuking pedestrian. Then they stare at you like you are in the wrong, fcukwits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's generally infinitely less edifying to watch somebody with all the intolerance and impatience of youthful masculinity for the old and infirm, than it is to be stuck behind the latter people in crowds.

People grow up and usually get to their mid-30s or mid-40s and become increasingly aware of their own mortality, their own declining speed and fitness and become more tolerant and even accepting of people who don't have the seemingly immortal vigour of youth. The same people are also probably wise enough to know they are frustrated by slower people and try to avoid being in such crowds - by doing online shopping, going to actual shops at quiet times, etc. Simple little pieces of self-knowledge to stop oneself imploding and to get through this short life and its many challenges as peacefully and happily as possible.

Please embrace maturity and wisdom, OP.

Excellent post, I couldn't have put it better myself.

53 yr old man here.

I'm also athletic, I'm very fit and strong but I'm also a slow walker and the older I get the slower and less hurried I become.

Very good post

***An edit to that..

This includes my driving and riding my motorbike and I've even gotten ride of a very good road bike in favor of a hybrid commuter with rack and bags.

My motorbike is a BMW R1200GS, a monster of a thing which I've been wondering about replacing with a scooter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Old people and children should be banned from town during the christmas shopping season.

You’d hate me. Mid-30s, don’t look sick. But I have shit for bones in the pelvic and spinal areas and have no choice but to take it easy.
    What really really really pisses me off is when fat lazy kunts stand in the walking lane of an escalator ...

That’s not really a thing in Ireland though, is it? Having different lanes on escalators?

• Advertisement

Myself and a few others will be beating up Christmas shoppers on Henry St tomorrow if anybody would like to join in.

We're specifically targeting those who are barely moving. If you're walking normally or even at a brisk pace, you need not be alarmed. Women and children are not excluded I'm afraid. We meet at 9am. All welcome. Drinks in Grand Central after.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Imagine being such a horrible human being as to take your time walking around the city, thus delaying the OP from his important life or death situation!

Imagine being such a horrible human being as to take your time walking around the city, thus delaying the OP from his important life or death situation!

I pity them really, going through life without an ounce of consideration for others. These people were dragged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

As has been said, before, it's lack of spacial awareness (as with a lot of drivers). Unfortunately, it's a sense some people just seem to be born without.

Dangerous things like blocking the tops or bottoms of escalators really annoy me though - seems some people also lack any ability to think logically.

As a child in London I went to a big exhibition (at Oympia I think), and closing time was marked by the National Anthem (as usual then). It started at peak down-escalator time, and unfortunately the habit of standing still for it overrode the logic of walking away at the bottom; result, chaos. (I just waited at the top till it cleared). To me it was the most entertaining thing in the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I will tell you what's worse, a group of people standing on the footpath and blocking the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Heading shopping to get some last bits tomorrow and I’m already livid from reading these comments. If anyone gets in my way god love them. Fed up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Heading shopping to get some last bits tomorrow and I’m already livid from reading these comments. If anyone gets in my way god love them. Fed up now

I hope I get in your way :cool:

Went into Grafton Street area earlier to enjoy the atmosphere, do a spot of shopping, meander about with a friend... It was jammers, but I was in stitches watching the pushing shoving meltdown approacheth OP types who couldn't deal with the fact that the world and rest of its inhabitants weren't behaving as they expected them to...

Then I stopped randomly in the middle of the street to send some texts and block doorways etc :p
    And was happy that 99% of the population do know how to enjoy and plan their lives on top of regulating their behaviour and moods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

You will be walking that slow one day while a youngin will be posting on a forum how annoying you were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Charming. Happy Christmas.

You won’t know why people are walking slowly. Some will be dilly dallying, but some have good reason to be walking slow. Including some younger folks.

But sure, you’re just being a keyboard warrior anyway.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Myself and a few others will be beating up Christmas shoppers on Henry St tomorrow if anybody would like to join in.

We're specifically targeting those who are barely moving. If you're walking normally or even at a brisk pace, you need not be alarmed. Women and children are not excluded I'm afraid. We meet at 9am. All welcome. Drinks in Grand Central after.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.

