Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone find is funny going from MW maps with doors to BO with no doors.

First few games were gas, it messes with your head.

Yes found myself running up to doors and hitting square trying to open them like on the Moscow map especially :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

dr disrespect abusing SBMM right now , so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I find some of these YouTubers overly critical of the game, he was on moaning about MW as well a few days back and I'm tired of hearing them all complain about SBMM, I played about two hours of this yesterday and found it to be fine certainly better then Black Ops 4. It does feel a bit like MW but then again I like MW. These YouTubers are living in the past thinking there are loads of Noobs playing when in fact most players will watch youtube to get best loadouts guns and tactics to improve at the game.

I just downloaded it there and tbh first 2 games were really hard to play. Felt really bad for lag.

I’m on a PS4 wired connection. If I run a Speedtest from the same connection as the PS4 on my laptop I’m getting ping <4ms and >500/200 down/up so it’s not my connection. Nat is open etc.

Anyone else find the movement really choppy or something. I find it hard to describe but it messes with my eyes nearly like I feel sea sick. Weird I know.

heroics wrote: »
    I just downloaded it there and tbh first 2 games were really hard to play. Felt really bad for lag.

I’m on a PS4 wired connection. If I run a Speedtest from the same connection as the PS4 on my laptop I’m getting ping <4ms and >500/200 down/up so it’s not my connection. Nat is open etc.

Anyone else find the movement really choppy or something. I find it hard to describe but it messes with my eyes nearly like I feel sea sick. Weird I know.

Actually it was only combined arms. Normal modes played much better

heroics wrote: »
    Actually it was only combined arms. Normal modes played much better

Yeah I avoided that mode seems to get very laggy stick with the 6v6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Cancelled my pre order for this, I thought the alpha was **** but the beta hasn’t improved anything at all. It just feels **** to play and I don’t understand these you tubers fawning over it - it’s patethic on every level compared to MW. I’d only buy it at this point for the campaign and that’s a stretch if it wasn’t around 30quid which it won’t drop to- this is another Ghosts in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

youtubers always wax lyrical about the next COD, every, damn, time.Even if they're not being paid it is financially in their interest to get as many people to buy it so they'll watch them, stream

I find if I can hold out for the first two weeks I can resist. I think with Warzone coming to this though, I'm doomed.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    youtubers always wax lyrical about the next COD, every, damn, time.Even if they're not being paid it is financially in their interest to get as many people to buy it so they'll watch them, stream

I find if I can hold out for the first two weeks I can resist. I think with Warzone coming to this though, I'm doomed.

I don’t feel the same, if MW has more seasons coming then I’m not going anywhere especially not to a cheap imitation of it. The only reason I would purchase CW as of now is the campaign and they are about 10 years too late for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The beta is grating me a bit now. Its playing better than the alpha.... but

UAV spam.
    Quick scoping spam.
    Grenade spam.
    Controls dont feel great.
    The game engine isn't as good as Modern warfare.

At this stage I just hope the campaign is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Will just wait for the new Modern Warfare in 2021.Dont really enjoy small scale multiplayer anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I still have the last beta downloaded on my console Can I just leave this here and play when it’s open again or do I have to delete and download it again?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I still have the last beta downloaded on my console Can I just leave this here and play when it’s open again or do I have to delete and download it again?

If you have it on PS4 should still work this weekend. Probably be a small update to enable it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

there's actually an update for it now

there's actually an update for it now

Yes it's only 761.3MB in size on PS4

Why can’t they let us pick a mode!! Maps play much better in Dom and hard point than tdm

I wonder if they tweaked something with the SBMM for this weekend? Played for 90 minutes earlier and did pretty well in each match but it was a good challenge mixed with some easy kills. If I performed the same in modern warfare I’d be getting stomped for a few games after :D

I wonder if they tweaked something with the SBMM for this weekend? Played for 90 minutes earlier and did pretty well in each match but it was a good challenge mixed with some easy kills. If I performed the same in modern warfare I’d be getting stomped for a few games after :D

Wish I was finding it the same tbh. Unless I’m using the mp5 which I’ve levelled up I’m getting sh1t on in every gunfight. Tried to make classes with the other weapons and just seem to be getting outgunned every time. Some games just feel really laggy and then you get a game where it’s like your connection is godlike!!

Actually played for 90mins now and I’m so p1ssed off I had to turn it off. MW never irritated me that much. Every game is an absolute sweat fest. Can’t get streaks. My team always seems to be made up of Timmy no thumbs playing with his feet or something because as bad as I’m doing I still finish top 2 of my team but as a team we are getting murdered. Absolutely no fun at all

hadn't played COD for a few years up until MW2019 so hadn't been paying a lot of attention.
    Blops CW is getting a lot of hate online, the negativity is everywhere. I think this is just part of COD. Wasn't the Ghosts trailer the most disliked youtube video at one time? There's generally a feelgood factor bump following launch but there's a lot working against this one at the moment
    - sbmm (which I'm for)
    - lag
    - looks
    - animations

It just seems rushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

gimli2112 wrote: »
    hadn't played COD for a few years up until MW2019 so hadn't been paying a lot of attention.
    Blops CW is getting a lot of hate online, the negativity is everywhere. I think this is just part of COD. Wasn't the Ghosts trailer the most disliked youtube video at one time? There's generally a feelgood factor bump following launch but there's a lot working against this one at the moment
    - sbmm (which I'm for)
    - lag
    - looks
    - animations

It just seems rushed

i think the lag is because its a beta tehy test it out on other servers and not the main ones they will use for the game

SBMM is just youtubers crying that they cant "pub stomp" to look good in their videos :pac:

i think the game looks great and plays quite well myself,

I hated the Alpha, hated the beta last week but gave it a fair shot last night and...it's not bad. Can't say I'll be rushing out to buy it on release day but might give it a look when the price drops at some stage. It feels clunky compared to MW and I'm getting caught trying to mount or burst through doors that don't open :D Saying that the SBMM has me intrigued - it was definitely not there for me last night and I got some ridiculous games in Miami/Moscow with 9.0 KD, 12-27 kills etc which didn't affect the subsequent games (there was a mix of clear first time players staring at walls, and obviously seasoned vets bunny hopping through windows and killing me). I'll probably log in later now and get melted for an hour straight for saying that but something definitely felt different about it compared to the likes of MW where 1 good game will **** your night up.

• Advertisement

Anyone else on PS4 getting the controller glitch

Pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hows the Beta compared to the Alpha?

Alpha completely turned me off the game, guns were too cartoony for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I am right in that you can’t download the beta until tomorrow if you didn’t pre order and are playing on Xbox?

Really like that Dirty Bomb mode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got a beta code from one of the drops streams for PC, game is okay but i wont be buying.
    I had high hopes when i heard TTK is slower which it is but so many other things i really dont like.
    If MW had this TTK it would be golden.

https://twitter.com/Tempid_/status/1317142220575682561?s=19

Christ how sad do you have to be to cheat at a video game

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I'm convinced the Dirty Bomb game mode is a glimpse into a new Warzone map for Cold War,reminds me a lot of Blackout too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Played a bit of the Beta last night. Went back to WZ instead.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

didn't even download it
    unlocked the new shottie on MW instead and got creamed doing it

• Advertisement

Anybody else having issues sprinting? I either have to hold the button down or press it in a few times to keep sprinting

Advertisement