Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dogs being stolen

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I hadn't heard of Topsy and Turvey before.
    Can someone give me a brief outline?
    Delighted there's a happy ending for the owners.

2 Golden Cocker Spaniels stolen from Dublin 18. One returned and a massive drive to find the other, including some very brave posts (one of which is removed).

The family were getting threatening and blackmail phone calls, but stuck to their plan and openly challenged those involved.

Look up Help us find Topsy and Turvy on FB. Some of the posts from Turvey to Topsy are heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

anewme wrote: »
    2 Golden Cocker Spaniels stolen from Dublin 18. One returned and a massive drive to find the other, including some very brave posts (one of which is removed).

The family were getting threatening and blackmail phone calls, but stuck to their plan and openly challenged those involved.

Look up Help us find Topsy and Turvy on FB. Some of the posts from Turvey to Topsy are heartbreaking.

That's just lovely.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

cocker5 wrote: »
    OMG - topsy and turvey are together again ..

Topsy has been returned - honest to god this news has made my week ��

Mine too, cocker. The first thing I did every morning before work was check their facebook page to see if there was any news. When I heard Topsy was found this evening, I cried with happiness. I'm not ashamed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I hadn't heard of Topsy and Turvey before.
    Can someone give me a brief outline?
    Delighted there's a happy ending for the owners.

They are Apricot Cocker spaniels. 8 years old and they are full siblings and purchased from the same litter. They were stolen from Kilternan in Dublin.

Topsy was advertised for sale on Done Deal in Mallow. When the gardai got there it was in fact Turvey and another Apricot Coker who is still with Mallow gardai.

The chap who had the dogs for sale got them from his cousin who swooped them for a HORSE, yet no explanation as to how it was Topsys photo but it was Turvey that was for sale.

They had received ransom demands and threats over the social media campaign, in fact they were threatened that if they did not stop, Topsys throat would be slit

Mine too, cocker. The first thing I did every morning before work was check their facebook page to see if there was any news. When I heard Topsy was found this evening, I cried with happiness. I'm not ashamed. :)

Tbh I had a feeling news was coming as no posts since the day before
    I hope to god Molly, Dora, Pippa, Blue, Charlie, Sally and pup and the others are reunited soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

I don’t know how anybody could be so heartless to steal a pet. For many people, the pet is an equal family member.

On a slight tangent, I found some lovely Korean videos of an adorable Samoyed (Milky, GB and Tan) on YouTube. I love seeing the different personalities of the pets

cocker5 wrote: »
    OMG - topsy and turvey are together again ..

Topsy has been returned - honest to god this news has made my week ��

Looks like the pigs tried to remove her chip.

Molly’s story has just been on today FM. They also know the person who initially sold Molly for a pittance. They have intelligence to believe Molly could have been sold up to 10 times by now. The family are getting threats about Molly s safety and their own family’s personal safety.

Time for CAB to get involved in this criminal underworld.

The photo of Topsey and Turkey reunited has now close to 50,000 likes on FB and almost 20,000 comments. That’s how serious people are taking it.

Molly’s story has just been on today FM. They also know the person who initially sold Molly for a pittance. They have intelligence to believe Molly could have been sold up to 10 times by now. The family are getting threats about Molly s safety and their own family’s personal safety.

Time for CAB to get involved in this criminal underworld.

The photo of Topsey and Turkey reunited has now close to 50,000 likes on FB and almost 20,000 comments. That’s how serious people are taking it.

Molly is my neighbours dog, another dog Sally and her pup have been stolen in the area too. Last night when we were in bed we heard the gate scraping, dogs in our bedroom went nuts. Husband went out and a dark car, lights off was turing in the road just up from house. Couldn't get the plates

• Advertisement

Molly is my neighbours dog, another dog Sally and her pup have been stolen in the area too. Last night when we were in bed we heard the gate scraping, dogs in our bedroom went nuts. Husband went out and a dark car, lights off was turing in the road just up from house. Couldn't get the plates

Im following Sally's story too.

That's terrible, you can't even let them out of your sight for one minute.

Do you have CCTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Her owners had been contacted a number of times regarding a ransom. They knew where she was and who had her according to the info I've gleaned. They've been threatening to name and shame for a while and other people have suggested other solutions.

Surely the gardai would get involved in this situation? Blackmail, and theft?

daheff wrote: »
    Surely the gardai would get involved in this situation? Blackmail, and theft?

I'd say the Gardai were also involved behind the scenes and advising them.

It used to be that people and their animals slept in the same hut together.
    Do we need to return to those times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd say the Gardai were also involved behind the scenes and advising them.

if they were involved then they should have raided the property and made arrests.

Also why was the guy who was selling the other dog on done deal not arrested for handling stolen property?

If it were stolen tvs or builders tools people would have been arrested by now.

daheff wrote: »
    if they were involved then they should have raided the property and made arrests.

Also why was the guy who was selling the other dog on done deal not arrested for handling stolen property?

If it were stolen tvs or builders tools people would have been arrested by now.

It is ridiculous. That is why it is allowed continue.

Ignorance is allowed as an office. We didnt know the dog was stolen when we tried to sell it. What was the line...he bought it off a man, who bought it off his cousin, who bought it off a man who swopped it for a pony?

Topsy's owner stated that the man who tried to sell Topsy was also in possession of that really sad dog at Mallow Garda Station that everyone is sharing.

This might be part of a longer game for the Gardai you might be thinking.

• Advertisement

It used to be that people and their animals slept in the same hut together.
    Do we need to return to those times.

My dogs are in my bedroom

My dogs are in my bedroom
    Have the roles of pet and owner been reversed completely yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have the rolls of pet and owner been reversed completely yet?

No need for that. Consider this a warning.

Have the rolls of pet and owner been reversed completely yet?

In all fairness if that's what it takes to keep my dogs safe, that's where they are staying

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

Deleted.

• Advertisement

The photos on the find topsy and turvy page are shocking.Topsy has a large infected wound where they attempted to hack her chip out of her same as Daisy.

The photos on the find topsy and turvy page are shocking.Topsy has a large infected wound where they attempted to hack her chip out of her same as Daisy.

I was too upset last night after seeing them.

I actually cannot think of a word to describe the people that have done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I was too upset last night after seeing them.

I actually cannot think of a word to describe the people that have done that.

Satan Spawn. Not people.

Our populace is too tolerant of these criminals in general.
    We need our own Buffy to deal with them. A few wooden stakes and litres of holy water in which to drown them wouldn't go unused. Failing that, a public stocks and every rotting fruit in the country and birch them into the bargain. Then publish their names, photos, locations to all the authorities and ankle tag them.
    I don't want to pay for their meals, gym access, tv etc in prison while they make new criminal friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Have the roles of pet and owner been reversed completely yet?

If I had to choose, my dogs would get the bedroom and I'd take the couch. :D - but they'd be down fairly quickly sleeping on top of me :D

I saw a German report on a dog theft crime wave in UK today.
    An owner had engaged a Private Investigator. they'd tracked down the car used by the Thief and were taking DNA samples.
    The car used was full of various dog hairs although the Thief claimed to own none.

It appears the Gardai can't stop the Thieves finding buyers for stolen dogs.
    It would be good to put some fear in them by collecting samples of dog hair from owners and matching them with dog hair found in the vans of suspects.

At the moment the thieves if caught just say they bought the dogs innocently from a stranger.

That would require investment of time, effort and resources in the issue but it would help address the problem as the Thieves are operating from the same vans

Advertisement