Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Caught GotG 2 today finally. The family theme was handled great, who would have thought GotG would end up being the heart of the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've seen it said it could be Beast who it now seems can appear in both franchises like the twins.

I would happily see Kelsey Grammer in the role again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've seen it said it could be Beast who it now seems can appear in both franchises like the twins.

Namor is also being linked as his film rights have just recently reverted back to Marvel from Universal.

It makes a lot of sense for beast. He was an Avenger for many years, part of an amusing bromance/ double act with Wonder Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Beast was actually the first X-Men to become an Avenger

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Has to be wasp she hasn't been seen yet in MCU but has been alluded to in Ant-man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Has to be wasp she hasn't been seen yet in MCU but has been alluded to in Ant-man.

Good shout.... and with SW probably leaving the team soon too (how long will Scarlet Johansen continue to play that role) another female Avenger will be needed to keep the gender balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bacchus wrote: »
    Good shout.... and with SW probably leaving the team soon too (how long will Scarlet Johansen continue to play that role) another female Avenger will be needed to keep the gender balance :)

Wasp will be seen before Infinity War in the next Antman film.

That Black Panther trailer feels very different. Colour me intrigued!

• Advertisement

At 01:25, that seriously looks like Storm. Is there Wakandan style loophole that allows Marvel to use her the same way both studios are able to use Quicksilver and SW?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    At 01:25, that seriously looks like Storm. Is there Wakandan style loophole that allows Marvel to use her the same way both studios are able to use Quicksilver and SW?

I don't think so, however we don't know the full extent of the deal Fox and Marvel made that lead to Legion/ Gifted being greenlit and Ego seems to be a very small price for that, so maybe, just maybe, you've spotted the beginning of the rift healing.

Probably wishful thinking...

I don't think so, however we don't know the full extent of the deal Fox and Marvel made that lead to Legion/ Gifted being greenlit and Ego seems to be a very small price for that, so maybe, just maybe, you've spotted the beginning of the rift healing.

Apparently it's Angela Bassett as T'Challa's mother

black-panther.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Shiny bits on the fingers look like claws and from what I remember of the animated Avengers EMH, he had claws like that.

So, shiny bits down on the feet have me guessing they'd be similar.

Shiny bits in the mid shin area? Pop out blades for use during leg attacks? :eek:

Scarlett Johansson was on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and she said for one scene in Infinity War they shot there is like 32 Avengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I would have thought that was always going to be a given. You don't have that many characters in a film and not have a money shot.

Kevin Feige said Avengers 4 will inform everything that happens in SPIDER-MAN 2.
    Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it's just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we've already shot a lot of Tom Holland's scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we're just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 - we won't call it that, whatever it is - which is exciting because it'll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019. It'll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we're focusing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm guessing it'll be an MCU without Tony and Steve.

This has been a fan theory for a while.

Tom Holland confirmed today that this kid from Iron Man 2 is Peter Parker.

• Advertisement

Both Kevin Feige & Jon Watts have confirmed the existence of
    Miles Morales
    in the MCU.

Kevin Feige has said that Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and Black Panther, will "very heavily" influence the events of Infinity War.

He also said that a trailer for the film could play in front of Thor: Ragnarok.

And the sequel to Spider-Man Homecoming will take place "minutes" after Avengers 4.
    just like the reboot picks up with the young hero shortly after the events of Captain America: Civil War, so too will the sequel find Peter returning to his normal life "minutes" after the battle with Thanos concludes.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/spider-man-homecoming-sequel-kicks-off-minutes-after-the-events-of-avengers-4-a152097

Listening to Jon Watts being interviewed on the radio there he was saying what inspired him into the movie business really was when in college they were filming Raimi's Spider Man outside the college.

Full circle really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

10.5 hours til I get to see Spider-Man: Homecoming! Really hoping this will be the Spidey film that works....

Going to a 2 pm showing myself really looking forward to this.

They did it best Spider Man ever.

So many Easter Eggs it will take repeat viewings.

Also the best Marvel villain yet.

They did it best Spider Man ever.

So many Easter Eggs it will take repeat viewings.

Also the best Marvel villain yet.

Better than the Raimi directed Spider-Man 2?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Better than the Raimi directed Spider-Man 2?

For me yes.

I am just out of it so maybe just high on it straight after but I really think they nailed it.

• Advertisement

Also the end credit stinger may be the best one ever!

Advertisement