Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shazam! (DC Comics - Zachary Levi)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This could be fun.... Hope it’s not another suicide squad cause I thought from the trailer that would be deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Slydice wrote: »
    That last scene! :D

Yeah got a good laugh .Not sure what to make of this. Could be a good laugh like.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

i guess you lot never read shazam comics or else you realise that billy is smart kid and know how to resposible , when he given gift of six gods he uses the powers resposible in the comics

And he can be boring as feck.
    Do you honestly think that he will be the immature Shazam beyond the mid point of the film?
    He'll learn to be responsible here, and show character progression.

shazam kills people aboard a bus and on the street with lightning bolts , heros suppose are created to defend us not kill us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He's not killing anyone, watch the trailer again. He f*cks up and causes the bus to crash, but the trailer / film immediately calls him out for causing it.

It's obvious the arc will be about Batson learning that .. well, with great power... comes great responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Really like the look of this, reminds me of Big... but with super powers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's obvious the arc will be about Batson learning that .. well, with great power... comes great responsibility?
    Oh good, something original with a superhero film, at last.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh good, something original with a superhero film, at last.

Hard to see how else you could spin any story of a teenager who comes into possession of something that empowers them. It'd take more effort just to steer clear of the analogy with adolescence :)

in captain marvel dc comics he has responsibility for his superpowers. He use them to protect and save lives and never drink brooze

• Advertisement

Smertrius wrote: »
    in captain marvel dc comics he has responsibility for his superpowers. He use them to protect and save lives and never drink brooze

So, boring and not like a teen at all.
    FFS he's going to get powers, mess around, **** up/get his ass handed to him, potentially lose powers and get them back, learn from his mistakes, grow as a person/hero, beat the bad guy, and then... profit???

So, boring and not like a teen at all.
    FFS he's going to get powers, mess around, **** up/get his ass handed to him, potentially lose powers and get them back, learn from his mistakes, grow as a person/hero, beat the bad guy, and then... profit???

aquaman movie was similar to the comics that why it did brilliantly

on the screen

only reason dc justice league and Batman vs superman movies were crap because director never focus on the comics

on the screen

only reason dc justice league and Batman vs superman movies were crap because director never focus on the comics

Billy get powers, acts totally responsible, defeats enemy, the end.

Shut up and take my money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

on the screen

You seem to have a habit of only reading some of the comics, and giving out when the film doesn't match the actual few comics you've read. The New 52 version of Shazam/Billy seems to be the version that this film is based on from the trailers. The writers and director have focused on the comics, just not the ones you read.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Guys and Gals, please don´t quote him...

this shazam is comedy its not superhero movie, its comedy end of story, taking piss on superhero movie and make it funny is comdey

You seem to have a habit of only reading some of the comics, and giving out when the film doesn't match the actual few comics you've read. The New 52 version of Shazam/Billy seems to be the version that this film is based on from the trailers. The writers and director have focused on the comics, just not the ones you read.
    big deal that just one comics that doesn't count as comic book super hero movie, its comedy endy story

Guardians is a comedy, it's not a superhero movie. It's a comedy end of story...
    Ant-Man is a comedy, it's not a superhero movie. It's a comedy end of story...

Guardians is a comedy, it's not a superhero movie. It's a comedy end of story...
    Ant-Man is a comedy, it's not a superhero movie. It's a comedy end of story...
    at least they aren't taking piss on the superheroes , this is taking piss shazam, Ant-Man is showing he superhero , Guardians of galaxy superheroes is showing they are superheroes, All its shazam is a zero not hero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

... wait! Was that the whole movie!? I thought it was just a trailer... how silly of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

at least they aren't taking piss on the superheroes , this is taking piss shazam, Ant-Man is showing he superhero , Guardians of galaxy superheroes is showing they are superheroes, All its shazam is a zero not hero
    Maybe you should wait for the actual movie. Although deciding that the tiny part you've seen from the trailers is the only part that exists is in keeping with your habit of deciding that the few comics you've read are the only version of the character that exists...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Think I'm guilty of the same thing, to be honest. :( One time, I read only a few posts from this one person, but concluded they must be a gobshite all the time.

i won't care if this much if wasn't his 80th anniversary , i just want good movie for his 80th anniversary , taking piss shazam movie and showing him as zero not hero, if i saw new batman this year and that bad this i question it too i glad batman movie coming out next year or year after and not its 80th anniversary this year

Oh No

Hard reality: Shazam is not a popular, well known character. He could be 180 for the difference it would make.

And thank God someone had the sense to bring a little humour to an obviously humourless scenario.

God even the name is daft. I love comic books but sometimes it's worth stepping back and acknowledging that half the premises are a bit silly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Where did you see this advanced screening to come to that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did someone say advanced screening?! :pac:

Omniplex cinemas are showing advanced screenings of Shazam on the 27th of March (Wednesday Week), they're open to the public just got my ticket.

Link here https://t.co/zW9rPLCB4l
    Not bad for a film not out until the 5th of April.

if Shazam wasn't harming humans and shazam not breaking the law in the movie would but since he is harming humans and is breaking the law in the movie is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Riddle me this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Advertisement