Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expedia problem

• 23-03-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Had holiday booked with Expedia for Monday the 30th of March.
    Aer Lingus got in touch and gave me the refund voucher.
    I tried to get in touch with Hotel were booked with, but they have closed until April 14th.
    I tried getting in touch with Expedia. I only have the phone number but all I get is automatic voice message, then hangs itself up. I filled a form via there Twitter page, but no reply.
    I know they are beyond busy, but has anyone been in touch with them? and were able to get a refund?
    With the hotel closing itself down assume I must be getting something back?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Expedia are over whelmed with calls and emails, there call centre is based in Manchester, UK and Swords , Co. Dublin ROI.

You should get a refund on the hotel if they are closed.

Im sure Expedia will get back to you, they are cross training staff at the moment from another call centre to cover the backlog of call and emails.

All Irish Expedia bookings are going to be dealt with by the call centre in Dublin, Swords.

Its either Concentrix or Convergys group as they are owned by Expedia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Thank you.

Two days before our trip, still no reply.
    So I cancelled via the app. We were given a full refund (30 days)
    If I had been made aware I could do it via the app so easily it would have saved some stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

jface187 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Two days before our trip, still no reply.
    So I cancelled via the app. We were given a full refund (30 days)
    If I had been made aware I could do it via the app so easily it would have saved some stress.

Did you ever hear back?

I had a trip to the US from march 28 - april 5 booked but was unable to get through to anyone. I waited in excess of 3 hours. To date I have not received any communication or refund.

I never heard anything back
    but I did get full refund from EXP.
    I'm onto Aer Lingus now to get the refund for my flights, wish me luck.

jface187 wrote: »
    I never heard anything back
    but I did get full refund from EXP.
    I'm onto Aer Lingus now to get the refund for my flights, wish me luck.

Hey

Did Expedia just voluntarily issue you a refund?

And also, what were the dates on your flights if you don't mind me asking? Mine were March 28 & April 6, just wondering if they are going through them by date maybe.

EDIT - I just cancelled via the app myself. Seems remarkably simple. I spoke with them via live chat and email and they kept insisting I had to ring and couldn't cancel online! If you got a refund for your flights cancelling through the app then I am hoping I will be in the same boat now...

• Advertisement

Yeah I got the refund through the app. But it's so hard to know. I was trying to get in touch but no response, I wished they say just cancel via the app and get refund.

Did it take long after you put it through the app to get the money back into your account?

A couple of weeks, but still no response to any of my e-mails, or any way to deal with Aer Lingus. I been doing that myself but Aer Lingus are of course fighting it.

NOTE TO ALL USING EXPEDIA

They are now offering to arrange cancellation & refunds online:

https://www.expedia.ie/travel-alert-refunds

Sorry for the all caps, just wanted anyone looking for this info to see it to avoid queuing on the phone for 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I got an email from Expedia over the week end allowing me to cancel my booking. We had flights to Portugal for a week in mid May with Aer Lingus. I cancelled the hotel but I have do not have the option to cancel the flights in my Itinerary page as i assume the flight is not officially cancel yet.

Do I have to deal with Expedia to cancel the flight and get refund or do I have to deal directly with Aer Lingus?

Will that link allow me to cancel the full package including the flights with a refund?

• Advertisement

If you booked through Expedia, you also cancel through Expedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

But will Expedia give me a refund or the voucher option?

I tried to contact them but I'm on hold too long without anyone answering me and they even hung up on me the last time I tried calling.

Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

homer1982 wrote: »
    But will Expedia give me a refund or the voucher option?

I tried to contact them but I'm on hold too long without anyone answering me and they even hung up on me the last time I tried calling.

Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

Same thing happened to me. Held for 3 hours then they hung up on me.

I do not know for sure if you will get a refund but a gentleman in another thread told me he cancelled through the app, never heard a word from him, but got a full refund into his account about 14 days later. Here's hoping it's the same for me and you.

I cancelled through the app and got full refund from Expedia. But they said the flights I would have to get a refund from the airline. Aer Lingus tried to screw me but I am getting full refund now.

Advertisement