Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for pub gigs

Options
  • 17-06-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

Was wonderin what the usual pay is for a band playin pub gigs (2 hours) once a week for a 4 piece playin pop/rock covers in north west ireland? €250? €300? €350?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sorry for high jacking , in a 5 piece myself and wondering the same , were in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

it varies a lot, 200 a night for a new unknown band playing in a dump, to over 1k for a big well known band playing in a big busy pub. i would advise ringing a few pubs that get bands and have a chat with the person that books the bands. their budget will be based on how many people ye bring into the pub, so you may have to start off at a reduced rate to build up a name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Flynner64

I play in a rock covers band, play in kildare, laois, tipperary, kilkenny areas. It's a 4 piece band, and the bottom line for us is hundred a man. If travelling, you should get 450-500 to cover travelling, diesel, tolls etc. When you take into account the time from when you load up before heading to a gig, to unloading after, you're probably only talking mimimum wage !

Consider doing a 1st gig a bit cheaper to show what you can do, but stick to your guns after that. The venues will pay, but we're all in trouble if bands keep lowering rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Flynner64 wrote: »
    Consider doing a 1st gig a bit cheaper to show what you can do, but stick to your guns after that. The venues will pay, but we're all in trouble if bands keep lowering rates.
    Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

so you may have to start off at a reduced rate to build up a name.

ya can't do that end off,more like the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

Here Here , Trying to get more money out of a venue is near impossible . Its easy to lower your price but if you try and raise it , forget it .

This goes for all types of business not just bands and its a simple business rule , particularly in this day and age .

By the way i live in the north west and i know of a venue that is paying €500 + although the average seems to be anywhere between €350 and €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Other way around? Start of high and then reduce your rate?
    bayles wrote: »
    Here Here , Trying to get more money out of a venue is near impossible . Its easy to lower your price but if you try and raise it , forget it .

This goes for all types of business not just bands and its a simple business rule , particularly in this day and age .

By the way i live in the north west and i know of a venue that is paying €500 + although the average seems to be anywhere between €350 and €400

Lots of venues wont give you a gig unless the first one is a reduced price. Im not talking a massive reduceion, 10-20% off, and ONLY for the first gig. We only do this in pubs where we know we have a chance of getting many more booking during the year. We have had no problem increasing our price after the first gig, as it wasnt the standard rate. If they dont want to pay us the full price after that, we dont play there again. We have never had this problem though. Raising the price again however is different, and very hard.

Advertisement