To the Boardsie who brought the putter: You CAN'T use it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

You won’t know why people are walking slowly. Some will be dilly dallying, but some have good reason to be walking slow. Including some younger folks.

No ODB, I'll disagree with you for once, with respect to this sentiment. There is little worse than being in a shop or somewhere and getting stuck behind a couple of people who are just sauntering along, taking up the whole aisle without any regard for other people around them. Old people and infirm people are exempt (and usually obvious), but anyone else who does this is an absolute bell end.

They don't have to hurry up. They just need to get out of the f#cking way.

It’s called a bit of banter jeeeeez..... yawn

I hope I get in your way :cool:
    Loooooooolz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's the people, women mostly, that decide to stop in a shop doorway or narrow corridor for a good old natter with someone they've bumped into, that annoy me the most.

Stand over to the side you ignorant fcukwits and stop inconveniencing everyone else, you self-centered idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Lads try driving a taxi this time of year .
    The same ones that are walking slowly getting in the way are the same women that aren't ready when you call to pick them up .
    They are head wreckers .
    Never ready / can't make up their minds where they want to go.
    Why can't most women make a decision ???.
    It's the same in the shops ... 30 minutes to decide .
    A man would have his Xmas shopping done before they get one item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I must've had this thought about, hmm, 750 times in Town earlier. Slow c*nts.

I don't mean mentally slow - some might've been because it was Henry St - but slow physically. They walked like they had sh*t their pants - and some might've, because it was Henry St.

They walked like they were walking to their execution. They walked like how you walk in Musical Chairs when there's only two of you left. They walked like people who had no real idea where they were walking to.

They walked with very little regard for the walkers behind them, the people like me, who did know where they were going and wanted to get there before the 24th.

Inconsiderate clowns.

Was heading out for Xmas drinks on Friday. Headed up Grafton Street. A lot of people were the same there, but I was only going for drinks and I hadn't been up Grafton St for a while. But the ones that really really pi55ed me off are the absolute clowns that are walking along on one of the busiest streets in Ireland, jammed with people, who suddenly stop, for no fcuking reason!! Generally to take a selfie or some other nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I found this annoying when I did a 10 k race. I started in the back half of the crowd in consideration for the faster runners. Then I spent the first ten minutes weaving through walkers who decided to ignore instructions start at the front.

Getting annoyed at people walking down the street is a bit much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

I must've had this thought about, hmm, 750 times in Town earlier. Slow c*nts.

I don't mean mentally slow - some might've been because it was Henry St - but slow physically. They walked like they had sh*t their pants - and some might've, because it was Henry St.

They walked like they were walking to their execution. They walked like how you walk in Musical Chairs when there's only two of you left. They walked like people who had no real idea where they were walking to.

They walked with very little regard for the walkers behind them, the people like me, who did know where they were going and wanted to get there before the 24th.

Inconsiderate clowns.
    Some people plan their Christmas shopping and are not in a mad rush at the last minute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What are your eyes for?
    Do you walk so far up the backside of the person in front that you cannot change direction if you see them slow/stop?

Hope to see you there.

Cheers.

Lunch at Sbarro in the Ilac lads. See you in a few. Best to enter at the Parnell St entrance for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

What is with ye slow walk sympathisers. One would think that ye are guilty of being one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Walking through local shopping centre the other day and it was like dodgems. Lots of em just walking straight out of a store without looking where they are going, staring down at mobile phone. Mostly teens. Had to do numerous course corrections to avoid being hit till someone finally walked backwards out of easons mobile in hand and banged into me. Well really they bounced off me. The good news is they dropped their phone and reckon screen was a goner. Twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Dear O. P,
    Don't take anything for granted.
    I used to be quick - proper race fit and won my share and did a very decent Dublin marathon time.

Woke up one morning with serious spinal cord injuries. Now my cousin who smoked and drank all his life and is grossly overweight is quicker than I am. Good job I never pissed any slow people off :)

• Advertisement

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Dear O. P,
    Don't take anything for granted.
    I used to be quick - proper race fit and won my share and did a very decent Dublin marathon time.

Woke up one morning with serious spinal cord injuries.

Someone knee'd you in the back for walking too slow is my guess.

I'm joking of course, I genuinely hope you're on the mend. Happy Christmas sir.

Advertisement