Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which automatic car? 2014 Fit or 2014 Fiesta or 2011 Lexus CT200H

Options
  • 22-06-2021 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Looking to buy an auto car.

Options :

Fit Hybrid Jap import 2014 import 8-9K, 100K Kms

Fit Hybrid Jap import 2016 import 10K, 100K Kms

Lexus 200H, 2011, Toyota Dealer, 10K, 140K Kms

Fiesta, 1.0 P, 2013, 100 K Kms, Random Dealer

Need to keep car for 3-5 years. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭User1998

Consider the Toyota Aqua and Toyota Prius as well

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Out of those I’d take the Lexus, but as mentioned above give the Prius a look as well, I’d throw the Auris hybrid (second generation) and Nissan Leaf (depending on your requirements) into the mix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Out of those I’d take the Lexus, but as mentioned above give the Prius a look as well, I’d throw the Auris hybrid (second generation) and Nissan Leaf (depending on your requirements) into the mix too.

Thanks a lot. It does not matter that Lexus is 2011 with 140K Kms while Fit is 100K and 2016.

Both at 10K. Lexus 2011 Worth 10K?

User1998 wrote: »
    Consider the Toyota Aqua and Toyota Prius as well

Thanks. Nice cars, I somehow do not like Aqua or Prius interiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭User1998

Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    Thanks. Nice cars, I somehow do not like Aqua or Prius interiors.

Thats fair enough, out of the cars you listed me personally I would probably go with the Lexus, but your getting an older car with higher mileage, so you need to weigh up weather you want something older with higher spec, or something newer with lower spec but less mileage and probably more reliable, lower running costs etc.

I would stay away from the Fiesta and go for a hybrid

• Advertisement

Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. It does not matter that Lexus is 2011 with 140K Kms while Fit is 100K and 2016.

Both at 10K. Lexus 2011 Worth 10K?

140k is nothing. It’s 86000 miles in 10 years.

User1998 wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, out of the cars you listed me personally I would probably go with the Lexus, but your getting an older car with higher mileage, so you need to weigh up weather you want something older with higher spec, or something newer with lower spec but less mileage and probably be more reliable, lower running costs etc.

I would stay away from the Fiesta and go for a hybrid

Thanks, This is my first used car. I always bought new and being new in Ireland, not sure what to do. I would have preferred a new car but decent cars are at 30K plus.

Lexus has all features like cruise, bluetooth, reversing camera.

Fit is new thats all. Perhaps one or 2 extra features. But that is a Japanese import.

Confused

140k is nothing. It’s 86000 miles in 10 years.

Thanks. As long as Hybrid battery can last, I'm fine. So it seems everyone prefers

Lexus 2011 over Fit 2016 or Insight 2014.

Helps me :-)

Lexus. Or Auris hybrid. You’d probably get a 2013 new model within budget.

Lexus. Or Auris hybrid. You’d probably get a 2013 new model within budget.

Thanks. I guess will search. For Auris as well. Cannot locate Lexus 2013 under 13/14K.

• Advertisement

Yes, the Auris is a bit cheaper, being a Toyota, but mechanically it’s the same thing as the CT200 but with a bigger boot and a bit more space.

Advertisement