Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardiman Scholarship for PhD

Options
  • 22-03-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi there

Does anyone know when Hardiman scholarship applicants hear about being called for interview?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 conair1234

I've applied to0 and heard nothing, hoping to hear next week, but I was also hoping to hear something this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Paulbeth

conair1234 wrote: »
    I've applied to0 and heard nothing, hoping to hear next week, but I was also hoping to hear something this week :)

Yes. I phoned NUIG Graduate Studies yesterday and was told that applications are still being assessed but we will find out about shortlisting about a week before interviews (well, all who are shortlisted will find out anyway. Maybe those who aren’t will be waiting longer?! Not sure.) 🙂

Any progress this week?

Any progress this week?

I emailed hrscholar on Monday and was told that we will have news by the end of this week/beginning of next week.🙂

Thats great, the waiting is the annoying part. Best of luck

• Advertisement

Thats great, the waiting is the annoying part. Best of luck

Yeah. Waiting is tough. Best of luck to you as well!

Did you hear anything?

Did you hear anything?

No. I’ve got a feeling it will be next week at this stage. Monday, I hope. I’m trying not to think about it but I still keep checking my emails!

And you know, I’m not even too hopeful that I’ll get it! Any idea what the cut-off marks were last year?

No clue, I had hopped to be at least shortlisted, but I know the number of scholarships is very small so was kinda just applying and hoping. No news still

• Advertisement

Nothing yet. I’d love to know one way or another.

Anything?

Paulbeth wrote: »
    Anything?

Nope, nothing. Might be worth calling at this stage and seeing what is up. My Msc supervisor said though that he expects me to hear back in a few weeks and the deadlines on the website might be incorrect. But at this stage who knows...

Nope, nothing. Might be worth calling at this stage and seeing what is up. My Msc supervisor said though that he expects me to hear back in a few weeks and the deadlines on the website might be incorrect. But at this stage who knows...

A few weeks!? Don’t know if I could wait that long more! If there’s nothing by Friday, I might send another gentle email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anthroalice

A few weeks!? Don’t know if I could wait that long more! If there’s nothing by Friday, I might send another gentle email.

I’ve applied for a scholarship in the humanities and heard back on Sunday, with the interview this Friday. Not sure if it’s the same in other departments though.

I’ve applied for a scholarship in the humanities and heard back on Sunday, with the interview this Friday. Not sure if it’s the same in other departments though.

Well done. Is it a Hardiman scholarship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anthroalice

Well done. Is it a Hardiman scholarship?
    Yes it is, but when I talked to my potential supervisor she said that the process is always delayed depending on the assessors, so perhaps they haven’t gotten around to contacting everyone.

I got an email for an interview for tomorrow, so looks like they are contacting people. Good luck!

I got an email for an interview for tomorrow, so looks like they are contacting people. Good luck!

Well done. Best of luck with the interview! I’ve heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 umerqureshi59

Hi Dear,

Although it's an old thread, I found this relevant to my current condition, I am going through the same process and waiting for the interview email, I applied for a Business and Management PhD. Any Idea about the interview email?

• Advertisement
Advertisement