Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Veg Offers-15th December

• 14-12-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Great prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Starting tomorrow at a supermarket near you :

la guerra de las coles de Bruselas :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Great prices.

Go away outta that.

Wait till they get to 2c then they'll be great prices;) :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I'm surprised there's still an independent fruit and veg supplier left in the country, let a lone a farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Cut those carrotts & parsnips lengthwise.

Bit of oil... Spoon of honey..... Sprinkling of nutmeg.

Roast in the oven & you have a very cheap golden tasty side to accompany your sprouts.

Looks very "christmasy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm surprised there's still an independent fruit and veg supplier left in the country, let a lone a farmer.

They're called loss leaders.

They reckon they'll get their profit from you as you'll invariably buy more stuff when you get in there.

mfceiling wrote: »
    They're called loss leaders.

They reckon they'll get their profit from you as you'll invariably buy more stuff when you get in there.

I know all about loss leaders and I'm talking about other suppliers not lidl. At this price they're still almost half the 15c Dunnes had last week.

How a small veg supplier can sell as much as a turnip nowadays it beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Carrot n Parsnip soup for next weeks lunches. Yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bump !!

Dont forget aldi veg and fruit specials from today also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl and aldi brought buy their fruit and veg from Irish suppliers( I seriously doubt that's the case with a certain uk supermarket chain).

But if a local vegetable supplier can't compete on price, it should compete with better service and knowledge. But any time I have gone to an independent supplier, the shop is flithy and the staff were horrible

• Advertisement

I meant deliveries ie wholesalers.

The fact that the Germans buy local is one of the things I actually like about them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Great :mad:

now it's going to be even harder to spend enough to use a voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

hfallada wrote: »
    Lidl and aldi brought buy their fruit and veg from Irish suppliers( I seriously doubt that's the case with a certain uk supermarket chain).

But if a local vegetable supplier can't compete on price, it should compete with better service and knowledge. But any time I have gone to an independent supplier, the shop is flithy and the staff were horrible
    AFAIK tesco use keelings for most of there product

Just made a huuuuge batch of roasted sprouts and carrot soup. It sounds disgusting but it's yum. Grand total, for about 2 weeks worth of soup....about 0.60cent. :D:D (Added an onion fried, salt, pepper,garlic powder and 2 veg stock cubes).

Going to freeze half of it for the last week in January when I'm always smashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

anniehoo wrote: »
    Going to freeze half of it for the last month in January when I'm always smashed.

The last month in January sure is a looooohhhhnnnggg month! :p

unkel wrote: »
    The last month in January sure is a looooohhhhnnnggg month! :p
    :p Week...I meant week! Dreading it already :D

Advertisement