Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend child gate that can be put up and taken down easily

Options
  • 07-03-2019 7:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Going to be minding my sister's kids once a week and want to get a child gate that can be put up quickly and taken down again when they leave until the following weekend. I'd imagine most are intended to be permanently left up ? Want one that's easy to open ( for adult) . Screws or pressure, don't mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

We have a safety first one, and it is very easy to put up and down just a matter or widen the sides. The only thing to watch is the banister, it kinda has to be a straight banister. Mind we have it up on a rounded one and while it is fine i would not have her pulling off it or anything

Safety SecurTech Simply Close Metal Gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Milly33 wrote:
    We have a safety first one, and it is very easy to put up and down just a matter or widen the sides. The only thing to watch is the banister, it kinda has to be a straight banister. Mind we have it up on a rounded one and while it is fine i would not have her pulling off it or anything

Milly33 wrote:

Thanks Milly. It's for in between kitchen and living room so will be in a doorway. I'll Google that now and hopefully can buy locally. Was getting bamboozled with all the options

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Got pressure ones in lidl a week ago €17.....safety first.
    Bought another one a few years ago lindam in aldi €15.

Measure the width and cross check it on gates....some are wider than others ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Safety 1st ones here as well. We have rounded banisters so it's not ideal but they work well.

Oh it should suit perfect then, they have a little kinda round stopper on the side to stop any damage being done to the walls either side and you can extend etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Milly33 wrote: »

I still having nightmares over this one and the f*cking banister. Thing was an absolute disaster with it. Even with the extension. Was good for use on the bedroom door to keep the little mischief maker from escaping though.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

well thats it, it is meant to go on a straight board as most of them. Would say to get it right you would want to put a piece of wood onto the banister

Advertisement