Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Carrigaline

Options
  • 15-01-2020 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am an Indian living in Limerick and am planning a move Cork right now and am looking for some answers if anyone could help.

1. How is Carrigaline? Is it a safe place to live in? Especially near the Carrigaline Church Roundabout?
    2. Commute from Carrigaline to Cork City Center - is it doable daily using a bus/car?
    3. I will appreciate any feedback about St John GNS in Carrigaline.

Thanks,
    Abhijeet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

1. How is Carrigaline? Is it a safe place to live in? Especially near the Carrigaline Church Roundabout?

Yes very safe

2. Commute from Carrigaline to Cork City Center - is it doable daily using a bus/car?

20 - 25 drive

Bus runs every 24 hrs

good school

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

20 - 25 drive
    Not during rush hour! (which is likely what the OP is asking)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Yes very safe

20 - 25 drive

Bus runs every 24 hrs

good school
    Just to clarify on this, the bus runs 24 hours a day, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ollie111

Regarding St. Johns GNS, this is the local national school. From September it is amalgamating with Scoil Mhuire Lourdes ( boys national school) and will be mixed Juniors to 3rd class. There will be a new building down the line but for the short term it will be split over 4 sites!
    It's a good school, my 2 girls went there. They got a new principal last year who is making good improvements.
    They have an open night Thursday jan 20th at 7pm in the junior building next to the church opposite the hotel.

Advertisement