Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Truck licence test

• 06-03-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Guys

Just wondering how long does it generally take to get a date for the truck driving test after you've first applied?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Ursulal wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just wondering how long does it generally take to get a date for the truck driving test after you've first applied?

Thanks.

From when I applied for the test and sat it took 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ursulal

From when I applied for the test and sat it took 6 weeks.

Not bad. How long ago was that? I was thinking it definitely wouldn't be as long as waiting for the car test!

Not bad. How long ago was that? I was thinking it definitely wouldn't be as long as waiting for the car test!

Done the rigid in 2012, artic in 2015, was 6 weeks in both cases. These categories seem to get priority as they are for employment purposes 99% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ursulal

Done the rigid in 2012, artic in 2015, was 6 weeks in both cases. These categories seem to get priority as they are for employment purposes 99% of the time

Thanks Cork Trucker. Yes this is for employment purposes asap!

Thanks Cork Trucker. Yes this is for employment purposes asap!

You’re welcome. Yes that’s usually why those tests are shorter in waiting time than cars and bikes. Trucks/buses get priority. I waited 9 months for my car test in 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcloupj1

Hi,
    I did my test on the 2nd March gone by. I only had to wait a little over 3 weeks to get a my test date.I applied at the end of the first week in Feb. This is all changed now I would expect with tests being cancelled.This was the case for the Sligo test centre as this is where I did my test.The truck and bus tests are done generally in the last week of the month or the first few days of the new month ,in Sligo anyhow .
    By the way I had only passed my C licence test on the 27th January so they will get you through the system quickly as mentioned by the other poster

Advertisement