Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCT Cluster Day - Doing the same subject twice

Options
  • 05-03-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was in a different school last year where I did my JCT cluster for Geography. The school I'm in this year has registered me to do my cluster this year in Geography again. Is there any point in doing this twice? It might be worth it if it's updated from last year. My other subject is CSPE which I'm not sure if they do a cluster day on.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I did day 1 of my first subject last year, This is day 2 of the subject clusters, so you will not be doing the same day twice.
    Day 1 of the second subject was held earlier this academic year. There was day 1 of CSPE in Sept/ Oct last.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

solerina wrote: »
    I did day 1 of my first subject last year, This is day 2 of the subject clusters, so you will not be doing the same day twice.
    Day 1 of the second subject was held earlier this academic year. There was day 1 of CSPE in Sept/ Oct last.

Got it. That makes sense. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

On a related issue, are Principals & Deputys attending a these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Icsics wrote: »

Also are Guidance Counsellors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

For what subject though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I believe there were leadership days not 100% certain.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I believe there were leadership days not 100% certain.

Yes I think there was. But if they are teaching a JC subject do they not go to the inservice on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

DP and Principal were on our cluster list to attend in their subject, not sure if they did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Principals and Deputy Principals go to JCT leadership days outside of the cluster days. I know in my own school the guidance counsellors stayed and worked on our guidance policy and prepared for our wellbeing week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    DP and Principal were on our cluster list to attend in their subject, not sure if they did though.

Same for my school. I think their cars must have broken down that day.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

If they were on the list that's because they ticked the box beside their name when they were filling in the registration form. They are the ones that fill in that information. They shouldn't have ticked that box if they were staying in school to work and not attend the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I really hate these things. Run by perfect teachers who must spend their lives preparing. Innovative and full of booze words. Makes me feel guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Bobtheman wrote: »
    I really hate these things. Run by perfect teachers who must spend their lives preparing. Innovative and full of booze words. Makes me feel guilty

Not in all cases unfortunately. Ours was condescending and nothing else. Naughty children so we were.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Not in all cases unfortunately. Ours was condescending and nothing else. Naughty children so we were.

But most are on the ball types. Makes me feel guilty

But most are on the ball types. Makes me feel guilty

Most are going through the motions to beef up their CVs. I wouldn't be able to peddle that rubbish for any box ticking exercise

They seem to have all these wonderful ideas. Class plans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

If they were that perfect they wouldn’t be trying to escape classroom! At my last ‘inservice ‘ the facilitator was peddling the next inservice while the DP was emailing details of more inservice .Why can’t we just be left teach in peace ?! Will soon be teaching bare minimum of content but have mountains of supporting paperwork and training :-(

2011abc wrote: »
    If they were that perfect they wouldn’t be trying to escape classroom! At my last ‘inservice ‘ the facilitator was peddling the next inservice while the DP was emailing details of more inservice .Why can’t we just be left teach in peace ?! Will soon be teaching bare minimum of content but have mountains of supporting paperwork and training :-(

Valid points. When there is a new course I suppose you need training it's just most of the trainers come across as terribly smug but perhaps that's what drives them on ?
    TBH I never learn by listening. I need to read stuff and think it over. I always tend to give kids notes so they can do the same but alot don't bother.
    Sometimes it's no harm to be a student for a day

Advertisement