Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL - Sharp - 40 Inch Ultra HD Smart TV

Options
  • 30-12-2019 3:59pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/january-sales/40-inch-ultra-hd-smarttv/p34401

RRP €340, on sale from the 6th of January at € 289.99.

Wireless connection with mobile devices Hd Tuner Dvb-T/T2/C/S/S2 (Mpeg4 + Hevc/H.265)
    SD Card Reader Panel Resolution 3840x2160
    3 x USB Ports
    3 x HDMI Ports
    Netflix/Saorview

Seems like a decent price, but... does anyone know the exact model of this telly?

Thanks.

498709.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I think its this model; MPN: 4T-C40BJ5KF2FB

only 50Hz though

If it's the 2T-C40BJ5KF2FB model then it's cheaper from Amazon. :)

Edit: Not this model as different number of ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Is it 4K as it says Ultra HD?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'll ask LIDL directly, it might be easier - if I find out, I'll post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

Would this be suitable for a ps 4, & as a second tv?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say so, but if we knew what model it was we'd be able to look up all the specs. 40in is quite big for a second TV, mind you, unless your first TV is the size of a king size duvet cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Is it 4K as it says Ultra HD?

Don't think so,as most 4k TV's state it quite plainly ,,,,

New Home wrote: »
    I'd say so, but if we knew what model it was we'd be able to look up all the specs. 40in is quite big for a second TV, mind you, unless your first TV is the size of a king size duvet cover.

In its correct usage, true 4K refers to a resolution of 4096 x 2160, which was first introduced in digital cinemas. UHD refers to a resolution of 3840 x 2160, which is the resolution you actually get on the TVs you take home.

I'm don't know if you've quoted the right post, but I meant the size of the telly, not its resolution. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Says the resolution on the page 3840x2160

I find most expensive electronics in Lidl have very bad reviews online - like the supplier is trying to get rid of junk
    Would advise check the model online for reviews - Sharp are not the best brand to start wtih.

• Advertisement

And that's exactly why I was looking for the model number...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New Home wrote: »
    And that's exactly why I was looking for the model number...

As its the same image and spec mentioned by Lidl I presume its this below:

81976d02912c282383650cbb625225c242c97085_406171_2.jpg?quality=80&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=&width=

Spec 40AJ2K / 4T-C40AJ2KF2FB

Review 40AJ2K / 4T-C40AJ2KF2FB

Manual 40AJ2K / 4T-C40AJ2KF2FB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Fair play finding it Davy
    Reviews seem grand but no technical detail at all just great picture blah blah - one review from someone coming from a CRT lol
    RS sold it at £300
    Would rather go Panasonic from DID, bigger screen 30/40 euro more and very good reviews

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

patspost wrote: »
    Would this be suitable for a ps 4, & as a second tv?

Not for a ps 4. Refresh rate is too low, it uses Active Motion Resolution (AMR) to compensate this.
    It has no gaming mode.

Not for a ps 4. Refresh rate is too low, it uses Active Motion Resolution (AMR) to compensate this.
    It has no gaming mode.

Correct,go to or a Samsung 7 series 4k- richer sounds - 6 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

Thanks for the advice re PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

seen today in lidl are doing a 55 inch sharp for 399 argos is doing a sharp 55 inch for 370

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

seen today in lidl are doing a 55 inch sharp for 399 argos is doing a sharp 55 inch for 370

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1400087.htm

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3032790.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Those links don't bring me to a specific product?

Are those TV worth buying or they just very budget TVs. Hard to know if a brand is still the same quality of old.

beauf wrote: »
    Those links don't bring me to a specific product?

Are those TV worth buying or they just very budget TVs. Hard to know if a brand is still the same quality of old.

don t know much about sharp i allways go for LG. these old tv names are come out but are not really made by sharp there made by someone else for sharp like panasonic toshiba hitachi jvc LG all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

I always see people slating Sharp TVs on threads like these. I know they do not compete with higher end models but I took a chance on a 43" screen from Tesco for €349 in 2015 and it is still working perfectly.

(I did have to add a sound bar as the sound was very tinny)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/january-sales/55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv/p34410

Parents looking at this

Could not find much information on it. They just watch Netflix and on Virgin.

I told them to check Powercity or DID

Any other suggestions or is this worth it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Sharp stuff is low end. Doesn't mean they're not OK picture quality or whatever, but they're cheap, budget sets similar to JVC, Walker, and those sort of brands. I wouldn't say these are any bargain, just getting what you pay for.

Lidl usually have 3 year no hassle warranty though. So that's a nice plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Have a Sharp thats over 10 years old and working perfect, I thought it was a great tv. I might roll the dice on the 55'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think have to judge it on the picture quality yourself and not the brand. Relying on a brand isn't what is used to be.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/sharp-tvs-are-they-any-good-which-are-the-best-deals

Homelander wrote: »
    Sharp stuff is low end. Doesn't mean they're not OK picture quality or whatever, but they're cheap, budget sets similar to JVC, Walker, and those sort of brands. I wouldn't say these are any bargain, just getting what you pay for.

Lidl usually have 3 year no hassle warranty though. So that's a nice plus.

it states 2 year warranty on there web site

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Most of the following TV's are all made by Vestel Turkey ,
    Walker
    Normende
    Entry level Panasonic
    Sharp
    Toshiba
    Digihome
    Silvercrest
    So most have the same specs under different brands.
    Nothing wrong with any of the above , just remember they are all entry level , Samsung , Sony or LG and high end.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

SATNAV wrote: »
    Most of the following TV's are all made by Vestel Turkey ,
    Walker
    Normende
    Entry level Panasonic
    Sharp
    Toshiba
    Digihome
    Silvercrest
    So most have the same specs under different brands.
    Nothing wrong with any of the above , just remember they are all entry level , Samsung , Sony or LG and high end.
    Except Sharp for one, who are made by UMC this past number of years.

UMC also make TV's for "brands" like Ferguson, Hitachi, Goodmans, Logik, Blaupunkt, Technika, etc. (but not exclusively, so pot luck).

Your point stands of course, with some/many brands, they're not what they once were.

byte wrote: »
    Except Sharp for one, who are made by UMC this past number of years.

UMC also make TV's for "brands" like Ferguson, Hitachi, Goodmans, Logik, Blaupunkt, Technika, etc. (but not exclusively, so pot luck).

Your point stands of course, with some/many brands, they're not what they once were.
    hitachi tv.s are made by vestel of turkey for argos jvc for currys

• Advertisement
Advertisement