Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting widsom teeth removed?

• 06-06-2019 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hey, I'm 21 and my wisdom teeth started growing 2 years ago but very slowly. They've been causing numerous issues ever since.

Firstly, the top ones which have almost come down are growing sideways and scraped the side of my gum when I closed my mouth leaving "ulcers" (not really but wounds). The dentist said I could get them removed but it would have to be at a hospital.

As I'm doing my leaving cert, I need to put EMLA cream on the area and not eat beforehand as its quite painful.

How much would it cost and how would I begin the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

You need to ask your dentist for a referral to a hospital or an oral surgeon.

If you can afford it and don't require general anaesthetic then it could be carried out in a private practice. Either way a referral is your next step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Son had his removed recently at Clane General Hospital. PM me if you want the name of surgeon.
    Was a bit sore for a few days, but healed up really well, and no issues. All under general anaesthetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hey, I'm 21 and my wisdom teeth started growing 2 years ago but very slowly. They've been causing numerous issues ever since.

Firstly, the top ones which have almost come down are growing sideways and scraped the side of my gum when I closed my mouth leaving "ulcers" (not really but wounds). The dentist said I could get them removed but it would have to be at a hospital.

As I'm doing my leaving cert, I need to put EMLA cream on the area and not eat beforehand as its quite painful.

How much would it cost and how would I begin the procedure?

General anaesthetic is rarely necessary. IV sedation in an oral surgeons practice is the quicker, safer, cheaper and easier route....

Upper wisdom teeth are usually straight forward and can be done under local anaesthetic too..... Cost €150-€250 for an upper impacted tooth or covered by medical insurance...

If all four wisdom teeth.... if you have medical insurance and the teeth are impacted then expect to pay a few hundred to cover consultation and miscellaneous costs. If no insurance and treat under sedation, expect to pay approx €850 for four wisdom teeth under sedation. If no insurance and wanting a general anaesthetic then expect to pay 2-3 grand.....

Good luck
    OS

Advertisement