Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holiday Booked through a travel agent

Options
  • 01-04-2020 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Ive looked this up and as per citizens information if you have a package holiday booked before may 29th, you are entitled to a full refund. From their definition a package holiday is advertised and sold as a whole package.

In my case I have holiday booked for the states which was tailored specific for me through the travel agent. Booked flights into boston, accom in boston and new York and return flight from New York. Would the travel agent be refunding this as the product they sold me is no longer feasible or would it be a case of trying my insurance.

My travel agent did ring me last week saying I had the option to reschedule flights, get a refund on Boston accom but new York was non refundable and that as it stands the holiday is due to go ahead. I did not take up this offer as I would be down considerable money and rescheduled flights are really of little benefit to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

seamie78 wrote: »
    Ive looked this up and as per citizens information if you have a package holiday booked before may 29th, you are entitled to a full refund. From their definition a package holiday is advertised and sold as a whole package.

In my case I have holiday booked for the states which was tailored specific for me through the travel agent. Booked flights into boston, accom in boston and new York and return flight from New York. Would the travel agent be refunding this as the product they sold me is no longer feasible or would it be a case of trying my insurance.

My travel agent did ring me last week saying I had the option to reschedule flights, get a refund on Boston accom but new York was non refundable and that as it stands the holiday is due to go ahead. I did not take up this offer as I would be down considerable money and rescheduled flights are really of little benefit to me

I'm due to fly out to New York Sunday. Had a package deal, travel agent has managed to cancel my hotel booking but our airline is not allowing refunds. Its across the board with alot of airlines from what I seen for US travel.

United Airlines are offering a fee free transfer of date for up to one year. Obviously we will have to pay the fare difference depending on when we go. Still undecided what to do or when we reschedule for as we don't know how long it will be until we get the far side of this pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I'm due to fly out to New York Sunday. Had a package deal, travel agent has managed to cancel my hotel booking but our airline is not allowing refunds. Its across the board with alot of airlines from what I seen for US travel.

United Airlines are offering a fee free transfer of date for up to one year. Obviously we will have to pay the fare difference depending on when we go. Still undecided what to do or when we reschedule for as we don't know how long it will be until we get the far side of this pandemic.

As per citizens info if its a package deal you are entitled to full refund

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/travel/travel_plans_and_covid19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

seamie78 wrote: »
    As per citizens info if its a package deal you are entitled to full refund

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/travel/travel_plans_and_covid19.html

I'm booked with travel republic too tenerife on the 3rd of may
    My final payment is on the 19th of April, do I pay it to get back the full amount?

Advertisement