Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difficulty finding a sponsor

Options
  • 06-03-2020 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Is anyone else finding it difficult getting out to practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is anyone else finding it difficult getting out to practice?

Family or friends?

Offer a few drinks or a few euro for the help...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Markhealylouth

Family or friends?

Offer a few drinks or a few euro for the help...

I've tried, people are just busy and I don't want to be a pain at the same time. I posted a request to pay someone just to sit with me but no response. My test will arrive and I'm concerned I haven't done enough.

I've tried, people are just busy and I don't want to be a pain at the same time. I posted a request to pay someone just to sit with me but no response. My test will arrive and I'm concerned I haven't done enough.

I gather with your name you live in Louth???

Suggestions could work such as drop them to meetings or shops etc but obviously you would need to hang around.

Have you contacted any instructors and use your own car, may do you a deal.

I'd recommend definitely getting a pre test and see how you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Markhealylouth

I gather with your name you live in Louth???

Suggestions could work such as drop them to meetings or shops etc but obviously you would need to hang around.

Have you contacted any instructors and use your own car, may do you a deal.

I'd recommend definitely getting a pre test and see how you are.

I have my own car since September, completed my twelve EDT lessons. Six months practice end at the end of march. Then eligible for test. I plan to get pre test lessons once I hear back what date my test will be but in the meantime it's necessary practice. Can't keep forking out forty quid an hour, I've other commitments to pay that money too.

I have my own car since September, completed my twelve EDT lessons. Six months practice end at the end of march. Then eligible for test. I plan to get pre test lessons once I hear back what date my test will be but in the meantime it's necessary practice. Can't keep forking out forty quid an hour, I've other commitments to pay that money too.

Shouldn't be 40 in your own car, try around should be able to get for at least 20-25

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My lessons worked out about €25, and that was in the instructor's car- I block booked about 2,000 lessons because I had no sponsor either.

You could google and look around for a cheaper instructor, and use them for your practice?

Posy wrote: »
    My lessons worked out about €25, and that was in the instructor's car- I block booked about 2,000 lessons because I had no sponsor either.

You could google and look around for a cheaper instructor, and use them for your practice?
    2000 lessons????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm obviously exaggerating- sorry, I assumed that would be obvious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

I would target retired and/or senior citizens.

Have a chat with your local Postmaster/mistress, they may know someone. If not, would they display a wee pamphlet for you ?

Perhaps payment might be just to take them shopping if they now have no car. It may be necessary to renew their driving licence which would cost you price of a medical certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I’m an ex ADI but retired now with loads of time on my hands. I’m living in Dub 4 and would be happy to help someone out if needed.
    PM if interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement