Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch £167 on Amazon

• 11-01-2020 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

Fossil Men's Gen.5 Smartwatch with Stainless £167 on Amazon. I bought one a while ago mainly because I thought Google Pay works on Wear OS in Ireland - it doesn't :( My old Samsung was actually better. Wear OS is buggy and slow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So is it a bargain or not? Sounds like you're advising to stay away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

digitaldr wrote: »
    Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch £167 on Amazon. I bought one a while ago mainly because I thought Google Pay works on Wear OS in Ireland - it doesn't :( My old Samsung was actually better. Wear OS is buggy and slow.

How does Google pay not work ? Google pay works on my phone perfectly fine. What's the fault your having on wear OS

Also your link has it at 217 pound not 167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Try before you buy if possible or if you like Wear OS then go for it as it has the latest hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

listermint wrote: »
    How does Google pay not work ? Google pay works on my phone perfectly fine. What's the fault your having on wear OS

Google Pay on the Wear OS is not supported in Ireland. There are work arounds which last around 20min and have to be reapplied.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    Google Pay on the Wear OS is not supported in Ireland. There are work arounds which last around 20min and have to be reapplied.

Any more information on this.? First I've heard

Workarounds involve the use of a proxy so definitely not secure and apparently increase battery drain too. Link should be fixed now.

Google are rumoured to be buying fitbit so will probably abandon Wear OS altogether not that they're too committed to it anyway! Interestingly recently discovered that AIB support payment with select fitbits.

Read the link in my post. Its official Google info.

I found this out 2 years ago and ended up going with a Garmin watch and Garmin Pay. It only supports KBC Bank and Revolut in Ireland.

Fitbit Pay is another option and includes AIB as well as KBC and Revolut.

As of 2 years ago when I last looked the work around on Google Pay Wear OS worked but was awkward, having to be reapplied every 20min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Shows as £245 when I click on it

• Advertisement

Shows as £245 when I click on it

It was definitely £167 about 45min ago.

Yeah price has gone back up alright. Was definitely £167 for a short while though.

Screenshot-20200111-082251.jpg

Chances are it'll drop again as they've been heavily discounting them in the states which is where I got mine.

What's the point of geo restricting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

VPN on phone to one of the servers of countries that support it also works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Google Pay works just fine on my Huawei watch. Dont need to carry phone with me either. Great stuff.

Google Pay works fine in Ireland via the Pay Enabler app. In reality it was a 'convenience' I never used because 99% of the time I have my phone on me anyway.

if it was even a bargain at £167 it's certainly not now at £245

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Google Pay works on my Huawei Watch 2

I'm now confused on the Google pay thing now. I understand people have put up Google website for supported locations but frankly that doesn't always give up to date information. Now we've folks saying it works fine. Anyone with actual experience in no Huawei watches.

I'm now confused on the Google pay thing now. I understand people have put up Google website for supported locations but frankly that doesn't always give up to date information. Now we've folks saying it works fine. Anyone with actual experience in no Huawei watches.

Makes no sense to me why for Wear OS Google would geo restrict Google pay to certain countries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It worked fine at one point on my Huawei Watch 2 but then when I changed phone I had to start using pay enabler. It's definitely a bit hit and miss.

Advertisement