Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette Sensor Excell 5pk for €5

• 14-11-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Spotted these in Superquinn Greystones, might be a local promo but there were box loads of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Probably the last good cartridge system from Gillette.
    Much better than the Mach3 or fusion.
    Less blades equals less irritation.

Good find OP.

Price reduction is a tad exaggerated, normally around 8 euro for a 5 pack in Boots/Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They are without the best gilette razor blades you can buy and the cheapest. I have used them since I stared shaving 7 years ago and I have only cut myself twice with them and they dont give razor burn or ingrown hairs like the expensive ones.

But they are near impossible to find atm at affordable prices, so I switched to a safety razor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Great spot - please post if you spot these elsewhere around Dublin. Very good valie IMO. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

I have been usung the Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 disposables for the last few years....was in Pavillions Swords yesterday.
    8 pack in Boots was 10.99
    Same 8 pack in Dunnes was €5.50 ...there was no price on them in store but was pleasantly surprised at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Good find OP, but the Price tag says "Fusion Proglide Manual Razor", can you confirm if Gillette Sensor Excel offer is valid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Good find OP, but the Price tag says "Fusion Proglide Manual Razor", can you confirm if Gillette Sensor Excel offer is valid?

They have several razors to clear as well, maybe they put the pos under the wrong product but the Excel blades are definitely a fiver, the manager confirmed this to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

thats brilliant! I thought I was the only person who thought sensor excel were the business. The mach 3 brigade are always laughing at me.

For me, its the weight of the handle and whole razor. I find the new razors (mach 3 etc.) way too light.

Now €2.50 a pack :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Will these blades fit a Fusion handle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Don't think they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Wineman wrote: »
    Now €2.50 a pack :)

Great razor, fantastic price!

Is this offer in all Superquinns? Does it also apply to SuperValu?

Just checked in my local Supervalue and these were still Eur8.97. Post any stores where you see this offer, as would love to pick up a pack or two. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Has anyone found these blades at the ops price anywhere else around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭lashofeye

Where are they 2.50 ?? I would love to get Fiance some of these :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

lashofeye wrote: »
    Where are they 2.50 ?? I would love to get Fiance some of these :)
    Greystones, apparently.

Manager said its a local promo only, sorry folks.

Found these in Superquinn Ranelagh. EUR2.50 each. Bought 2 packs. 4 left. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wonder if they are clearing off stock with the intention to stop stocking them.
    Gillette don't like it when people buy the older 'cheaper' range instead of the newer Fusion/Mach3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

More than likely clearing old stock as the Superquinn brand will soon disappear and these are a very old model of razor now that most wholesalers no longer stock/aren't produced anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭jacool

I wonder if they are clearing off stock with the intention to stop stocking them.
    Gillette don't like it when people buy the older 'cheaper' range instead of the newer Fusion/Mach3.

heard there's been a big fall off in sales in November - hasn't been explained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

uRbaN wrote: »
    I have been usung the Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 disposables for the last few years....was in Pavillions Swords yesterday.
    8 pack in Boots was 10.99
    Same 8 pack in Dunnes was €5.50 ...there was no price on them in store but was pleasantly surprised at the checkout.

They're on sale in dunnes every now and then. It's 100% free so that's why 8 cab be great value. Not disposable either, get a fair few shaves from them.

Anyone know where you can get the razors at a good price? Thought I had one, but I must have thrown it out. Seen them in boots for eur9 including 2 blades. Thanks.

Advertisement