Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hygiene and Lockdown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Why are you so put out that a poster thought you had a husband. You don't, I get that, but why are you going on about it?

The poster thought you were either a woman, or gay.

Are these terrible shameful things?

Pettiness like that is not a nice quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Why are you so put out that a poster thought you had a husband. You don't, I get that, but why are you going on about it?

The poster thought you were either a woman, or gay.

Are these terrible shameful things?

Not at all. It was a little gay joke like "you're gay". Not even a good gay joke. Speaks for itself.

As I said, a username of ‘duderino’ suggested a woman to me. You are a very petty person to keep harping on about that. As well as being judgmental.

Given you grossness and smelliness, I judge you a gross, smelly person. But that can hardly come as a surprise to you. You started a thread about how gross and smelly you are. What were we supposed to think, "there's someone who has their sh1t together"? - their sh1t together in their crusty undies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I've stopped shaving. I had a beard before Covid 19 now I have a fur ball.

I can't go one day without a shower and you can smell you're own body odour unless you're nose blind (from not showering very often).

Given you grossness and smelliness, I judge you a gross, smelly person. But that can hardly come as a surprise to you. You started a thread about how gross and smelly you are. What were we supposed to think, "there's someone who has their sh1t together"? - their sh1t together in their crusty undies.

Jesus, you are really put out by the ‘duderino’ thing. Sounds like you are not coping too well with lockdown. Stay well, dude(rino).

• Advertisement

Jesus, you are really put out by the ‘duderino’ thing. Sounds like you are not coping too well with lockdown. Stay well, dude(rino).

I’m well, thanks. Clean and healthy and in great company.

I’m sure you’ll feel a bit better after a wash. Less of a gross and smelly, for a while anyway.

I’m well, thanks. Clean and healthy and in great company.

I’m sure you’ll feel a bit better after a wash. Less of a gross and smelly, for a while anyway.

Sure doesn’t sound like you are doing well. Maybe you need to reach out to someone.

I'm sure there are farmers near you you could go and get dipped once fortnight with the sheep. Save you showering at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Ficheall wrote: »
    I live on my own and haven't left the house in about 40 days, and I'm showering about once a week. But if others need to shower to help maintain a sense of routine and keep mentally healthy, I see nothing wrong with that.

F*cking hell, think I can smell you through the screen :(

Surely it would be Duderina?

Rodney, take a shower. Take two, just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Candie wrote: »
    Surely it would be Duderina?

Rodney, take a shower. Take two, just to be sure.

Languages are not his strong point. Languages and personal hygiene.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Languages are not his strong point. Languages and personal hygiene.

Rodneys so smelly even his Right Guard turns left. :(

Candie wrote: »
    Rodneys so smelly even his Right Guard turns left. :(

Right Guard has abandoned post and gone awol to a more sweetly fragranced armpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If Rodney fell into the canal, the first responders would probably throw him a bar of soap.....

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Right Guard has abandoned post and gone awol to a more sweetly fragranced armpit.

L’oreal Men Expert roll on actually.

L’oreal Men Expert roll on actually.

It's rolled off! You're meant to apply it to clean, dry pits not layer it over yesterday's application. Must be getting snagged on the congealed sweat and lumps of dried out roll that are clumping in your underarm hair, surely?

I hadn't realised so many people were in thrall to ‘Big Soap’. The personal hygiene industrial complex have you all so brainwashed that you think the world will end if you don’t shower every day.

Wake up, Sheeple and break free from your oppressors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I dread to think how the bedclothes of the soap dodgers smell, or the weird stains they've accumulated.

I bet they don't even iron their bedclothes when they do eventually change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Still showering daily, putting on makeup and clothes daily. May as well stick to my usual routine because it feels good and I like feeling clean and fresh.

I don't understand how someone could switch to only once a week showers. There's not a hope in hell you can't smell your stench after a week without a shower, that's absolutely vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I dread to think how the bedclothes of the soap dodgers smell, or the weird stains they've accumulated.

I always dress my bed in pure white for this reason. It always surprises me how quickly the dirt can develop and so need that reminder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

We know what you are spending your time at these day :pac:! Not everyone is at it like rabbits though.

How are you finding not being able to go to the pub Nox?

I'd say it's a nightmare. What date have you set in your head for an absolutely monster session. I'm thinking the June bank holiday is reasonable. I'm hoping the pubs are open but if not I'll have about 30 people over go the house and fire up the BBQ and start in to the cans by 11am at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I bet they don't even iron their bedclothes when they do eventually change them.

