Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dealing with reccord fright

Options
  • 16-01-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I wonder if anyone could give me some advice. I'm a guitarist and as soon as i hit a reccord button my playing drops a grade. I was wondering anyone knew any techniques for dealing with this?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Headphones and the volume of what you are listening to in your hear can be off putting.
    Make sure you get those at a comfortable level to play along with.
    My two cents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Hey,

I've a bit of experience both recording myself and working with other less experience musicians who this happens to a lot.
    The most common thing I see is people completely overthinking what they're playing and attempting to play perfectly once the red light is on.
    As you hit record you're probably poised and waiting to start your bit and end up quite tense.

To get around this what I tend to do is put the piece I'm recording over on a loop, sit back and take multiple takes without stopping.
    The first one or two are generally rubbish but as you ease into it and forget that you're actually recording your playing should get a little bit more natural feeling.

Stop after 10, 20 or however many takes and pick out the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Do plenty of takes. The first few are just for warming up IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I also learning how to make my own music and recently I found cool blog with useful tips and free drum kits. It could be useful for those who are looking for the best FL Studio sample packs. I found some actual high-quality music production FL Studio kits there. Hope it helps.

Advertisement