Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

How many times has tealc said "Indeed" at this stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not enough anyway :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Caught the end of 2001 the other day.

O' Neill.

With two L's. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

With two L's. :pac:
    That the one where he says it twice and second time he has 3 fingers up? LOL, was a good one.

Was looking at one the few weeks back where tealc said something like "Indeed...I have not" :p

Yes/No in one.:D

• Advertisement

Finished season 5...let the Anubis Arc commence!

Btw, why did Shanks leave the show for season 5/6...is the reason known at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I think he just became bored with the character and wanted a break.

I think he just became bored with the character and wanted a break.

And what about RDA for the final two seasons, was he just sick of it by then?

I think he wanted to spend more time with family.

Edit: From that ever reliable source, wikipedia:
    From 1997 to 2005, Anderson starred as Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG-1, based on the movie Stargate starring Kurt Russell and James Spader.[9] John Symes president of Metro–Goldwyn–Mayer (MGM) called Anderson himself and asked him if he wanted a part in the series. Anderson watched the Stargate film over and over again and came to the conclusion that the film had "great potential" and signed a contract with the Stargate producers.[4] Anderson agreed to become involved with the project if his character was allowed significantly more comedic leeway than Kurt Russell's character in the feature film. He also requested Stargate SG-1 to be more of an ensemble show, so that he would not be carrying the plot alone as on MacGyver.[10] In season eight, he chose to have his character "promoted" to base commander on Don S. Davis's advice.[11] This enabled the late Davis to retire from acting due to his ailing health, and Anderson to take over the smaller role which involved far less on-location shooting so that he could spend more time with his young daughter.[12] The following season, Anderson terminated his status as star and producer of Stargate SG-1 opting to make several guest appearances per season instead, allowing his sizable role to be filled by veteran actors Ben Browder (replacing Anderson as field commander), Claudia Black (replacing Anderson as the comic relief) and Emmy nominee Beau Bridges (replacing Anderson as Base commander).

Big shoes to fill, three whole extra characters to replace him!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Finished season 5...let the Anubis Arc commence!

Btw, why did Shanks leave the show for season 5/6...is the reason known at all?

Fair few reason for that, which is true is another question.
    Unhappy with Jackson development and felt snubbed by producers.
    Wanted to work on his film career.
    Contract issues.

There was a fan petition to bring him back and the timing was interesting as RDA was starting to look for reduced time to spend with his daughter.

• Advertisement

Kicked off Season 7 last night, after a somewhat Season 6 ender. Ah Mr. Jackson, how good of you to join us again. Though to be fair, & I've no idea what the consensus is regarding this, but I thought Jonas Quinn was a pretty decent character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Kicked off Season 7 last night, after a somewhat Season 6 ender. Ah Mr. Jackson, how good of you to join us again. Though to be fair, & I've no idea what the consensus is regarding this, but I thought Jonas Quinn was a pretty decent character.
    I liked him, google of him there to see what hes at and look at this,

Star Trek: Renegades

Look at the Cast. Tuvok, The Doctor, Harry Kim, wouldn't be a fan of furlong or Neelix fella, story needs work. Could be good though.

story needs work. Could be good though.

We seen that in the Star Trek forum a few months ago, the story does need work indeed....& a lot of it!

I liked him too, not as much as Jackson in how he fit into the team but overall no complaints.

Really enjoyed "Descent"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heroes was on the other day. :(

Heroes was on the other day. :(

Good but sad episode.

Ok, I'm nearing the end of Season 7. Started the two parter "Heros" last night. So where do I begin with Atlantis again? A few eps into season 8 of SG-1 is it?

Straight after "New Order Part II" I think.

After New order Part II is a good call, the ending fits very well with the start of Atlantis.

Straight after "New Order Part II" I think.
    After New order Part II is a good call, the ending fits very well with the start of Atlantis.

Nope, I finished New Order last night & there's no mention of anything Atlantean. All that has happened is Dr. Weir is shipped off to Antarctica to supervise the study of the outpost, & O'Neil is promoted and put in charge of the SGC.

It must be further on, been ages since I last watched them so I forget, but I'm sure it'll become obvious at some point

• Advertisement

Actually maybe you guys are right, the more I think of it it's the pilot episode of Atlantis that sets it all up, not an SG-1 episode. Cool, looks like I'm kicking off Atlantis tonight so :)

Yeah it's not a direct launch into Atlantis but it sets up the pilot of Atlantis to work perfectly after it, it's like Weir's back story some what.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah it's not a direct launch into Atlantis but it sets up the pilot of Atlantis to work perfectly after it, it's like Weir's back story some what.

Yeah and then Weir inexplicably changes body shape between finale of S7 and beginning of S8. :D
    (The shape shifter storyline is never explored. :( )

Season 8 of SG1 - Citizen Joe. What a cracking little episode :cool: First introduction to the touchstones.

Daniel Jackson at the end delivering this line - "Wawa..wait a minute Jack, so you've been seeing parts of the life of a barber in Indiana for seven years and you never mentioned it?

His face says it all :D:D

j93j0y.jpg

That's Homer Simpson's life he's been seeing too. :D

Season 8 of SG1 - Citizen Joe. What a cracking little episode :cool: First introduction to the touchstones.

Daniel Jackson at the end delivering this line - "Wawa..wait a minute Jack, so you've been seeing parts of the life of a barber in Indiana for seven years and you never mentioned it?

His face says it all :D:D

j93j0y.jpg

Doesn't Jack say something like "You got game son/boy" in regards to what he saw in the bowling visions.

Excellent random episode to watch.

After the mention of that last episode I'm ever so tempted to begin this marathon asap. Where's the best place to get the boxset?
    I'm looking at amazon for convenience but if a boarsie knows of a better one I'd be grateful. :)
    Is it worth getting SG1 Complete + Atlantis + Universe. Or should I just stop at the end of Atlantis. I've only seen the first season of Universe. :o

Doesn't Jack say something like "You got game son/boy" in regards to what he saw in the bowling visions.

Excellent random episode to watch.

Yep, he says that just before Daniels line I mentioned :) It really is a great individual little episode.
    Jernal wrote: »
    After the mention of that last episode I'm ever so tempted to begin this marathon asap. Where's the best place to get the boxset?
    I'm looking at amazon for convenience but if a boarsie knows of a better one I'd be grateful. :)
    Is it worth getting SG1 Complete + Atlantis + Universe. Or should I just stop at the end of Atlantis. I've only seen the first season of Universe. :o

Get them all, & get them all asap! Universe was only just starting to find its feet, lord knows SG1 took more than two seasons to do so. Universe was actually starting to get pretty damn good tbh, crying shame it finished so early, I reckon it would have matured into something very very good

Jernal wrote: »

Get them all and start as soon as possible.
    Go ahead and get Universe, while you may only watch each episode once you'll at least be able to make up your own mind on what you think of the show...and more importantly the ending.

• Advertisement

Season 8 of SG1 has largely been lackluster, at least right up until the excellent "Reckoning" two parter. Cannot wait for the Ori arc to start, "hallowed are the Ori!"

Advertisement