Such a weirdo.

I've kept to the same shower routine basically but I haven't shaved in a while. Our dystopian future deserves a dystopian future beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I used to get the cleaner to iron my bedclothes. Now I have to do it myself as I got used to how great they feel. It’s a pain in the arse to iron bedsheets, let me tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Still showering daily, putting on makeup and clothes daily. May as well stick to my usual routine because it feels good and I like feeling clean and fresh.

I don't understand how someone could switch to only once a week showers. There's not a hope in hell you can't smell your stench after a week without a shower, that's absolutely vile.

Who said they dont shower after a week?

I think its bizarre wearing make up just to sit in the house.
    Why bother?.

Nice to feel good no doubt but dont need to but Im not going to wear a tuxedo in the house to do that!.

Feeling clean you said also.Surely that would mean clean of make up too?

I used to get the cleaner to iron my bedclothes. Now I have to do it myself as I got used to how great they feel. It’s a pain in the arse to iron bedsheets, let me tell you.

It is, but definitely worth it. Putting loads of fabric conditioner in the wash helps and they smell lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Anyone elses WFH office starting to get a bit pongy? There's a stake jizzum smell in mine that just won't shift even after airing it out. The wife definitely notices but isn't saying anything when she drops me up the tea and cake in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Anyone elses WFH office starting to get a bit pongy? There's a stake jizzum smell in mine that just won't shift even after airing it out. The wife definitely notices but isn't saying anything when she drops me up the tea and cake in the afternoon.

How often are you ‘making love‘ to yourself per day?

I hadn't realised so many people were in thrall to ‘Big Soap’. The personal hygiene industrial complex have you all so brainwashed that you think the world will end if you don’t shower every day.

Wake up, Sheeple and break free from your oppressors.

The world won't end. You'd get pretty smelly and gross though. Fine for someone who is OK with being a smelly, gross person in general. Repulsive to the rest.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I always dress my bed in pure white for this reason. It always surprises me how quickly the dirt can develop and so need that reminder

Pick one day a week as your bed changing day and you can have any colour you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Have a friend who does this and he becomes a sloth. I think not washing feeds in mentally to the attitude of f*** it and it shows physically and mentally. Can't beat having a shower feeling fresh and "new" as it were, ready to get going with the day.

The world won't end. You'd get pretty smelly and gross though. Fine for someone who is OK with being a smelly, gross person in general. Repulsive to the rest.

You are getting very personal, duderina. I can see you are not holding up to well under lockdown, don’t take it out on others please.

Iron bedsheets? You can't be serious, surely no one does such a crazy thing?

I don't iron any of my clothes, totally unnecessary if you hang them to dry the creases fall out. The only thing that needs ironing is formal shirts and I drop them into the cleaners for pressing. Haven't used an iron myself in years.
    How are you finding not being able to go to the pub Nox?

I'd say it's a nightmare. What date have you set in your head for an absolutely monster session. I'm thinking the June bank holiday is reasonable. I'm hoping the pubs are open but if not I'll have about 30 people over go the house and fire up the BBQ and start in to the cans by 11am at the latest.

Oh my mouth is watering at the thought of the session thats going to happen when the pubs reopen, it's a topic of a lot of conversation in the whatasapp groups.

In the mean time I always include a sizeable beer order with my online shopping delivery every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

]...In the mean time I always include a sizeable beer order with my online shopping delivery every week.

I'm on the 500ml cans of Carlsberg these evenings, a couple of local places usually have decent deals going on. It's not the same, though - I was always one for holding up a counter and talking crapola with mates. I've been doing the "virtual pub" kind of thing with friends and a few from the office via WebEx/Zoom - it's amusing enough, but like I say, not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Nah it's important to have a routine these days, it's essential you keep showering on a regular basis and continue having standards, exercise etc.

It's important for your mental well being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Pick one day a week as your bed changing day and you can have any colour you want.

