Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb nexus 7 from Argos (parcel motel)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Thanks OP, great value. Only slightly more expensive than the cheap crap tablets doing the rounds in aldi/tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Just bought the 32g for my son to replace the cheapie chinese one he got for christmas last year - the eken w70. It was a great little bargain tablet but screen smashed by his 5 yr old sister. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Wow you must be excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

degsie wrote: »
    Wow you must be excited!

I'd say they are on their phone, does that sometimes multiply posts by not letting you know it was posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Slim port adapter is under a tenner on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

paddyp wrote: »
    Slim port adapter is under a tenner on ebay.

I think they will only work with the 2013 model, not the 2012 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

Went with a 32GB. Even as a refurb, I think that's cracking value @ ~€145.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Just bought the 32g for my son to replace the cheapie chinese one he got for christmas last year - the eken w70. It was a great little bargain tablet but screen smashed by his 5 yr old sister. Thanks op

Lucky boy getting 3 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

If only!! Probably could do with a standby or 2 given the number of times the old one got dropped!

I was posting from my Samsung tablet last night and it double posted - then when I tried to delete one, another one popped up so I gave up! Seems to be happening to a few posts lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ordered one. Great offer. Thanks OP.

Anyone know where I can order one of the official cases for this model? Amazon isn't throwing up results for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Think I got one of last 16gb, cheers op. What do they retail for new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

16gb are on argos for €170 new. so a great saving. :D

Looks like Argos refurb stock is gone. Dabs outlet are also selling the 32gb version at £110. The warranty is only 6 months though, 3 month manufacturer's warranty + 3 months from dabs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-GOOGLE-NEXUS-32GB-WI-FI-7-IPS-TABLET-BLACK-/310817462021?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item485e2a1705

The cheapest place I've seen a NEW one is the carphonewarehouse UK site. 16gb ones are £119 there.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ASUS_NEXUS_7_WIFI_16GB

Anyone had theirs ship yet? Mine still hasn't had dispatch notification

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Any sign of them being back in stock?

BArra wrote: »

Got a dispatch e-mail this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

The cheapest place I've seen a NEW one is the carphonewarehouse UK site. 16gb ones are £119 there.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ASUS_NEXUS_7_WIFI_16GB

That's the 2012 version.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    That's the 2012 version.

Yes, when I say 'new' I mean a new and unused 2012 version, rather than a refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Dispatch email this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

32GB refurb back in stock here at GBP£120, showing as 55 available but will probably go fast like last time.

• Advertisement

Anyone received theirs? Mine checked into parcel motel NI today at 2pm

Not sure if it will arrive in the locker tommorow though with it being Sunday, and of course they are very busy with Christmas rush

Anyone received theirs? Mine checked into parcel motel NI today at 2pm

Not sure if it will arrive in the locker tommorow though with it being Sunday, and of course they are very busy with Christmas rush

Mine was delivered to my locker at 7 this morning

how is it? new box? any marks or such on the device?

how is it? new box? any marks or such on the device?

I haven't had a chance to go down and pick it up yet. I'll be grabbing it tomorrow morning so I'll post back then

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Picked up today, box has Argos managers special sticker on it and sellotaped up with the nexus in some plastic wrapper off god knows what so wrapping not great but no marks whatsoever on the Nexus or the charger and picked up KitKat 4.4.2 straight away so full marks to it! cheers OP

can you install flash with 4.4.2 kitkat on the nexus though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

can you install flash with 4.4.2 kitkat on the nexus though?

Using maybe Firefox or a different browser you should, its just Chrome really that hates Firefox..

Advertisement