Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly knocker...

Options
  • 12-11-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks, I'm simply here because I cannot seem to ascertain what's happening around my house or why the following is happening?

We (my wife and two children) moved into our home 5 years ago this month from Dublin city. The home is relatively new (10 yrs) and is built in a rural part of Laois. We're approx 1000 yards from an old castle where there was a large battle about 400 years ago. Anyway! Over the past 5 years ago I have had quite a number of "experiences" here.

It all seemed to start with seeing someone out of the corner of my eye walk passed my back window (always the back) this has happened on more than 5 occasions. My mother in law moved next door 2 years ago and she has experienced the same thing, (sights, knocks on the back door), my wife has also expressed sightings....

My wife and I are both sceptics but are open minded enough at the same time. These scenarios have changed though. Last year whilst having a family meal mother in law included there was two loud knocks on my back kitchen window. Enough to make everyone jump with alarm, after that occasionally I would hear one loud knock always rushing out expecting a neighbour standing there.

Last night I got another two very abrupt knocks, so much so that I sprang up, asked the knocker to just wait as I got the door key from my front door. I opened the door to find nothing. There's no one playing pranks, I'm extremely rural, I have a high hedge, locked gate and cctv. Two years ago I was recording voice and piano and clearly recorded "I am waiting" on one of my tracks, it did not just sound like that... it was quite clear! And yes I was alone in the house!!!

Has anyone experienced anything like that? Am I crazy?! I would like to know, the lack of information from the web as brought me here. Thank you for any responses and taking the time to do so! Be blessed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

I've experienced many currently unexplainable occurrences throughout my life, including physical contact with apparently nothing. Being a scientist at heart, my perspective might be different, but I will give you some suggestions that I've found very useful.

Make sure to establish your boundaries firmly, but kindly. Although most of what I've experienced was benign, I have been attacked by deceptive entities. So just prepare yourself as you see fit to meet someone new. Then go out to where you feel is the centre of activity, get comfortable, and talk to them.

Often, I find that simple acknowledgement is all that's necessary. Talk out loud, ask why they want your attention so much, do they know they're dead? Are they confused? Tell them to look around, and move toward the Light, and the loved ones they may be missing. Or they can stay around, but you're unhappy about the loud noises and you want them to stop. Listen, with your whole self... trust that any thoughts popping into your mind are worth talking about, sometimes that's the easiest way to communicate.

You've been there a long time with mainly passive contact, I don't see why they would change now. Have you done anything recent that could possibly have upset these 'neighbours'?

My impression is that there are a bunch of people in altered states (dead), who do battle reenactment, and a couple are practical jokers, or are trying to break free of the cycle.

Whatever happens, DO NOT be afraid. No matter how shocking, or apparently powerful, find a way to calm yourself, and any others involved. Fear is completely counterproductive.

If that doesn't sound too strange, have a chat, and let me know how things get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Jeff. wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm simply here because I cannot seem to ascertain what's happening around my house or why the following is happening?

We (my wife and two children) moved into our home 5 years ago this month from Dublin city. The home is relatively new (10 yrs) and is built in a rural part of Laois. We're approx 1000 yards from an old castle where there was a large battle about 400 years ago. Anyway! Over the past 5 years ago I have had quite a number of "experiences" here.

It all seemed to start with seeing someone out of the corner of my eye walk passed my back window (always the back) this has happened on more than 5 occasions. My mother in law moved next door 2 years ago and she has experienced the same thing, (sights, knocks on the back door), my wife has also expressed sightings....

My wife and I are both sceptics but are open minded enough at the same time. These scenarios have changed though. Last year whilst having a family meal mother in law included there was two loud knocks on my back kitchen window. Enough to make everyone jump with alarm, after that occasionally I would hear one loud knock always rushing out expecting a neighbour standing there.

Last night I got another two very abrupt knocks, so much so that I sprang up, asked the knocker to just wait as I got the door key from my front door. I opened the door to find nothing. There's no one playing pranks, I'm extremely rural, I have a high hedge, locked gate and cctv. Two years ago I was recording voice and piano and clearly recorded "I am waiting" on one of my tracks, it did not just sound like that... it was quite clear! And yes I was alone in the house!!!

Has anyone experienced anything like that? Am I crazy?! I would like to know, the lack of information from the web as brought me here. Thank you for any responses and taking the time to do so! Be blessed.

If you search on the net under 'poltergeist' which is the type of paranormal activity you are experiencing, there is plenty of material there including a debatable theory that these noisy disturbances may be caused by adolescents during puberty. Another interesting case years ago now was the story of the 'Rosenheim poltergeist' aired on BBC, which linked psychokinetic disturbances to an employee suffering from depression.

I lived in a house for many years with the above type disturbances and didn't bother doing anything about it, as only occasionally would anything loud or dramatic happen. Yes, I did feel I might be crazy as these events defied all rationality. I sold up, but not because of that and as expected - the next house - nothing. If you can live with it do, agree to share the space as whatever it is may just be mischievous but harmless at the same time.

I have no personal experience of house 'clearances' so I'm not in a position to comment on same, except to mention on the many cases on the various paranormal tv programmes, that seems to be the general route adopted. The 'spirit' or entity is encouraged apparently towards the light, by for example a medium or cleric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenheim_Poltergeist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

out by abbeyleix there was a house the owners of which used to complain about knocks on windows at all hours of the day and night - never could catch anyone at it. Ive lived in a house where all sorts of things would happen, from whispering to the sound of footsteps going up and down the hall - makes you feel crazy alright, but that doesnt mean you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

forgot all the nonsense about clearing houses and sage etc. theres nothing to state that does any good whatsover

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jeff. wrote: »

Any chance you could post up that recording ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

when i was a child a knock on the window or door like that ,use to mean a death of a family member or close one was ment too occur.
    i never heard it myself and you dont hear talk of the knock anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Rural area bangs to windows is typically birds that have been confused by the glass. Nobody outside because they have flown away by the time you look outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

the night my granny died, a knock happened at his back window (it's a closed off back area) and his dad called his voice..

then he found out his mam had passed... very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Could there be some structural issues with the house?

I'm not dissmissing you just offering up some less terrifying causes!

As to the voice. ..shudder. Can't help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Could there be some structural issues with the house?

I'm not dissmissing you just offering up some less terrifying causes!

As to the voice. ..shudder. Can't help you there.

i am a total sceptic myself and i do believe there is some explanation to this

but i haven't figured it out yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When I lived on a north sea island there was an official account of something similar there years before

A boat builder and his wife were kept awake night after night by banging from the boatyard/carpentry shed. When he went out, nobody there

One night he got totally fed up, went to the window and shouted, " In the Name of the Holy Trinity, WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

The noise stopped, then there was some incoherent loud shouting, then silence and never another trouble

Try it OP? They seek comfort and closure.

Advertisement