I like them white some decorative trim is exotic as it gets I had black once, which affected my mood climbing in there

Not a good idea for bedsheets. Also if you use some pomade or grease your hair the pillows will get manky fairly fast so best to keep on top of that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

While my personal hygiene has been reasonable during the 3 and a half weeks I've been working from home (I shower most days, but did go 3 days without at one stage), I don't really get the repeated mantra that you have to maintain your regular routine for the sake of your mental health. I even attended an online work course which was giving wfh tips saying that I can do my job better if I dress as smartly as I did when going into the office

That might work for some people, but to me, I really don't need that, I'm happy to be detached from my regular routine. Pyjamas are designed to be as comfy as possible, so why wouldn't I sit in them all day while working? It has zero impact on my ability to do my job. It doesn't discourage me from exercising, and it actually makes me feel better while working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

While my personal hygiene has been reasonable during the 3 and a half weeks I've been working from home (I shower most days, but did go 3 days without at one stage), I don't really get the repeated mantra that you have to maintain your regular routine for the sake of your mental health. I even attended an online work course which was giving wfh tips saying that I can do my job better if I dress as smartly as I did when going into the office

That might work for some people, but to me, I really don't need that, I'm happy to be detached from my regular routine. Pyjamas are designed to be as comfy as possible, so why wouldn't I sit in them all day while working? It has zero impact on my ability to do my job. It doesn't discourage me from exercising, and it actually makes me feel better while working

That novelty feeling won't last forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Havn't shaved in four weeks but showering every two days and a fresh change of clothes or if i have to head out to Supermarket.

I don't understand people not showering for a week or more, your knob must be stink with a build up of cheese and nothing worse than sweaty balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

That novelty feeling won't last forever.

You call it a novelty, but given that my job involves sitting in front of a computer screen all day, with no video calls, how does what I'm wearing impact my ability to do my job? I could be sitting here in heels and lingerie and it wont make a difference

Overall, I have been making the most of this as I have a few months at home yet (in the US, and we're way behind Ireland right now with timeline of the virus). With no commute and having the time and energy to prepare my own meals, I'm eating healthier. I have more time to exercise, and adjust my work hours around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

You call it a novelty, but given that my job involves sitting in front of a computer screen all day, with no video calls, how does what I'm wearing impact my ability to do my job? I could be sitting here in heels and lingerie and it wont make a difference

Overall, I have been making the most of this as I have a few months at home yet (in the US, and we're way behind Ireland right now with timeline of the virus). With no commute and having the time and energy to prepare my own meals, I'm eating healthier. I have more time to exercise, and adjust my work hours around it.

Well u might get sore feet in heels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Havn't shaved in four weeks but showering every two days and a fresh change of clothes or if i have to head out to Supermarket.

I don't understand people not showering for a week or more, your knob must be stink with a build up of cheese and nothing worse than sweaty balls.

Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I’d say I’m showering 4-5 times a week and I think that’s plenty. Definitely washing my hair less though, maybe twice a week, which is great!

You are getting very personal, duderina. I can see you are not holding up to well under lockdown, don’t take it out on others please.

Ah relax, Shur the thread was started by the OP as a bit of craic, as they said repeatedly. They'd be saddened to see you dragging it down with insults and gay jokes.

I mean, even the OP would surely accept that they're a smelly yolk who's alone during lockdown for a good reason. Lol

Lighten up:p

Ah relax, Shur the thread was started by the OP as a bit of craic, as they said repeatedly. They'd be saddened to see you dragging it down with insults and gay jokes.

I mean, even the OP would surely accept that they're a smelly yolk who's alone during lockdown for a good reason. Lol

Lighten up:p

I don’t see any ‘gay jokes’, duderino. I think you need to catch yourself on.

I don’t see any ‘gay jokes’, duderino. I think you need to catch yourself on.

Ah lighten up. Or maybe go for a wash. It'll calm you down.

The itching must be driving him crazy at this stage.

Ah lighten up. Or maybe go for a wash. It'll calm you down.

Relax duderina, you are trying too hard to be funny. Doesn’t suit you.

Have you heard the joke about Rodney No-Bathgate?

Ah, never mind. It stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Who said they dont shower after a week?

I think its bizarre wearing make up just to sit in the house.
    Why bother?.

Nice to feel good no doubt but dont need to but Im not going to wear a tuxedo in the house to do that!.

Feeling clean you said also.Surely that would mean clean of make up too?

A poster in the thread said he/she is washing once a week currently.

Why bother? Because I want to? I like sticking to my usual routine.

Makeup doesn't make your face dirty. I remove it before I shower. Pretty simple concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Shower every day...sometimes twice a day.

I'm working from home so the attire has changed but I still need to be clean for my own sake and the sake of my family?

I can’t understand how someone supposedly in lockdown feels the need to shower twice a day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement