Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Played a few rounds, thought it was a spectacular backwards step from Modern Warfare. No way I'll be buying it to replace that game.

Clunky as hell for a COD game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In the interest of fairness, I gave the beta a go. It was far better than the alpha, but as said above it won't be a day 1 like every previous CoD. My only worry is leaving any online game for any period of time and you're automatically at a disadvantage because of it.

But, the game didn't do anything new. It's shiney and good looking, but feels old. Most likely will pick it up on the PS5 should I be lucky enough to have one, and then only to have a shooter to play on it, I see BF1 is on the PS5 Plus Collection, but another thread is telling me it's full of hackers/cheaters...

Oh, and I immediately turned off cross play. Never liked it. Never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I enjoyed it more then Black Ops 4. I got to the max level on Sunday and put it down. I hope they go back to standard prestiging. TTK was fine weapons were ok, maps aren't great. It's not as polished as Modern Warfare but will play it for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Do you get a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you buy the disc version of this for PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

mutley18 wrote: »
    Do you get a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you buy the disc version of this for PS4?

think it will just be the ps4 version on a ps5 as they are charging extra for a cross gen version

I feel like this is gonna be one of the lowest uptakes of a new COD title surely.

Obviously it will still sell fine, but Modern Warfare is just still so strong, and with Warzone based on IW's engine, I can't see Black Ops doing anything like the business MW did or even most other new COD titles.

Personally if MW was just an "OK" typical yearly update, I'd be happy to move on, but it's been the clear best COD in years and I feel like there's a ton of longevity left in MW, through both the game and Warzone.

File Size (at launch)*

In order to pre-load Black Ops Cold War, you must have the following free drive space on your platform:

PlayStation 4: 95GB

PlayStation 5: 133GB

Xbox One: 93GB

Xbox Series X|S: 136GB

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1324049638354153472?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is available for download.
    If you're on PS it should be ready by release date. :pac:

• Advertisement

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War accused of becoming a "Play on PlayStation to win game" after latest Sony exclusives revealed

Yesterday it emerged that PlayStation 4 and 5 players of Treyarch and Raven's first-person shooter Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War get two extra create a class slots, extra tier skips, extra weapon XP and exclusive double XP events.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta release times, dates and beta access explained
    Read more
    The Battle Pass Bundle Bonus, as it's called, gives PlayStation players who buy the $20 Battle Pass Bundle an additional five tier skips - that makes for a total of 25 tier skips.

More egregious, however, is the PlayStation Party Bonus. Here, PlayStation players who play together in parties receive +25 per cent bonus weapon XP. (This bonus still counts when playing with cross-platform teammates.)

Then there's a Double XP Bonus for PlayStation players. This involves exclusive Monthly Double XP events that last for 24 hours.

And finally, PlayStation gamers get extra loadouts. PlayStation players get an additional two loadout slots, ready for customisation. This is accessible when Create-A-Class unlocks upon reaching level four.

All this is in addition to a 12-month exclusive on the two-player co-op Zombies Onslaught mode.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-07-call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-accused-of-becoming-a-play-on-playstation-to-win-game-after-latest-sony-exclusives-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Sorry if this is already asked but is there any online sellers that will deliver on the day of release? Or, is it better to buy from the PSN store? Cheers!

Das89 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is already asked but is there any online sellers that will deliver on the day of release? Or, is it better to buy from the PSN store? Cheers!
    If your a cod fan id be ordering it on PSN and it will download now ready to go for midnight on release day. I think ordering online hoping it will arrive on the day of release you might be disappointed

If you buy the physical version for say the xbox does this work on series x?

I've been reading some rumours you would have to pay even more money once you put it into the console

If you buy the physical version for say the xbox does this work on series x?

I've been reading some rumours you would have to pay even more money once you put it into the console

There is two versions and there have been complaints both boxes look the same €10 the difference. On PS4 the digital edition think it worked out €5 to buy the version that worked on both

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Has any one else had the issue on the PSN store where when you click the cross gen bundle, it brings it up but with a link to game page which just brings you to the standard edition?

I can't seem to order the cross gen bundle for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can see both from the laptop if I log into the store. €74.99 for cross gen and €5 less for the standard edition

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can see both from the laptop if I log into the store. €74.99 for cross gen and €5 less for the standard edition

Yeah its strange, i can see both, but when i go to click it on the PSN store on the PS, it doesnt give me the option to buy. It does for the standard and the ultimate one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

When’s the review embargo up ? Can’t find anything online about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

People streaming it since this afternoon, it's out in Aus/NZ

• Advertisement

There is a 1.5GB update to download, ver. 1.04.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really liking the TTK, 10x better than MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Hi Folks,
    Been out of the game for a few years and thinking of giving BlackOps Coldwar a go.
    I notice there doesn't seem to be as much talk about the new release as I would have seen in the previous years.
    Wondering could Modern Warfare 2019 be a better investment ?

First opening day COD I've bought in I don't know how long.

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Been out of the game for a few years and thinking of giving BlackOps Coldwar a go.
    I notice there doesn't seem to be as much talk about the new release as I would have seen in the previous years.
    Wondering could Modern Warfare 2019 be a better investment ?

I think because Modern Warfare is so phenomenally popular, an amazing game, and still has tons of life in it....combined with a lukewarm beta for Black Ops that a lot of people didn't like. Personally I thought it was an appalling beta, felt like a game from 2014.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Homelander wrote: »
    I think because Modern Warfare is so phenomenally popular, an amazing game, and still has tons of life in it....combined with a lukewarm beta for Black Ops that a lot of people didn't like. Personally I thought it was an appalling beta, felt like a game from 2014.

I can say for certainty the game i played today is nothing like the beta.
    As i said above the TTK is so much better than MW for my taste.
    I got bored of MW rapidly, with this improved TTK im pretty sure ill be playing it more.
    It has to be said TTK in MW is really an issue on PC where mouse and KB offer much faster and more precise aim thus leading to literally instantaneous kill/death depending on who saw who first.
    Just to note Warzone has a much longer TTK so im really only speaking about multiplayer.
    Playing MW on my young lads console the TTK was not really an issue.

Cold war is great value to be fair, campaign,warzone,multiplayer and zombies which apparently is going down a storm with the community on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

does Black Ops automaticlly update to the xbox xs version ?

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    does Black Ops automaticlly update to the xbox xs version ?

No, you have to pay for the upgrade.

On PS it's €70 for PS4 version and €75 for PS4 and PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, you have to pay for the upgrade.

On PS it's €70 for PS4 version and €75 for PS4 and PS5.

thats grand, I paid for the upgrade, so would the new xbox have downloaded the xs version ?

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    thats grand, I paid for the upgrade, so would the new xbox have downloaded the xs version ?

It should do, I've no idea on the xbox store, but if you bought the upgrade then you should get it.

Advertisement