Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing another BBC

Options
  • 22-03-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I have spent the last 30 minutes searching on the internet on how to program onto my sky+hd a BBC1 and 2 that is not Northern Ireland.
    I cannot find anything that matches my screen.
    Some say go to Services,and options. My services doesn't have Options.
    Another one says through TV guide and options. Again, I don't have the same screen that they have.
    The reason I want to see a different version of the BBCs is because the regular programs are pushed off by football and rugby on NI but not all other regions.
    Has anyone done this before? I tried calling Sky. I hung up after 10mins on hold, from my mobile. Don't have the patience

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

have you just got a sky hd box or is it sky q? very important. and you would need to know make of box ie is t pace or sky or amstrad, but for s start press services on sky remote and say what appears if it shows boxes then its fairly new if it shows sky at top and symbols like a lock, a person, a spanner etc.

report back

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Hi.
    I think I'm getting somewhere.
    I was a bit more observant this time.
    When I hit services I get a small screen top right showing the channel I had previously selected
    Underneath there are two rows of four boxes, Radio, Accessibility, Options, Settings. Parental control, Help, Get products and My ac.
    I went into Options, (yes) and found add channels.

I searched for the codes of a BBC, I chose BBC west and input them, then hitting the find channels yellow button . It did something. Can't remember exactly what.
    After which I tabbed to Other Chnls, select and it asked for my password. After a search in the drawer I found it and I am looking at a BBC.
    Since they are all merged now, they are all showing the same thing, so I don't know for sure what I saved. I will have to check the programmes tomorrow for divergences and see if I have been successful.
    Thank you for replying to me. ill post back if I have succeeded
    Sky+HD, no brand names on the box which is about 8-10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You can add channels that way but they won't be on the EPG and won't be recordable.

Adding these channels is not necessary, On an ROI Sky EPG there are already non-NI alternatives available

BBC 1 NI HD 141
    BBC 2 NI SD 142
    BBC 2 England HD 347
    BBC 1 NI SD 832
    BBC 1 London SD 954
    BBC 2 England 969
    BBC 1 England HD 976

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Hey Vic08,
    That's so cool, thanks for the alternatives to 141 and 142. Just what I wanted.
    They were there all along.
    Thanks for replying

Advertisement