Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk buy Mo Bacter

Options
  • 19-03-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Looking to apply this to a 750m2 lawn so need 80Kg of it based on their coverage recommendations.

They seem to do 10Kg bags for €20 and and 20Kg bags for €30.

I don't see any way of getting larger than 20Kg bags?

Am I going to have to purchase 4x20Kg bags at €120?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

You are, yes.

Bulk buy would only factor in when buying a tonne or more, I would expect.

3 bags sufficed for my similarly sized lawn, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Too early yet for mo bacter.
    Soil temps need to be at least 12 degree's for the bacteria to live and get to work,at the moment temps are around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

upupup wrote: »
    Too early yet for mo bacter.
    Soil temps need to be at least 12 degree's for the bacteria to live and get to work,at the moment temps are around 7

Was thinking start of April, soil temp likely to be close to right then?
    Would it be wastefull to use it when temps not right? Or is it just a case than it will stay dormant in soil until temps rise and then it will get to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

rodge123 wrote: »
    Was thinking start of April, soil temp likely to be close to right then?
    Would it be wastefull to use it when temps not right? Or is it just a case than it will stay dormant in soil until temps rise and then it will get to work?

I'm no expert on bacteria but I have used mobacter twice before.Once i got it right and last year I got it wrong because the drought began a few days after applying.
    The bacteria thrives in warm damp 12degree temps.If the temps at night drop low then they may go dormant but if temps drop to zero then I would think they would die.The instructions on the bag used to mention soil temps but the bag i got last year mentioned air temps.
    If you are spreading 4 bags then I would wait till the frosts are definitely gone,

Soil temps are at 8.5 this week so rising fast..Here's a chart I use from met eireann for the soil temps https://www.met.ie/forecasts/farming#agri-graphs

Advertisement